It might be her

A Fear To Overcome

“So, have you found the culprit?” Eunbin asked.

  “Not yet eonni,” Eugene shook her head.

  “It’s okay, one day we’ll find him,” Eunbin smiled.

  “It’s weird that the media is not making any single news about his injury,” Eugene cornered her lips.

  “Because I told the company to take care of that,” Eunbin winked.

  “By any chance… is there anyone that has a grudge on oppa maybe?” Eugene popped the question.

Eugene’s question made Eunbin think back about his past again.

  “Well, there is someone, but she kinda disappeared ever since VIXX’s debut,” Eunbin informed.

  “I see… what… relation does she have with oppa?” Eugene asked.

  “She was her ex- girlfriend. Why… do you ask?” Eunbin asked.

  “I’m just trying to find out who the culprit is… I’m not trying to say that no one from my side is the culprit, is just that, my dad and I are in good terms with everyone. And I see no reason why they have to see us like this,” Eugene said.

  “I see… Well, the girl we were talking about before, like I said, was Hongbin’s very last girlfriend before he joined in the company,” Eunbin explained. “She dumped him behind because she was done making use of him.”

  “Making use of him? What was that supposed to mean?” Eugene started to get her blood boiling.

  “My brother was quite popular in his school days and you know, he got in love and in the end he got himself a girlfriend. But what he cannot see was; she was making use of him for fame in school. And when Hongbin started to lose fame in school- which he doesn’t mind, she let go of him,” Eunbin said.

  “How stupid is that… And does he love her when they were in a relationship?” Eugene asked.

  “Of course he does! But when they broke up, he got really broken and then I remembered him coming into my room and said that, he’s gonna work really hard and be successful. At the same time, he wants to make her feel regretful after letting him go,” Eunbin continued.

  “Wow…” Eugene acknowledged.

  “When the news of him getting accepted in Jellyfish spreads around the school, she came back looking for him,” Eunbin concluded.

  “By any chance, do you know her name?” Eugene asked.

  “I think… as far as I can remember… her name was Shin Hyesoo,” Eunbin said.

  “I see… well there’s no way Hongbin still remembers her now right? I mean…” Eugene trailed off.

  “We might not know Eugene. We never know,” Eunbin said.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

  “Has Eugene been good so far?” Hongbin asked.

  “She’s… she’s good. Is just that she’s quite busy finding who the culprit is,” Kim said while keeping his eyes on the road.

  “I see… I’ve been so busy with my schedule, I can’t even ask how she was doing,” Hongbin sighed.

  “It’s okay, she’s an understanding person you know,” Kim smiled.

  “How long have you known Eugene?” Hongbin asked.

  “Erm… about 3 years?” Kim said.

  “I see… is this like the only car you drove her around? I mean… isn’t there a formal car?” Hongbin asked.

  “Of course there is, but we used that only when… you know, she has formal meetings to attend to,” Kim said.

  “So, are you her secretary or her dad’s secretary?” Hongbin asked.

  “I’m her secretary. Is just that whenever her dad needs my help, I’ll help him,” Kim responded.

Then there was silence. It wasn’t an awkward one, but rather a comfortable on.

  “Take really good care of Eugene alright?” Kim broke the silence.

  “I’m sorry?” Hongbin begged his pardon.

  “Take really good care of Eugene,” Kim repeated. “She has no friends these days you see. Soohyun used to be her close friend but now they gradually grew apart because you know, he has a business and a family to take care of.”

  “He’s married?” Hongbin asked.

  “Yeap, it has been 2 years already,” Kim said.

  “I see. Well of course I’ll take good care of her,”Hongbin assured.

  “Do me a favour alright?” Kim smiled.

Hongbin nodded and soon they arrived at Jellyfish Entertainment building.

  “Thanks for drive Secretary Kim,” Hongbin coolly thanked him.

  “You’re welcome! Don’t forget what I said earlier, if it’s too much to handle, you can take five,” Kim reminded.

  “Alright sure! See you around!” Hongbin bid his goodbye and rushed into the building.  

Kim then drove back to the café and found the two ladies still talking to each other.

  “Eonni, there’s something I need you to know,” Eugene said.

  “What is it?” Eunbin asked.

  “I’m going to Italy in 2 days’ time and I’ll be there for about a week. VIXX knew about this, well except for him. I don’t want to let him know especially after the incident, but if he ever asked you about my presence, you can let him know,” Eugene said.

  “Oh I see… What do you have in Italy?” Eunbin asked.

  “It was a scheduled holiday and I don’t want to miss it. Besides, I think I’ll take this chance to clear up my mind and come back fresh,” Eugene explained.

  “Okay sure!” she acknowledged.

  “Aren’t you working these days?” Eugene asked.

  “Nah, I took time off once in a while to check on Hongbin,” she smiled and she looked exactly like him, is just that her face is way more elegant.

  “You know what, you’re really pretty,” Eugene admitted.

  “Haha aww~! You too!” she complimented.

  “Erm… I have to get going. I have yet to pack my bag you see,” Eugene chuckled.

  “Haha sure! I’ll see you around then!” Eunbin said and Eugene waved her hand.