Hongbin has been acting weird

A Fear To Overcome

A week has passed and everyone has been living their lives as per normal. Just as Eugene was blasting music in her hotel room, she received a call from the reception. She lowered down the volume and picked it up.

  “Yes? This is Eugene speaking,” she greeted.

  “Miss Eugene, this is Julia from the reception. I would like to inform you that you’re expecting a guest at the moment. Would you like me to bring him up?” she requested politely.

  “May I know who he is?” she wondered.

  “It is Ravi from VIXX,” she responded professionally.

  “Oh Ravi… sure. Do you mind escorting him up?” she asked.

  “Not a problem, Miss,” and with that she hung up the call.

Why would Ravi be here? I remembered telling Hongbin; and only him about my identity… she thought to herself. She switched off her music and went to a wall- mounted table, making a cup of tea for the guest. Why would Ravi be here? Did something happen to oppa? What could it be… she pondered. Later, her thoughts were interrupted by a doorbell.

  “Coming!” she walk briskly to the door.

 As she opened the door, she was welcomed with a courteous smile from Julia but the other way round for Ravi, he seems to have a problem to share. Julia excused herself and went back to work.

  “Come in,” she motioned him in.

For a brief minute, he looked around wide eyed. Bright- coloured wooden walls decorated with simple yet attractive artworks, and full pane window- that was just a living room.

  “Woah… this is where you live?” awed Ravi.

  “Yes,” she simply responded. “What brings you here?” she popped the question.

  “It’s about Hongbin,” he sighed heavily.

  “What about him?” she asked worriedly. “Have a sit by the way,” she said as she served him the tea that she prepared earlier.

  “Oh thanks,” he thanked her. “He’s been acting weird ever since the last 2 days. He has been looking for you, I mean- he insisted, but our manager didn’t allowed him,” he explained.

  “Okay… so tell me about it,” she carried on.

  “We were having a break in our practice room so Hyuk decided to show us something that one of our fans has made- it was a remix version of Error by Areira. When he started playing the song, Hongbin’s facial expression stiffened. As the first 2 verse got along, he started to breath heavily and when the chorus came in, he was covering his ears like it was some screeching sound,” he described. “And the next we heard was ‘Switch it off!’ Ever since that, he has this fear to enter the practice room,” he concluded.

  “Did he take any medication when that happened?” she questioned.

  “Yeah, luckily the pain subsided quickly for him,” he sighed again. “The reason that I’m here is, can you come over to our place and somehow calm Hongbin?” he requested.

  “Oh, of course! Why shouldn’t I? Let’s hurry, I have a feeling things are about to go bad now,” she said and felt her heart racing.

The two hurried down to the car and Ravi drove towards the company, going against all the speed limits. Running straight to the practice room, Eugene overheard a conversation between Hongbin and the rest.

  “Why are you putting me in this prison?” he asked quietly filled with rage.

The atmosphere in the room was so tensed that a single drop of a pin could make them explode.

  “This is your workplace Hongbin. This is where you make your dreams come true,” N responded coolly.

  “Dreams? I should say nightmare. What kind of work is this? Pleasing the eyes of people out there and fulfilling their hearts with one sided love,” he spat.

  “Lee Hongbin! Don’t you dare say that!” Eugene barged into the room.  

  “I didn’t have much things to do in the group either! All I do is being the group’s flower boy. I barely had 10 seconds of singing time in a song and you call me a singer? Everyone can do that! Just hire another flower boy and name him Lee Hongbin. Nobody’s gonna realize that he’s me, because he only had 10 seconds in a song, other than that, his lines are always repeated,” he ranted.

Just as N was about to step forward, Eugene stopped him.

  “I’ll handle him, you guys continue with your practice,” she demanded.

  “Who are you to boss me around? He is my member, I’ll handle him,” he sneered.

  “Please, for now, focus on your practice. For VIXX’s sake,” she pleaded while looking at him and N stepped backwards.

She stomped towards Hongbin and grasped his arm, dragging him out.

  “Let go of me!” he yelled.

Without hesitation, she grabbed his shirt’s collar and pulled towards her.

  “One more word from you and I’ll make you mute,” she glared at him.

As she was glaring right up at him, she saw something in his eyes. Something that doesn’t belong to him, but someone else’s. You’re not him. You’re someone else. Just then, she placed two fingers- her index finger and middle finger together, on his neck.

  “What are you…” Eugene added a very small pressure on one of his nerve and he knocked out.

She quickly caught Hongbin from falling further down and the rest helped her to lay him on the floor.

  “What did you do to him?” Ken questioned.

  “There’s nothing to worry. Give him 15 minutes and he’ll wake up,” she assured.

  “Why did you do it?” Leo changed the question.

  “He wasn’t being himself. He was too overwhelmed with his own anger and fear. Sometimes when you’re too angry, too busy playing along with those negative thoughts, you don’t even know what you’re doing. That’s why sometimes you got to knock yourself off and come to your right senses. If you can’t do it yourself, get someone else to do it,” she explained.

  “So you’re trying to say that he was being negative to himself?” Leo asked.

  “Well it could be. If he turns positive the moment he wakes up, then it could have been that,” she smiled faintly.

Then Ravi and N excused themselves.

  "She's so mysterious. Don't you think Hongbin and her are keeping things away from us?" N whispered to Ravi.

  "I'm not so sure hyung. What Hongbin said about finding her in Park Hyatt Hotel, it was true! She lives there," Ravi whispered back.