Moorim School

A Fear To Overcome

The two spent the whole day together and sooner or later, they’ve grow bonded with one another. A week has passed just like that and Eugene has been busy helping her dad out while VIXX has been busy with their usual schedule. It was on a Thursday morning and Eugene started out her day by watching VIXX’s funny videos as per usual. Just then he got a call from Hongbin.

  “Hello?” she said.

  “Eugene- ah, are you free today?” Hongbin asked.

  “Yeah, I am. Why?” she asked.

  “Shall we have a short getaway? I wanna go somewhere far from the city,” he said.

  “Oh okay sure. I’ll pick you up at your company then,” with that she ended the call.

She took her haversack and filled in with a set of clothes, just in case something happens. She took her car keys and went straight down to her car. When she engine up the car, it was full in battery. She switched to comfort mood and started driving. The radio was playing a slow soft music but that was not Eugene’s taste of music. So she switched it into her playlist and dirty bass trap music started playing. She nodded to the beat yet she had her car safely driven. Not long after, she had arrived to her destination and found Hongbin waiting outside. Wearing a black dandy shirt with black jeans and a black cap, he looked hot. He brought along a haversack too. Didn’t he say he wanted to go to the countryside? Why is he all dressed up? Getting familiar with the blue i8, he walked towards it and got the car’s door wide opened. He got in and Eugene welcomed him with a smile.

  “Why are you all dressed up?” she asked.

  “No, I’m not. This is my daily usual fashion,” he denied.

  “Really? Well, I guess it’s just me then,” she said and started driving.

  “So, do you have a place in mind?” Hongbin asked.

  “Yeap, but I’m not gonna tell you,” she smirked.

  “Hahah, okay then. I trust you in this,” he surrendered. “So how’s your week?”

  “Pretty busy. Admin stuff here and there, meetings with Grand Hyatt Hotel,” she said.

  “I see,” he nodded.

  “It’s gonna be a long ride. If you wanna rest, just rest,” she said.

  “Nope, I’m not gonna rest this time. The last time I rested, you kicked me out,” he reminded.

  “That was because I had some errands to do that could be dangerous for you,” she said.

  “And if that happens again, are you kicking me out?” he asked.

  “Most likely yes, but if you refused to leave, then I trust you. Because by then, you’re quite skilled already,” she hinted.

  “Wait, you’re gonna teach me skills already?” he asked.

  “Why not? You have been wanting to learn the skills for 2 weeks already,” she laughed.

  “Yeah, and you’re lucky enough I was being patient on you,” he said nodding.

  “Well thank you for your patience Hongbin,” she said.

The two laughed and Eugene had a brief check on the car’s battery. ‘80% left, still sufficient.’

  “How’s the rest of the boys? Busy as well,” she asked.

  “Yup, as per normal. Ravi has been busy with his Rebirth mixtape, Leo and Ken with his musical, Hyuk with his covers and N with his radio and Weekly Idol emceeing,” he listed out.

  “And you?” she lifted right eyebrow.

  “I’m busy spending my time with you,” he said.

She made a facepalm and Hongbin looked at her weirdly.

  “It’s true! Look where I am now,” he exclaimed.

  “Okay fine~ you’re with me,” she nodded in defeat.

Getting closer to their destination, the roads got emptier. By then the battery was 60% and Eugene decided to charge it.

  “I’m going on sport mode now, so I’ll be speeding,” she informed.

His eyes opened wide and he grabbed on the handle bar. Eugene then switched the car into sport mode and got them speeding and charging at the same time. Sooner or later, they entered a forest. She slowed down the car and careful drove on the narrow road.

  “What are doing here? Aren’t we going to the countryside?” Hongbin asked looking around.

  “Yup, we are at the countryside, is just that, I went deeper,” she admitted.

  “Why?” he asked.

  “You said you wanted to learn martial arts or per say self- defence,” she said. “So I thought it’s about time for you to get started.”

  “Why don’t you tell me earlier?” Hongbin was slightly annoyed.

  “Because attacks come to you unexpectedly and from there, you gotta know how to protect yourself,” she said while parking the car in front of a building.

They got out from the car with their bag. Hongbin stood in front of the building and awed.

  “What is this place?” he asked.

  “Welcome to Moorim School!” she introduced. “Well, it was once a school but now it’s just a building.”

  “What happened to the students and staff?” Hongbin asked while looking around.

  “They left, because there weren’t many student involved and yeah,” she said.

  “What kind of an excuse is that?” he scowled.

  “Urgh, let’s just go in okay?” she groaned.

They went in the school and the interior was still as good as new. Eugene dropped her bag on the floor and rushed towards the weaponry area. She took a long bamboo stick and made a few moves. Hongbin watched her and he had his jaw dropped. 

  “You’re good at this,” he complimented.

  “You just need to practice,” she winked.

He dropped his bag and took a bamboo stick.

  “Now, let’s see how much you know about defencing,” she smirked.

Catching Hongbin off guard, she swung the stick around over her head and tried whipping towards him, but he managed to block it. Quickly she did another attempt from his back and he jerked infront, dropping his weapon. Taking the advantage, she whipped it towards his torso and his chest that resulted him to flip over and landed on the floor.

  “Erm… still weak I see,” she nodded while offering a hand to him.

He took her hand and stood up.

  “Let’s get me trained,” he said while picking up his weapon.

  “I’m going to attack you slowly and from there, try to defend yourself okay?” she informed.

Hongbin gave a determined nod and she smirked, starting to train him. They trained and trained until the sun has set. The two were drenched in sweat and they laid down on the floor, side by side while panting.

  "That was a productive training," Eugene panted.

  "Yeah, it sure was," he laughed.

Just then, Eugene decided to stand up but Hongbin pulled her back on the floor, making her fell. Hongbin then swooned over her and her heart started pounding quickly. His right arm was beside her left shoulder and he was somewhat on top of her. Omg, what is he trying to do? What should I do? Argh! He's so close to me!

  "Where are you going?" Hongbin asked with his deep voice.

  "I want to have my shower," she said nervously.

  "Then why are you not bringing me along?" he asked.

  "I was about to until you... swooned over me like this," she said, avoiding his eyes.

  "Look at me," he said.

She bit her lip and looked at him. He smiled and got closer to her ear.

  "Saranghae," he whispered and smiled.

She pushed him away out of the blue and then realized what she had done.

  “Oh my, I’m so sorry. I… I didn’t mean to push you away like that,” she nervously apologized.

  “It’s alright, I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn’t have done that, especially when you’re still overcoming your fear,” he said.

  “No, I mean- you can surprise me in that manner. Plus, I really have to get used to this,” she admitted.

  “I’ll… I’ll bring you to your room,” she said while picking up her bag.

  “My room? We’re sleeping in separate rooms?” Hongbin asked.

  “Duh! Why would we sleep together?” she uttered.

  “I mean, we slept in the same room twice before,” he said. “And we’re more than friends already…”

  “Okay okay fine,” she surrendered. “We’ll sleep in the same room okay?”

He gave her a cheeky smile and gave her a thumbs up. She led into a room that has 2 single beds side by side.

  “Which one will you take?” she asked.

  “I’ll take the one on the… right!” he exclaimed childishly and ran towards his bed.

Eugene smiled and walked towards hers.

  “I’ll go and have my shower alright?” she said while taking out her clothes and toiletries.

  “Okay! You go ahead, I’ll unpack my bag first,” he informed.

Eugene nodded and made her way to the washroom first.