It's my fault, I'm sorry

A Fear To Overcome

  “Yah, be extra careful on the cut alright?” Hongbin winced.

  “What happened to you?” Ravi asked.

  “Long story… I don’t want to talk about it,” he sighed.

  “Did the both of you have a fight or something? I mean you were fine this morning,” Ravi said.

  “We had a fight with a bunch of guys that just attacked us out of nowhere,” Hongbin said.

  “Eugene- ah, give me your hand,” Ken said.

 Ken slowly held her hand and dabbed some medication on her bleeding knuckles.

  “It’s gonna sting for a while. Hang in there okay?” he said and she nodded.

  “This is my fault,” she announced. “I shouldn’t have let Hongbin be involved in my business. This is my fault, I’m sorry.”

  “Yah Jeong Eugene! What are you talking about? This is definitely not your fault,” Hongbin yelled.

  “It is definitely my fault Lee Hongbin. I should have lock yourself in the car and not let you be involved. Now look at you, I bet many Starlights will be heartbroken,” she voiced out.

  “And you think we won’t be heartbroken to see our Starlight hurt too?” Hongbin pointed out.

  “I’m no longer your starlight Lee Hongbin. I’m someone related to you now,” she corrected. “My dad gives me tests to check on my skills every month and it was meant for me. It was my fault to include you in.”

Not wanting to make the situation gone worse, she excused herself.

  “I will listen to the song next time. That is if… I’m coming back here,” she bowed and left.

She went straight to her car and drove away leaving Hongbin behind with the rest of s. Hot tears started swelling up her eyes and she could feel a lump on .

This is why I hate falling in love. In the end I have to let him go so that he won’t get hurt. Why are you so selfish Eugene? How about yourself? Aren’t you hurt? Can’t you at least allow someone to get hurt so you’re protected? I can, but Hongbin is not just someone. Ugh! Whatever!

She drove straight back home and went straight to her dad’s room.

  “Appa, isn’t this too much?” she barged in.

Looking straight right up at her, he looked shock. Shocked to see his daughter badly injured.

  “What happened to you? Why are you so badly injured?” he ran up to her.

  “Stop acting appa. You have no idea what happened to Hongbin,” she said while tears started rolling down.  

  “Get yourselves together Eugene. I wouldn’t let you get injured this bad for your monthly test,” he pointed out.

  “If it’s not you, then who could it be appa?” she asked.

  “I’ll find out who made you like this. For now, go get yourself aided,” he sighed.

  “Appa, I am really going to depend on you in this. The way we fought with them wasn’t easy. We left them bleeding and unconscious,” she told him.

  “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. Secretary Kim, can you help me with Eugene?”

Secretary Kim nodded and helped Eugene to exit the room.

  “Do you want to go to the pool?” Kim asked.

  “Yes please,” she smiled weakly.

The pool has always been her relaxing place. The beautiful night scene never fails to relax her stressful mind. She sat down on a chair and Kim kneeled in front of her and started dabbing her forehead with medicine.

  “Is there anything you want to share with me?” Kim asked casually.

  “Are you willing to listen to me?” she asked.

  “Hey, I’ve always been your listening ear remember?” he reminded.

  “Right…” she smiled. “I’m just sick worried about Hongbin. He too, was badly injured and if anyone sees him like that, they’ll start questioning him.”

Kim nodded while pasting a plaster over her forehead.

  “I mean, he just got out from the hospital like 2 months ago and… he’s back to being injured. You know how dangerous we all are,” she voiced out.

  “Then what are you planning to do?” Kim asked as she took another cotton bud and soaked it with medication.

  “Should I distance myself away from him for the time being?” she asked.

  “No,” he said simply. “Leaving him behind now will make you look like you’re betraying him after you injured him. For the time being, sort things out with him and be close to him again.”

  “And what if this happens again? I realized that he’s rather stubborn,” she said.

  “Then make sure when this happens again, he’s not around you,” he responded. “And make sure he never finds out.”

  “I left him behind with the other members in the company just now. Should I go back there again?” she asked.

  “Of course you can. But if you want to go back there tonight, I might have to tag along. You’re not in a good state to drive,” he smiled. “The corner of your lips is bleeding. I’ll clean that off, but it’s gonna sting a bit.”

She nodded and he dabbed the cotton bud on her lips casually. She took out her phone and called Ken.

  “Hello? Ken oppa?” she said.

  “Eugene- ah what’s wrong?” he asked.

  “By any chance, are you still in the studio?” she asked.

  “Yup, I’m here with the rest well, except for Hongbin and Leo. They went out for a walk,” he informed.

  “Ah… I see, that’s okay then. Um… can I drop by?” she asked.

  “Now?” he asked.

  “Yeah,” she said.

  “Sure! Do you want me to call Hongbin and Leo back?” he asked.

  “No! There’s no need for that…” she trailed off.

  “Okay, no problem. We’ll wait for you,” he said and ended the call.

She looked at Kim and he offered his hand. She accepted it and they went straight to the car. Kim drove the car to the company and calmed Eugene. He parked the car outside the building.

  “I’ll wait for you in here,” Kim said and she nodded.

She went up to the studio and bowed to everyone.

  “Oh Eugene- ah, you’re here,” Ken said.

  “Sorry for causing a scene just now,” she apologized.

  “Nah… It’s okay, we know how you feel and we were grateful,” N said.

  “Grateful?” she asked.

  “It’s nice to have someone who truly cares about us,” he said.

  “How was Hongbin?” she asked.

  “That guy was totally broken when you left,” Ken said and sighed.

