Misunderstand

A Fear To Overcome

After having her shower, she got herself ready to bed. Then, there was a knock on her door. Wondering who it might be, she walked towards it and opened it. A man in black and white stripes t-shirt with short stand before her. His hair was quite messy and he looked pretty decent and stable. Is just that, he reeked of alcohol.

  "Hongbin?" she looked at him. "What brings you here?"

  "Nothing, I thought of having a word with you," he said while leaning against the door frame.

  "Oh okay, come in," she nodded.

He walked in and they both sat in the living room facing the night scenery. 

  "Ooh, so this is your room huh?" he looked around.

She just nodded and followed him around.

  "You reeked of alcohol," Eugene said while fanning her nose.

  "Thanks for reminding, but I'm not drunk," he smirked. "I've brought the rest of tje boys back to their room because they got knocked out."

  "So… what do you wanna tell me?" she asked.

He held her wrist and dragged her to her seat.

  "I've got a part of my memory back," he said smiling.

  "Really? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" she asked.

  "You left me behind in the morning," he reminded.

  "Oh right… I had a promise to fulfill that's why," she cornered her lips. "Does the boys know about it too?"

  "Yeah… you were the last one to find out about it," he admitted.

  "Oh… I see," she nodded.

Then, there was an awkward silence.

  "Um… so do you have plans tomorrow?" Hongbin broke the silence.

  "Yeap, I have blood donation tomorrow. Wanna join?" she asked.

  "Nope. I mean, I can accompany you but donating my blood…no thanks," he faked a laugh.

  "Fine~ Don't you think you need some rest?" she asked.

  "Gosh… it's barely an hour and you're shooing me away? Do you really not like me that much?" he pouted.

  "It's not that Hongbin. I'm just exhausted today," she explained. "Well, if you don't want to sleep first, then I'm going to sleep first."

  "Okay okay. Go and take your rest," Hongbin said.

With that, Eugene wished him good night and got herself ready for bed.

Hongbin on the other hand, was wondering around her living room and then he spotted a picture of her. He looked at it and had a sad smile. What did I do that you're distancing yourself away from? He placed back on the desk and sat on the sofa. Without realizing, he already had his eyes clothes.

The next morning, Eugene was awakened with American breakfast on her dining table. This was unusual for her because she would always make her way downstairs to have her breakfast. Then, someone got out from her washroom. It was none other than Hongbin. He got himself washed and changed.

  "Oh, you're awake," he closed the door.

Her eyes widened and she quickly covered her face.

  "What are you doing here?" Eugene blurted.

  "Ah… I just want to start my day by giving you breakfast," he smiled.

  "Did you like… spend your night here?" she asked.

  "Yeah, you can say that. I didn't have the intention to, but I got my eyes closed on your sofa last night," he said.

  "You are insane," she said.

  "What?" he felt shocked.

  "How could you spent your night here? What will the others think… especially when you had a blast last night," she said.

  "Gosh… why are always trying to shoo me off?" he sat down.

  "No, is not that. Hongbin, you misunderstand me. I was just worried about you," she explained.

  "Worried about what?" he frowned.

  "About people making rumours about you," she said.

  "I've been here for 2 nights and there aren’t any rumours about me," he pointed out.

  "Okay fine… let me go and wash up and I'll have my breakfast," she informed.

Hongbin sighed and nodded.