Confession

A Fear To Overcome

 

Once reaching at the restaurant, they had a seat for two. Hongbin pulled a chair for Eugene and she sat. When both of them are seated, the waitress gave them the menu.

  “Just give me my usual night snack,” she ordered.

  “I’ll have what she has,” Hongbin said and the waitress nodded, taking away the menu.

  “Oh, and some wine please,” he continued.

  “So two of Miss Eugene’s usual night snack and I’ll bring my colleague to pour you some wine,” she said.

  “Yes please,” Hongbin nodded.

When the waitress walked away, Eugene looked at him.

  “Why? Am I too good- looking?” he asked looking back at her closer.

  “Must you really order wine?” she changed the topic.

  “Yeah…” he said.

Not long after, a waiter came towards them and pour for them some wine.

  “Look here,” he said with his phone on camera mood.

  “Gotcha, now I can look at your photo as and when I feel like it,” he smiled.

   "Isn’t it nice drinking wine with someone you love while looking at the beautiful night scenery,” he let out a heavy sigh while looking out the window.

  “Maybe it’s nice for you, but not me,” she said.

  “What? Why?” he asked looking at her.

  “Because I don’t love you, even if I do, it’s not real,” she admitted.

  “What?” he looked at her slightly hurt.

  “I only have a celebrity crush on you and nothing more,” she said it clearly.

  “Geez look who’s talking,” he rolled his eyes, leaning back towards his chair.

  “I did my job of telling you the truth, it’s your choice whether you trust me or not,” she said.

  “Then what was the situation in my room for huh? Caressing my hair with so much care, what was that for?” he questioned.

  “To make you feel better,” she said.

  “So you weren’t sincere about it at all?” he asked.

  “What do you think?” she smirked.

With that, the waitress came and served their food.

  “Oooh~ What’s this?” Hongbin asked the waitress acting like nothing has happened.

  “It’s one of Miss Eugene’s favourite snack, Pasta Cheese Fries,” she introduced.

  “Okay… thank you,” he thanked her kindly.

  “Enjoy!” she smiled and walked away.

  “Why must you quarrel with N oppa again?” she popped the question.

  “It’s none of your business,” he coldly responded, changing his mood in a blink of an eye.

  “I mean you guys are not kids anymore-” she was interrupted.

  “I said it’s none of your business,” he repeated and stuffed with his food.

  “Talking about you… can I ask you something?” she chewed.

  “What?” he asked not looking at her.

  “Do you really like me?” she asked.

  “How can I not? You were the only person I remembered from my past and I feel really comfortable around you,” he started to open up.

  “I know you were just a fan of mine who saved my life but there’s something about you that I feel attracted to. One way or another, I feel protected when you’re around me, and with that I want to do the same to you. I don’t like you because of your wealth or fame or whatsoever, I like you because you’re quite independent and cute sometimes. I like you just the way you are,” he continued, gulping down his wine.

  “Me? Cute? Are you serious?” she gasped.

  “Do I look like I’m joking now?” he asked seriously.

  “Will you let go of me once I’m yours? Do you even see your future with me in it?” she asked.

  “Look, this is our first meet up after 5 days of no communication and you have feelings for me already?” she pointed out.

  “And throughout those 5 days, you think I wasn’t trying my best to look for you? I really wanted to meet you in this hotel, but every time I’ve tried looking for you, N-hyung will always stop me. I don’t even see his point of doing that,” he ranted, while eating his fries.

  “Earlier today before I got unconscious, Hyuk was playing a remix of our song, Error. And while I was listening to it, do you know what I recalled? I recalled about me breaking down in tears for another woman with my clothes not buttoned. I don’t know whether it was an act or real. It haunts me down so badly because I was crying for another woman and not you!” he continued.

  “Lee Hongbin…” Eugene called out his name softly.

  “What you have remembered earlier this morning, that was all an act. You were crying because you were acting in your music video. You were their main character,” she explained. “And alongside with the main actress, she was Youngji, your junior.”

  “The lyrics to that song, I wish it doesn’t apply to me,” he admitted. "Please, I don’t want to go through heartbreaks, I want my love for you to be real, and I want it to go the same for you.”

She stood up and grabbed his hand, “Follow me.”

She dragged him to the grand piano that was placed in the middle of the restaurant.

  “Stand here. If you think that I should stop, just say it,” she said and sat on the piano chair.

The moment she played the first note (please do a right click on this hyper link and open it on a new tab), Hongbin got himself mentally ready. Slowly, pieces of memories for that particular event (Error) came flooding towards him. Not able to hold onto the pain, he fell onto his knees. Eugene stopped abruptly and went towards him.

  "I didn't tell you to stop," he said holding onto his head. "Finish it, I need my memories back."

Following his orders, she continued where she last stopped. For a while later, she ended it. Veins bulging out from his head and neck, trying to gasp as much air as possible, he gave all his might to get back on his feet.

  "I have to rest, I need to put my mind at ease for now," he started walking, controlling his balance.

Eugene placed his arm around her neck and she helped him walked to his room. She gently put him to rest while she went to the washroom and got herself a bowl of wayer with a towel. She dipped the towel in and squeezed all the water out. With so much care, she dabbed the towel on his forehead. Sooner or later, he fell fast asleep. Flashing back at what he said earlier, she felt guilty. If his love for me is real, should I return him the same? The words he said earlier about protecting me, can I really trust that?  But I'm a lady full of danger. My job of protecting the hotel it's kinda life threatening. He may give me his all, but in return I will just hurt him. What should I do Jeong Eugene? He is desperately seeking for your truest love, what are you going to do?

With that, she rested her head by his bed and closed her eyes.