Is love always this complicated?

A Fear To Overcome

Both Hongbin and Eugene landed on the floor, breathing heavily. Just then, her men came walking in. As she saw them walking in, she excused herself and went into a room.

“What’s the update?” Eugene asked.

“Hyesoo wasn’t alone in the car. She was with a few men,” one of them informed.

“As expected,” she nodded. “Keep your eyes on her. If there’s anything fishy, let me know.”

The boys nodded and they were dismissed. Eugene went down the stairs with her head held up high. Instead of going towards Hongbin, she went straight up to N.

“Can I have a moment with you please?” she asked.

“Sure,” he nodded and they excused themselves.

Hongbin who has been observing from far, felt that something was strange.

“As expected, Hyesoo was bringing some of her men,” Eugene informed.

“I see,” he nodded.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized suddenly.

“What? What for?” N asked.

“I should have avoided Hongbin in the first place. All of these wouldn’t have happened if he isn’t related to me,” she sighed.

“It’s okay Eugene. Maybe there’s a lesson that Hongbin needs to be taught. You know… people don’t enter our lives for no reason. There must be a lesson learnt,” he smiled gently. “Let’s not talk for so long. Hongbin must’ve have suspected something.”

Eugene nodded and went back in the hall. Hongbin walked up towards her and sighed.

“You’re hiding something away from me aren’t you?” he asked.

“What? Nope,” she shook her head.

“Don’t lie to me Eugene. I can tell what you’re up to,” he said.

“It’s nothing oppa. I just received some updates about work. That’s all,” she said calmly.

“You know I wouldn’t be happy if I found out what you guys are up to right?” he said sternly.

“Really? What if it ends up to be a surprise for you? Will you be unhappy either?” she tried to divert his thinking.

He looked confused and stopped asking. Just in case he spoiled the ‘surprise’ plan.

“Shall we have dinner before you head back? I’m sure you’re hungry,” Eugene said and walked away.

“Oppa-deul~ Shall we have Chinese for dinner?” Eugene suggested cheerfully.

“YES PLEASE!” Hyuk came running towards her. “You definitely know our cravings.”

“I’m okay with it,” Leo said with a smile.

“Alright then! I’m gonna get washed and then let’s head to my favourite Chinese restaurant,” she squeaked.

After washing up, Eugene went out from the ladies’ wearing a pink pencil dress with a white jacket over. Just then Hyuk realized her attire.

“Eugene- ah, we’re going to the restaurant right? Why are you wearing something so fancy?” he asked.

“Ah… I have business to do after dinner,” she smiled.

“I see, then we don’t really have to go to the restaurant you know? I mean, we thought you’re free tonight,” he pointed out.

“Nah… I’m in no hurry. I’m just meeting someone later,” she said while brushing off the dust on her dress. “How do I look?”

“Pretty as ever,” Hyuk said shyly.

Naturally they headed back to their meeting point- when Leo came running towards them.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Hyuk asked.

“We have guest Eugene,” Leo panted.

Hearing his tone of voice, Eugene suspected something suspicious. She brisk walked to the hall in her high heels, got her winter jacket and went out to see who the guest is.


“Eugene-ah!” a familiar voice called out.

“Soohyun oppa?” she was puzzled. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to walk around the area. I didn’t know it could be crowded here,” he chuckled while walking up towards her.

“Really? But I was about to meet you later tonight,” she admitted. “Had your dinner yet?”

“Not yet,” he shook his head. “Are you going for dinner?”

“Yeah, we’re planning to have some Chinese dinner. Wanna join us? The more the merrier,” she exclaimed.

“If your guests are okay with it, I don’t a see a problem with it,” he smiled.

The two walked in the building and everyone’s eyes were on Soohyun.

“Guys, I’ll introduce to you Kim Soohyun, my brother- like friend,” she introduced.

“Mr Kim Soohyun? You mean your self-defence trainer?” Ken asked.

“Yes, I’m Kim Soohyun, Jeong Eugene’s self- defence trainer. Nice to meet you all,” Soohyun introduced himself.

“It’s an honour Mr Kim,” N smiled humbly. “Well, we’re going to have our dinner, do you wanna join us?”

“Sure,” Soohyun accepted the offer.

Hongbin has been observing Soohyun and Eugene from afar and he sensed something was fishy. Was he jealous? While everyone decided to head out, Eugene approached Mr Kim.

“I’ll join Soohyun oppa in his car. Can you drive my car?” Eugene requested.

“Not a problem,” he nodded and went out.

Everyone got into their vehicle and they drove out with Soohyun’s car taking the lead, followed by VIXX’s van and Eugene’s car.

*Meanwhile in Soohyun’s car*

“You wanted to see me later tonight?” Soohyun asked.

“Oh… um yeah. There’s something I wanna talk about,” she responded. “It’s about this stalker of Hongbin. She’s planning something weird for the past few days.”

“Really? Is it because of an obsession?” he took a quick glance on Eugene.

“That could be one of the possibilities. I mean, I feel like I’m just being an extra. I know this is a problem between him and her but I’m here interfering,” she spoke her mind out.

“What do you mean? You’re his girlfriend. You have the right to interfere,” he advised.

“I know… but I feel like I’m making things more complicated. She tried tracking him down to Moorim this evening. Luckily I got some help from Mr Kim,” she sighed. “Is love always this complicated?”

The question Eugene asked got Soohyun smiled.

“Whatever it is Eugene, I’ll be here if you need a helping hand,” he gave his word.

“Thank you oppa,” she smiled.