  “Okay, let’s put this subject aside. Let’s listen to the song,” she said.

Ravi nodded and switched on the final draft of Alive. Eugene was quite impressed with the outcome of it. She didn’t know it would turn quite good. For a while, she let go of her stress.

  “That’s impressive! Your skills are definitely awesome!” she exclaimed. “Ooh~ this s really good. Starlights will definitely not be disappointed in this.”

  “Wah~ this song is not released yet and we’re getting good feedback,”Hyuk smiled.

  “Haha! I mean, this song is really good. Once it’s out, I’m definitely gonna download this! Great job guys!” she showered them with compliments.

  “Thanks Eugene!” the boys laughed.

  “Definitely, VIXX never fail to cheer me up with their music,” she nodded. “Okay then, I guess I should get going.”

  “Yeah you should. You look really exhausted,” Ken said.

  “N oppa,” she called out.

  “Yeah?” he looked at her.

  “I’m really sorry for what happened to Hongbin. And yeah, before I go, there’s something I need to share with you guys,” she informed.

  “What is it?” N asked.

  “When this happens again, because I bet it will. I’ll take care of it alone with my own company people. I need your help to keep Hongbin out of this quietly and make sure he doesn’t notice it too. I realized he’s quite protective and stubborn. Please do me a favour. Your image to the whole world is important,” she pointed out.

  “Of course we can do that for you. Besides, we’re gonna have overseas schedule soon,” N said.

  “Really? Where are you going?” Eugene asked.

  “Japan, Mexico and Singapore, but we haven’t announced it yet,” N said.

  “Oh great! I have mine too. Well, not work but more to a scheduled holiday,” Eugene said.

  “Where are you going?” Ken asked.

  “I’m going to Japan and Italy. I’m leaving next week to Italy,” she said.

  “And you’re telling us now?” Ken gasped.

  “Hongbin doesn’t know about this right?” N asked.

  “No… you’re the first one I’m telling,” she admitted.

  “Are you planning to tell him?” Ravi asked.

  “Yeah… about a day before I leave,” she said. “Keep it a secret will you?”

  “Sure, no problem,” they smiled

  “Then… I’ll take my leave now. Goodnight,” she bowed.

They bowed back and she headed out. When she reached the main gate, she saw Leo and Hongbin strolling in. She stopped walking and looked at Hongbin uncomfortably. She greeted and bowed to Leo.

  “Oh Eugene- ah, you came back?” Leo asked.

  “Yeah… I came back just to listen on Alive. It sounds great though,” she smiled at Leo.

  “Really? That’s good to hear,” he smiled back.

  “Hyung, why don’t you head back in first? I’ll join the rest later,” Hongbin said.

  “Sure, anything happens, just take it slow and easy,” Leo patted his back and went in after bowing to Eugene.

  “I’ll get going first, it’s already late,” Eugene said and walked away.

  “But I haven’t said a word,” Hongbin responded which made her stop from walking.

  “What has gone into you? Do you know how to mind your own business? I know it’s my fault to bring up my business to you and that you felt like you should be involved in it. Fine, it’s my fault. I’m really sorry,” she ranted.

  “Then stop saying sorry, because I’m already satisfied with your apology. I’m just here to ask whether you’re feeling alright,” he said making her feel so guilty.

Great, now you’re making me look like the bad guy.

  “I’m fine, thank you. And you… don’t train yourselves too hard. Your body needs sufficient rest,” she pointed out. “Is your cheek alright?”

When Eugene asked him that, he stood closer and held her hand. He placed her hand on his injured cheek.

  “Of course, its fine,” he smiled.

  “Don’t smile,” she said.

  “Why?” he asked.

  “It’s scary,” she admitted and let go of his cheek.

  “Then don’t make me feel disappointed again okay? You have not witness the scariest side of me yet… and I really don’t want to show you a glimpse of it too,” he said and she sighed.

  “Okay…” she lied. “Oppa, I really have to go. Secretary Kim is waiting for me.”

Did she just call me oppa? 

  “Sure… I’ll see you next week then. I’m getting quite busy this week and I don’t think we have time to see each other,” Hongbin frowned.

  “Oh? Then, this is bad… I’ll be very busy the whole of next week, from Monday to Sunday,” she hinted.

  “Aw… busy with?” he asked.

  “Work of course,” she lied again.

  “It’s okay then. We can still keep in touch with each other,” he suggested.

  “Huh? Yeah… of course! So um… are back to being normal?” she asked.

  “Yes we are. Let’s try to avoid these arguments in the future okay?” he pinched her cheeks.

  “Okay,” she winced.

  “Oh, sorry, was that too hard?” he let go of her cheek.

  “Oh no, it didn’t hurt that much,” she pouted.

  “Then… I’ll get going first,” she bid her goodbye.

 He nodded and waved his hand. Before Eugene could really leave him behind, she rushed to him and gave a very tight hug.

  “I’ll miss you oppa,” she said.

  “I’ll miss you too,” he returned the hug.

I’m doing this for your sake Hongbin… I’m really sorry. I just couldn’t bear having the thought of losing you.


This story will be on hold for a while, 'cause I'm really on writer's block. The idea of me trying to link back the idea of him gaining back his memories is very vague so I'm trying to break it into smaller plots. I'm also doing some research on VIXX's music because I tend to create plots using the meaning behind their lyrics. It's really not easy because I'm really putting a lot of effort in this. I have to do a lot of research here and there you see. But nevertheless, I won't make you wait for a long time, I'll update whenever I can! If any of you want to recommend me any plots, please go ahead! I need them so much >< Your support is very much appreciated!