One Cut, Millions of Broken Hearts

A Fear To Overcome

VIXX Chat room

From: Ravi

  Hongbin-ah, can you come down to the company with Eugene today?

From: Hongbin

  Why?

From: Ravi

  Don’t you want to show her the completed song?

From: Hongbin

  Ah… you mean the Alive song? Alright sure! But we’ll reach there around late evening?

From: Ravi

  Okie~

From: Hyuk

  Hongbin hyung, where have you been?

From: Hongbin

I went for a short getaway with Eugene. Why? Miss me already? 

From: Hyuk

  Wah! Where is that place? Did Eugene capture that?

From: Hongbin;

  Yup! I’m somewhere around this place called Moorim School? Yeah, I’ll bring you here sometime :)

From: Hyuk

  Did you capture her pictures? Can I see some?

From: Hongbin

From: Hyuk

  Wow, this is just wow. Hyung! Don’t forget to bring me along if you wanna go for a photo shoot session okay?

From: Hongbin

  Haha! Okie, I’ll get going first alright? I’m getting busy now.

From: Hyuk

  Okie~ See you later!

~~~

  “Shall we start practicing already?” Eugene asked.

  “Okie, let’s go!” he agreed and they headed to the hall.

Eugene took 2 pairs of short bamboo sticks and gave a pair to Hongbin.

  “We did a lot of practice yesterday so let’s see where you stand now. If you want to be trained professionally then make sure you fight professionally too. Now, I am not someone who is related to you. So treat me like I’m your real opponent, understand?” she coached.

  “Are you trying to say I shouldn’t go easy on you?” he asked.

  “Yes, because I won’t and keep that in mind,” she said.

The two started clashing each other with the sticks and Eugene studied how he attacked her. Every time he tried to attack her, she dodged it well and took the advantage to whack him back. He fell on his back and whimpered.

  “Don’t go easy on me Hongbin!” Eugene demanded.

Glaring back at her, he charged towards her and attacked her with all his might. Slowly, Eugene started to lose her stamina and she gotten a bit weaker. Showing her opponent her weakness, Hongbin took the advantage to whack her straight on her left shoulder. She let go of her weapons and whimpered slightly.

  “Okay. Let’s call it a day,” she surrendered.

  “Are you okay? I didn’t mean to hit you hard,” he said while helping her to get up.

  “I’m fine, your skills were impressive,” she said. “At first you were going easy on me and when I told you not to, you charged towards me. Not bad.”

  “Let’s get you aided. Come on,” he said and they headed to the room.

Hongbin took out a first aid box that was hung by the door and got the plasters out. Eugene pulled down her clothes only to reveal her injured shoulder. Naturally Hongbin pasted the plaster gently.

  “Lee Hongbin…” she called.

  “Yeah? Does it hurt?” he asked.

  “No, it’s not that but just now when you were attacking me, I found your weakness,” she said and Hongbin did a final touch on her shoulder.

  “What is it?” he asked.

  “You’re too ambitious and you can’t control your power,” she informed.

  “Really?” he smirked. “I found yours too.”

  “What?” she pulled up her clothes and covered her shoulder.

  “You lack flexibility and stamina,” he said.

  “Oh~ I’ll take note of that,” she nodded.

  “By the way, Ravi wants me to bring you back to the company because he completed composing the song that you gave him,” he said.

  “Really?! You must’ve heard the final draft. How was it like?” she asked eagerly.

  “It sounds more like an action song,” he said. “And I like it!”

  “Okay then let’s go! I want hear it too!” she exclaimed and took her bag.

The two headed downstairs and Eugene divert her direction to the armoury room. She grabbed and extendable telescopic baton and passed it to him.

  “Here take this,” she said. “For now, this is yours; keep it in your pocket.”

  “What is this for?” he asked.

  “This will be your weapon, and you are only allowed to use it for self-defence. Nothing else. If I or anybody catches you using this for other reasons, I will take action. If you handled this wrongly, you can cause death of someone. Understand?” she warned.

  “Yes,” he nodded. “But… how do you get these weapons? By any chance are you working for… dark companies as well?”

  “I don’t work for them, I go against them,” she corrected him.

  “Let’s go, Ravi would be waiting for us,” she said and went out.

Just as she was about to sit at the driver’s seat, Hongbin held her back.

  “I’ll drive,” he volunteered.

She smiled slightly and went to the other side of the car. She sat in and sighed. Can I trust him in this? Should I really let him be involved in my situation? One small cut on his face and a millions of hearts will be broken. No, I don’t think I’ll be allowing him to be involved.

