Hysterical Amnesia

A Fear To Overcome

  “So, what did the doctor said about Hongbin?” Ken asked once everyone has settled in on a round table.

  “The doctor suspected that he has severe amnesia,” N sighed as he buried his face in his palms.

  “What?” the rest reacted.

  “This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have shouted at him over the phone,” he sighed.

  “If only I could be a little bit more patient, this shouldn’t have happened,” he continued.

  “Don’t blame it all to yourself hyung,” Hyuk said.

There was a moment of silence. The atmosphere was tensed and everyone just didn’t know what to do. Then N received a text message from Ravi.

 From: Ravi

  Hyung, the doctor’s bringing Hongbin for a brain scan.

From: N

  Oh, I forgot to tell you about that. Let the doctor do his job, and let him inform you about Hongbin’s condition.  

From: Ravi

  Alright sure. Is everything okay down there?

From: N

  Yeah, just a little bit tensed.

From: Ravi

  Don’t be too stressed about him. He’ll be just fine, he just needs some time to recover.

From: N

  Sure, I’ll get back with you later alright?

From: Ravi

  Okay hyung.

  “How about this,” Leo broke the silence.

  “We’ll just be around him comfortably and we practice as per normal- without him of course,” he suggested.

  “And while we’re practising, we’ll make him watch us?” Hyuk asked and Leo nodded.

  “From there, we can train him from the start,” Leo continued.

  “Good idea, but we got to make it slow. If we just tell him to do this and that at the same time, he’ll be confused,” N acknowledged.

~~~ Meanwhile~~~

When she hung up the phone, she went into Hongbin’s room only to find Ravi in.

  “Where did oppa go?” she asked looking around.

  “He needs to go for a brain scan,” Ravi said. “Shouldn’t you be heading home or something?”

  “Why would I? An interesting chapter just entered my life you think I’m just gonna leave like that?” she asked.

  “You. Are you a sasaeng?” Ravi stared at her.

  "Well, that’s offensive. You know that?” she looked back at him.

  “No, I’m not,” she said looking away.

  “If you think that I’m that fan who would date him if she got the chance, I guess you’re wrong. ‘Cause I don’t like him in that manner,” she voiced out.

  “I didn’t know you’re this kind of person Ravi,” she said disappointedly.

  “Look, I’m just a little bit on edge ever since the last 2 days,” he sighed.

  “Well, let’s just give him some time. It’s a good thing he’s a celebrity. You can just type his name on the internet and videos, pictures and even music will appear. From there you can tell him that he was this kind of person before the accident happened,” she said maturely.

Just then, Hongbin entered the room with an accompany of a nurse and his doctor.

  “May I speak to any of you privately?” the doctor asked.

  “You go, I’ll stay with him,” she said assuring.

  “Sure, I’ll be right back,” he said smiling.

Ravi and the doctor walked into his office and placed Hongbin’s brain scan on a lighted pan on the wall.

  "It’s been confirmed that Hongbin has been suffering from a traumatic amnesia. This might due to the fact that he has knocked his head hard onto something. Fortunately, this is a common case for patients who have been into an accident,” the doctor read out from the clipboard he was holding on and Ravi nodded.

  “The bad news is the reason why he couldn’t remember himself because he is also suffering from hysterical amnesia. Not only his past that has he forgotten, but his very identity as well. He wouldn’t recognize himself if you put him in front of a mirror. To him, the person on the mirror is not him but a stranger. All the details in his wallet would be meaningless for him. But looking on the bright side, his memory would come back slowly or suddenly within a few days,” the doctor smiled gently and Ravi sighed in relief.

  “I’ll take note of that and thank you doctor. It happened so unexpectedly that we didn’t know how to react,” he said.

  “Well, I said this to your leader and manager earlier. If you believe in hope, everything would be possible,” he said.

  “These are some medications for him. His memories won’t come back to him peacefully. It would usually give him a strong trigger on his brain and he would definitely feel a lot of pain in the progress. So if it happens, tell him to take these 2 pills once. And only take them when he’s in pain, other than that, don’t. If he’s coping well tonight, he’s allowed to be discharged tomorrow,” he continued placing the medications on the table.

  “Alright sure. Once again, thank you doctor,” he stood up and offered his hand for a hand shake.

The doctor stood up and accepted the hand shake, but he held him back.

  “But before you go, can I have your autograph? My daughter is a big fan of VIXX, especially you” he chuckled.

  “Oh definitely,” he took the paper and marker that the doctor has provided and gave an autograph.

  “Here you go,” he said smiling.

  “Thank you,” the doctor thanked him.