Dinner Date

A Fear To Overcome

  “Oppa?” she blurted.

  “You haven’t been practicing have you?” he asked while closing the door.

  “What are you doing here?” she asked feeling confused. “Wait, did you sent those guys to me?”

  “It wasn’t me,” he surrendered. “It was your dad.”

  “He sent me and those guys to you, just so he could check how ready you are when things like these happen,” he explained.

  “Oh great…” she muttered. “So this is how you want me to welcome you back?” she joked.

  “Hey, I’m still quite amazed with your skills okay. You maintained it, which is good,” he commented.

  “It’s been so long since we last drift, shall we?” he asked, leaning against his car.

  “Just a short one,” she smirked. “I have guests back in the hotel and it’s already dark.”

  “Okay, we’ll make it short. But, spare me some of your time tomorrow. Promise?” he pointed out his pinky.

She pecked her thumb on her lips and sealed the promise with Soohyun.

  “Promise,” she smirked.

  “There’s no need for you to drive, I’ll come and pick you up,” he winked.

Opening the door wide, she made an okay sign.

Both of them went into their cars and the engine. Switching the mode into sport, they drove out to an open space. Soohyun stepped on the accelerator and she tagged along. Playing with the gears, they drifted into 2 different circles, forming the number 8. Not just the exhaust sound filled the air, the smoke from the tyres too. After doing a few more drifting tricks, she horned in 3 long notes, indicating that she has to leave. With a reply of 2 short horns, Eugene left.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

  “No you shall not join,” N warned.

Just as the chairman of the hotel wanted to say something, he was interrupted. He was being told that Eugene was on the way back and he acknowledged it.

  “I have to go now. You boys decide on whether or not to learn self- defence. When you’re done deciding, you can just let Eugene know,” he informed.

The boys stood up and bowed. When the chairman left, Hongbin got back to the question.

  “Why shall I not join?” he asked.

  “You just got out from the hospital. You just recovered and now you’re attempting to hurt yourself again?” N clarified.

  “Self- defence is not meant to hurt myself. It’s meant to prevent me from getting hurt,” he said.

  “You’re not joining,” N concluded.

  “Who do think I am? A child? I know what I’m doing,” he raised his voice.

With that he grabbed Room 606’s key and left.

  “Why must you go against him?” Ravi groaned.

  “What? Are you trying to make me the bad guy?” N sneered at him.

  “It’s not that… But you know he has been sensitive lately,” Ravi sighed.

  “Precisely hyung… weren’t you the one that told us to take it slowly?” Hyuk reminded.

  “Fine… I’m at fault again, sorry,” N apologized.

Leo came towards him and patted his back lightly, “It’s gonna be fine. He needs more time.”

Then there was a door knock and everyone looked at the door.

  “Who is it?” Ken shouted.

  “Ken oppa! It’s me Eugene~” they heard her voice.

Ken opened the door and welcomed her in.

  “Oh, you guys are all in one room? Didn’t I prepare six?” she said while sitting on a chair. “Where’s Hongbin?”

  “He got into his room. He had a quarrel with N just now,” Hyuk said.

  “Again? What is it about this time?” she sighed.

  “Long story cut short, N doesn’t allow Hongbin to learn self- defence,” Ravi made it short. “He doesn’t want Hongbin to get hurt all over again after being checked out from the hospital.”

  “So Hongbin was trying to make a stand that he is always ready to get hurt? Is that it?” she clarified.

  “Yeah… you can say that,” Ravi nodded.

  “I’ll go console him,” she assured. “You guys can have your alone time in your own rooms,” she smiled.

  “Eugene- ah,” Ken called.

  “Yes Ken oppa?” she looked at him.

  “Are you okay? Are you not hurt anywhere?” Ken asked.

  “I’m completely fine!” she stood up and spins around. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll go to my room and get myself washed before I console Hongbin.”

  “Okay,” the boys nodded and waved their hands.

  “Enjoy your staycation!” she exclaimed with a wide smile.

Even though the situation was intense before she came in, she managed to cool it down. Everyone one said their goodnights and went into their respective rooms.

~~~~~

After having a shower, Eugene dried her wet hair. Thinking on what to later, she sat on her dressing table. Putting on her daily night skincare, she sighed.

She stood up, took her valuables and left her room. She head towards Room 605 and knocked the door. When the door opened, she felt ashamed all of a sudden. It was Ravi in a bathrobe, which girl wouldn’t go red by that?

  “Oh? Ravi-ah… do you Hongbin’s room?” she asked.

  “Next door,” he pointed to his right.

  “Oh okay, thanks,” she bowed slightly.

  “What if he’s sleeping?” he asked.

  “Ah that… I have the master key,” she showed him. “Sorry to disturb your rest!”

Taking a deep breath, she knocked onto his door. No answer. She tried ringing the doorbell but there still wasn’t an answer. Refusing to try for the third time, she unlocked the door with her master key. With all the light off, the room was dark, but the night view was exposed completely. She walked in and saw Hongbin on the bed sleeping soundly. She closed the door behind her slowly so she wouldn’t wake him up. She came closer and sat beside him by the edge of the bed. Slowly without realizing, he caressed his head and played with his hair.

  “Having me to treat you like this, it feels like a fantasy,” she said softly, smiling.

  “You’ve went through a lot today,” she said. “The boys were really worried for your safety. I must have hurt your feelings in the car earlier on… I’m sorry.”

In the midst of admiring him, her stomach growled. Like seriously, it was quite loud. She widened her eyes and tried to hush her stomach. Hongbin had a faint smile on his face, but Eugene couldn’t spot it due to the dark room.

  “I completely forgot about my lunch today,” she realized. “I should go get my dinner soon before I starve myself to death.”

She stood up and walked away, however she was being held back with the touch of Hongbin’s hand into hers.

  “Bring me for dinner too,” he said in his deep voice.

  “You awake?” she gasped.

  “Oh my god, he’s awake. He must’ve heard my stomach,” she felt embarrassed.

  “Yes, I heard it clearly. It was so loud, GRRR,” he imitated her hungry stomach.

  “Uh… do you want to order food here or shall we head to the hotel’s restaurant?” she diverted his attention.

  “Let’s have a date at the restaurant,” he sat up.

  “But I’m wearing…” she looked at herself.

  “No one’s gonna judge you. You still look pretty in those anyway,” he said smiling.

  “Shall we?” he offered his hand.

She shyly accepted and they linked arms.

  “That’s the way. Now let’s go!” he said, grabbing his valuables.


Thank you so much for dropping by and taking your time to read this! I would also like to thank my fellow 6 subscribers for showing me some support. And the two that has commented in the comment box, you guys really give me strength! I just want to give a reminder though, if there's a certain plot that you're keen to read in this story, you can comment about it in the comment box below and I'll include that plot in the story! All ideas are open! Once again, thank you so much and uh... let's all prepare for the last episode of Moorim tomorrow. Are you guys emotionally prepared? Well, I'm sort of prepared, haha!