Finest Ways

Mind Over Matter

 

 

“How pretty Eomma is?”

Yohan spreads his arms wide while giggling so cutely. I’m currently feeding him his breakfast. “A lot?~ Eomma very pretty?” I ask and lean my face closer. Although he was chewing, he leans back and puckers his lips for a sweet smooch on my lips. “Ayy~ so sweet my baby.” I singsong and wipe the rice on the side of his lips.  “Who like better, Eomma or Appa?” I ask this time. “Yabi.” He answers. “No no, Eomma Appa?” I ask. “Yabi~” He answers the same thing and I just tilt my head while thinking. “Yabi. . . Ya—ah~ Rabbit?” I pout as I realize he was talking about his rabbit toy.

“Yohan likes rabbit?” I ask and he nods while grinning shyly. “Hmm, how about Eomma and Appa? Who does Yohan like more?” I ask and feed him another spoon of his porridge. Suddenly, he creates that about-to-cry face which made me laugh heartily. “Aigoo~ Okay, I won’t ask anymore. No no, don’t cry~” I ask in between chuckles as I straighten out his curled eyebrows.

“Yohannie likes Appa and Eomma the same, ne.” I mutter while stirring the porridge. He looks at me with his adorable puppy eyes while chewing. He’s so cute when chewing, he looks like Kyungsoo the most at this kind of time. I can’t explain it but Kyungsoo tends to scrunch his nose with every chew and his lips are always puckered. Yohan makes the same expression whenever he’s eating, especially when it’s a solid piece of food, whatever it is.

Like this perhaps?

“Yohannie.” I call and he looks up to me again stretching his short arms up whilst chewing. He looks like a gangster eating in a Ramen House. What made me even chuckle is that his one leg was put over my lap like a king. “Appa is going to work at faraway place in a few days, so no Appa for few days arrachi?” I ask. “Appa no no?” He asks with his growing pout once again. “Ne, no appa for few days. Okay? Appa not sleep here. Appa will be outside. Does Yohan understand?” I ask.

Kyungsoo’s actually still in the bedroom packing the stuff he’s going to bring and he’s going to leave in a few.

“Yah, I told you not to tell him.” I jolt in shock when I heard my husband’s voice from behind. He already had his cross-body bag on him as he walks to us. He leans down to Yohan and gave him kisses on both sides of his cheeks before going to the fridge. “He’ll eventually search for you too, what am I going to say?” I turn my head to him.

I watch as he takes out a bottle of water from the fridge and drank while looking back at me, his head tilted to the side. I just noticed now he was wearing a comfy shirt, just plain v-neck tee which shows his collarbones. “Your clothes are too thin, You know how moody the weather can be nowadays. It’s hot right now later it’s very cold.” I tell. He pats his hand on his bag. “Jacket’s inside.” He answers briefly before walking to me. I look up to him as I stay seated.

He casually puts a hand on my shoulder and my arm automatically reaches up to his waist. He simply watches Yohan eat, holding his spoon with both hands. “If the weather’s nice later, I’ll bring him out to the park. Should I?” I ask while still looking up to him. “Sure but if he gets irritated leave right away.” He answers and I just gave a nod.

I simply rest my head on Kyungsoo’s sides as I watch Yohan as well. “Why can’t he just get your outgoing personality. Why mine. . .” My husband mutters. I just heave a sigh as I give his tummy a light pat. “Don’t think like that. It’s not your fault. He’s only nineteen months old and besides, isn’t he the sweetest at the same time?” I look up to him again with a light smile.

He smiles back and my hair.

I hug his waist completely while giggling. “Perhaps he did get something from you too huh.” He asks and pulls me up to stand. Grabbing both of my hands, he wraps it himself around his neck and he pulls me by the waist. “Yes, I’m the sweetest.” I hush as I make our faces inches apart. “Not actually. . .” He mouths back, his lips were brushing against mine as if teasing me. “I mean, the way he sees food with so much enthusiasm. He never refuses on any kind of food.” He adds making me pout. I hit my knuckles on his chest and he responds with a light grin. “Why are you like that. . . So bad.” I murmur softly but he shuts me up with a kiss.

