Kiss

A Fear To Overcome

After placing his clothes in his drawer and unpacking his things, Hongbin opened the door and peeked out. Looking left and right, the corridor was clear. He made his way downstairs and wandered around. Gosh, this school is big. I wonder where the kitchen is… He looked around and finally he found the kitchen. He went in and went straight to the fridge. Eggs, onion, rice, ketchup, salt, pepper, garlic and chicken. Great, I have all the ingredients needed for Omurice.

He started cooking the rice and left it to be cooked. He took all the ingredients out from the fridge and started chopping the carrot, onion and garlic into small pieces. He then took out another chopping board and knife for the chicken. He shredded it into bite pieces and put into one side. He cracked 2 eggs and beat them in a small bowl, once done he put it aside. He took a few teaspoons of cooking oil, heated it up on a frying them and started stir frying the ingredients one by one. Once he seasoned it enough- adding tye salt and pepper, he added in the freshly cooked rice and started stirring it again until every single grain of rice was seasoned. He then took out a flat frying pan and started frying omelette. When he's done, he placed the rice on omelette and folded it. Then, he took a plate and covered it and flipped the frying pan together with the plate. Lastly, he drew a heart shape on the omelette.

He rushed back to his room and found out that Eugene was still showering. Why is she taking so long to shower? Tsk tsk tsk girls... He took out a post it from his bag and wrote, 'Meet me at the dining area when you're ready.' Finally, he took his towel and a new pair of clothes and head towards the shower room.

Strolling her way out of her shower room, she head back to their room and found a post it on her bed. She wrapped the towel around her neck and read the post it. Looking around trying to wonder what was happening, she took out her diary and placed pasted the post it in. She slowly made her way down and saw Hongbin waiting for her at the door.

  "What took you so long to shower?" he asked.

  "I was washing myself thoroughly," she said. "What's going on?"

He smiled and dragged her into the dining room.

  "I bet you're hungry, so I made for you Omurice," he said while making her sit.

  "Aw~ you're so sweet," she covered .

The two sat down facing each other and Eugene gave it a taste.

  "Oh~ It's appetizing!" she exclaimed.

  "Really?" he asked while giving himself a taste too.

He nodded and enjoyed the taste.

  “Actually to be honest, this is the only food that I’m good at cooking,” Hongbin admitted.

  “Haha really?” she laughed.

  “Yeah! If the boys want to eat Omurice, you know who they’ll look for,” he chuckled.

 They both finished their food and headed outside.

  “By any chance, does this place have wine or something?” Hongbin asked.

  “Yeah, we do have some. You wanna drink again?” she asked.

  “Yeah, can we have a glass?” he suggested.

She nodded and head back to the mini wine cellar and took a bottle. She took 2 glasses and went back to Hongbin.

  “Here you go,” she handed a glass to him.

He took his glass from her and popped open the wine bottle. He poured for her some and himself too.

  “Can I say something?” Eugene asked.

  “What is it?” he took a sip.

  “You’re quite weird today,” she said.

  “Weird? In what way?” he asked.

  “You wanted to go out for a short getaway, and then when I trained you just now, your eyes looked very determined. And the way you show your love to me, is like… you’re afraid someone would take me away from you,” she explained. “Is everything alright?”

  “Ah… that… sometimes I just want to live as an ordinary person and not an idol you see. When you’re a celebrity, everyone is watching you, and when you made a mistake or whatsoever, it’s going to be announced in media,” he sighed. “I just want to spend my time with you like any other man and I just want to have my time alone.”

  “I see… take it slow, you’re still adapting,” she advised.

Hongbin just looked at her and slowly she felt uneasy.

  “Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked.

  “Nothing, I was just telling myself that I am really grateful to have you in my life,” he curled his lips. “One point you’re like my best friend and another point, you’re like my lover.”

  “I’m grateful too,” she said.

  “I heard it’s quite tough to find someone who’s smart, tough, cool and pretty,” he said. “But whenever I see you, I feel proud. You’re cool, smart, tough and…”

  “Why did you stop? Are you trying to say I’m not pretty?” she pouted.

  “You’re pretty too,” he smiled.

She poured herself a little bit more and she gulped it down.

  “I’m gonna stop here for today,” she said while putting the glass on the table.

  “Awww why?” he childishly asked.

  “I’m not like you- who can consume so much alcohol and not be drunken by it,” she said. “I’ll have some fresh air outside alright?”

  “Bring me along!” he exclaimed and the two head out.

The weather was comfortably cold and the atmosphere was so peaceful. The two strolled around the school hand in hand, appreciating each other’s presence.

  “Hongbin- ah, stand in attention,” she said.

  “Huh?” he looked at her confused.

  “Attention,” she repeated and just stared at him.

  “Why? Why are you looking at me like that?” he asked.

  “Do you like me?” she asked.

  “I love you,” he corrected.

  “How much do you love me then?” she asked.

  “As much as I can possibly give you,” he said. “Why?”

She gently cupped his face with her two hands.

  “Why... are you looking at me like... that?” he asked.

She slowly leaned closer to him and pecked on his soft lips. Though it was a soft peck, she could taste his sweet lips just like wine. Hongbin froze and tried to process what had happened so quickly.

  “I love you as much I could possibly give you too,” she smiled and walked away.  

He quickly walked towards her and held her back.

  “I didn’t catch what you just did to me. Can you… do that again?” he asked with his deep while looking at her deep in her eyes.

  “Make sure you catch it this time,” she smiled and cupped his face.

She closed her eyes and gave him another peck on his lips. But just as she was about to pull back from the peck, Hongbin placed his hands behind her back and pulled her closer to him. He then supported her neck with another hand and he slowly pressed his lips against her. She slowly pulled back her hands from his face, still keeping their lips in touch. At first, Eugene was flabbergasted by his response, but sooner or later she felt that… his kiss meant something else. It was more like this was what he has been waiting for. She closed her eyes while keeping still;just letting him kiss her as much as he wants. Then their lips pulled apart with staggered breathing. They looked into each other and had a gentle smile on their faces. Hongbin wrapped his arm around her shoulders and the two headed back to their room.