  “Why are you thinking so deeply?” Hongbin asked.

  “Huh? Oh… is just that I was thinking whether or not, to get you involved in my situation,” she said.

  “Why? Didn’t we sort this out yesterday?” he said.

  “I know… but thinking about it, if one small cut lands on your face, millions of hearts will be broken,” she pointed out.

  “If you’re planning to stop me from protecting you, go ahead. Because one way or another, I’m not giving up on you,” he concluded and stepped on the accelerator.

Sooner or later, they headed the main road and two hadn’t said a word ever since then.

  “If something happens to me, I’ll take control of it. I know you’re worried about us, but I’m really not letting you go. Don’t forget about that,” he broke the silence.

She sighed. He’s quite protective.

Just then, a black car started tail gating Eugene’s car.

  “I think we got company,” Hongbin informed.

  “Lead them to somewhere we can settle them quietly,” she said calmly.

Hongbin sped up and lead them to some abandoned building.

  “You know your skills and you got your weapon. Now, it’s time to put it into action,” she informed.

  “Aren’t these your dad’s people?” Hongbin asked.

  “They could be. But just knocked them out if you can, I’m tired of all this,” she said and went out.

She had her telescopic baton in her pocket and went closer to men.

  “Let’s do this quick and get over it okay? I’m not in a good mood today,” she cracked her fingers.

Before a man could punch Eugene across her face, she flew a high kick right into his stomach vigorously. He wheezed in pain and fell to the ground allowing her to punch him right across his face hard. It was just when Eugene realized that his nose started bleeding and that another man was charging towards her. She quickly drew out her baton and swung it across his neck. Before he knew it, he had lost his consciousness and his temporarily lifeless body fell on the ground before her. Both her opponents were knocked out easily. She looked at Hongbin and found him busy throwing punches at a man.

After throwing a lot of punches towards his opponent, Hongbin kicked his stomach vigorously in one blow. Speed is nothing if you don’t know how to knock them out in one blow. His opponent staggered back and fell on the ground. Hongbin quickly took out his baton and gave him one hard whack across his head. Unaware of what was happening behind him, he turned around naturally and got whacked hard on his injured shoulder by another opponent. He fell on the ground and curled up his body whimpering on the ground. No Hongbin! That’s not how you do it! You’re showing your weakness to your opponent! He stood up and charged towards him. But it was no use, by the time Hongbin wanted to whack him off hard on the neck, the man drew out a pocket knife and slashed across Hongbin’s face. Shocked with what his opponent had done to him, he let go of his baton and touched his bleeding cheek. Couldn’t stand watching Hongbin getting injured, Eugene whacked the opponent’s head with her baton from behind. Now all of their opponents were knocked out. Leaving the lifeless opponents behind, they went in the car. Eugene decided to drive so she hit the main road quick. Realizing the Eugene was heading somewhere and not the company, he asked her where they were heading to.

  “Let’s get you treated at the hospital,” she said.

  “No, bring me straight to the company. I just left the hospital like 2 months ago and I’m heading there again with another injury,” he demanded.

  “What?” she felt taken aback.

  “Bring. Me. Back. To the company,” he said it final.

She sighed and diverted her direction towards the company. By then they arrived, Hongbin’s cheek was covered with dripping blood. They headed straight to the studio and everyone was shocked to see both Eugene and Hongbin badly injured.

  “Hongbin- ah! Eugene- ah!” the rest exclaimed.


Hey guys! So um... as you realized, I'm slowling adding Moorim cut scenes into the story line.Is just that, I'm adding in my twists here and there XD If you guys are wondering whether I'm side tracking the story, I'm not. I'm trying to create memories for both Eugene and Hongbin so that when in the future, when Hongbin is reminded of something, he will think back about the times he had with Eugene. What do you guys think about the kiss scene? Haha, I thought that could be one of the highlights soon. Do comment! Cuz I love reading them and uh yeah... I'm really brain storming about the next few chapters. Much love guys~!