Heiress of Park Hyatt Hotel

A Fear To Overcome

As they were waiting for Hongbin to wake up, everyone naturally sat in a circle away from him. The boys looked at each other as though they wanted to start a topic but didn’t know where to start.

  “Eugene- ah, can we ask you something?” Hyuk cleared his throat.

  “Sure,” she nodded.

  “Hongbin hyung has been trying to look for you at … Park Hyatt Hotel. By any chance, do you work there?” he cornered his lips.

  “Yes, I work there; sometimes. When the boss needs my help, I’ll go. If I receive no calls from him, I’m free,” she responded.

  “Then, where do you live?” N asked.

  “I…” she sighed. “I live there as well,” she admitted.

  “What? Are you serious?” Ken’s eyes widened.

  “Yes, I told Hongbin this when he was in the hospital. My dad runs Park Hyatt Hotel- in Seoul and Busan,” she repeated.

  “That means… you’re the heiress of Park Hyatt,” Ken gasped.

  “You can say that. But I’m not comfortable about having that title in me. Just being the heiress of a certain company, your big boss- or should I say my dad, he expects a lot from me. And I don’t like that,” she shook her head.

  “But then, you have nothing to worry. Because sooner or later you have everything in your hands! How cool is that!” Hyuk awed.

  “That is what I’m worrying Hyuk,” she pointed out. “Money don’t brings you power. It brings you greed. When you’re blinded by greed, you won’t be able to work properly,” she mentioned.

Just then they heard a groan. They looked at Hongbin, having to find him waken up. As he naturally scanned around the room, his eyes fall onto Eugene.

  “Oh? Jeong Eugene! You’re here!” he smiled widely.

  “Hongbin-ah, you’re awake!” she exclaimed.

She quickly turned her face facing the boys and zipped her lips. Whatever I told you before, keep it to yourself, she mouthed.

  “Hongbin-ah?” he asked. “You used to call me oppa,” he said while sitting beside her, joining the circle.

  “Let me call you by your name now okay?” she convinced.

  “But I don’t want you to,” he stick out his tongue. “So, what were you guys talking about?” he looked at the rest.

  “Oh nothing, Eugene was asking what coffee we want,” Ken’s eyes widened just realizing what he just said.

  “Oh haha! Yeah… so, what do you guys want?” she played along.

  “How about we’ll head to a cafeteria together?” Hyuk suggested.

  “Don’t you guys have anything later on?” Eugene asked.

  “Nah… we’re actually on break,” N said.

  “Aw… that means it would take quite some time for your next comeback,” she pouted.

  “Are you a starlight?” Hyuk asked.

  “The brightest starlight,” she smiled.

  “Yeap, she’s my brightest starlight angel,” he emphasized as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

  “Ugh… please! Stop that,” she cringed. “I didn’t know you could be this cheesy,” she frowned.

Everyone chuckled at the two.

  “We’ll go get changed and uh… do you wanna wait here?” N asked Eugene.

  “I’ll wait here,” she smiled.  

As the boys went out to change, Ken stayed back for awhile.

  "Are you not going to get changed?" she asked.

  "I'm sorry for blurting out about the coffee thingy," he apologized.

  "Ah that... Nah, it's nothing," she said calmly.

  "Really sorry," he repeated.

  "It's okay, Ken. It's really nothing. Now go and get changed," she laughed slightly.

  "Okay... Thanks Eugene!" he said and ran out.

She smiled looking at the goofy Ken and went to a corner of the room. She saw a plug that could connect the speakers to her phone, plugged it in and switched on the song that she was listening to before- I like by Hyuna. As soon Flowsik started singing, she swayed her body to the rhythm, and then she started singing along. When the first chorus was over, Ravi came into the room and rapped Flowsik’s part. Ken, N and Hyuk came in by the second chorus and they just watched Ravi and Eugene collaborating. By the time it was Flowsik’s rapping part, Ravi took over and Leo and Hongbin joined the rest.

  “What you gonna do boy, you know I’m ready. Hanmadimyeon dwae Yes, I’m your lady,” she finished off with a wink towards Ravi and he laughed.

Hongbin who has been watching from far, felt slightly jealous over the situation. Everyone cheered while she took her phone from the corner.

  “I didn’t know you can sing and rap well,” Ravi complimented her.

  “So do I” she chuckled. “Thank you by the way.”

Everyone headed downstairs and Hongbin walked beside Eugene.

  “Eugene- ah,” he nudged her shoulder.

  “Yes?” she responded.

  “Next time, can you wink at me and only me?” he asked blinking.

  “Haha, why did you ask that? Ah… were you jealous when I blink at Ravi?” she teased me.

  “Who said I was jealous?” he said avoiding her eye contact.

 Then, she called out for Ravi and blinked towards him and Ravi winked back.

  “Yah! Are you still going to do this?” he asked.

  “Fine~ I will only wink at you okay?” she winked. “Satisfied now?” she smiled and walked away.

He stopped for a moment and stared into blank space. Wow… she’s really pretty, he told himself.