Our little time was interrupted when Yohan starts calling out.

Still holding onto each other, we both turn to him. His porridge was nearly done and he had his arms all up asking to be carried. “Ahh~ he wants to join the cuddle.” I singsong and so I let go of my husband first and lift my son up to my arms. I wipe his mouth with the towel slung on my shoulder before moving him close to Kyungsoo.

We let him be sandwiched between us and he giggles immensely while holding onto his father’s chest. “Appa come. . .” He mutters and was trying to completely be held by Kyungsoo so I let go of him. My husband carries him instead. “Look at how he clutches on my shirt, I told you not to tell him I’ll leave.” He croaks back while swaying the toddler from side to side.

I gave out a light nod as I watch my son do his own aegyo to Kyungsoo as if convincing the man not to leave. He had his head all up while looking at Kyungsoo and was giving his very adorable penguin face. “No, Appa has to leave.” Kyungsoo hushes and rubs their noses together. Yohan gives up and just rests ones side of his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Omo, he looks so sad.” I whisper and pat the toddler’s back. “Just distract him throughout the day.” Kyungsoo suggest and starts giving Yohan back to me but the toddler won’t let go of him. Kyungsoo already had his shirt stretched out since Yohan was gripping on it. “Yohan-ah, let Appa go. C’mon, Appa’s clothes will rip. Ne?” I calmly speak while holding the toddler’s waist.

His crying face was slowly activating.

Seems like he was only trying to finish his food earlier and then starts his tantrums after.

Which is happening now.

“Yohan, let go of Appa now.” Kyungsoo calls out seriously. Yohan already had his mouth wide open as he cries with barely any sound at how intense his sadness was. He keeps on shaking his head. To be honest, although he has gone used to Kyungsoo working in a daily basis, this is actually the first time he won’t be seeing his father before his sleep time at night.

He must be worrying about it the most since I told him Kyungsoo won’t be sleeping here.

“A-appa not go!” He bawls hysterically and Kyungsoo gives up on passing the kid to me. “Aish. . . Iseul-ah.” He groans out my name softly and I just bite my lower lip. I just didn’t know what I would do later if Yohan searches for him at sleep time especially for the bedtime story time. “Sorry, I just. . . if he realizes the situation later on, it will be much harder to put him to sleep.” I try to explain.

Kyungsoo just gives me an understanding nod before walking out of the kitchen. I trail behind him until we arrive at the living room. He hopped into the play pen and flopped down the foam. Yohan slowly quiets down as he was placed on the foam as well in between his father’s legs. “Build house for Appa, c’mon.” Kyungsoo starts playing with him and I just stand there.

I watch them start playing with the Lego blocks and my lips slowly curve up into a smile. Kyungsoo really knows how to calm him down. Just then, I heard a honk from outside which also made Kyungsoo turn to it briefly. “It must be it. Iseul, go out and tell I’ll be there in a minute.” He tells and so I quickly skip to the door and got out.

I expected a van since Kyungsoo told me last night the professors would all go together but instead, I saw a smaller car.

And a woman came out. She’s wearing skinny jeans that hug out her curvy legs and the plain white shirt she was wearing was tucked into the pants showing her perfect S-line. Wait, this isn’t what Kyungsoo’s waiting for. Then who is she?

I go out of our porch and start walking to the gates where the woman was already waiting at. “Excuse me? Perhaps you got the wrong house?” I ask and glance at Baekhyun’s place since the woman looked like a model. She removes her shades letting me see her beautiful double-lid eyes.

Sorry but they look fake.

“No, I’m picking Professor Do up.” She answers and bows to greet. My brows twitch as I give a hesitant bow just to be polite. “Wait—uhm. . . May I ask of who you are?” I speak while rubbing my hands on the side of my shirt. “I’m Park Yuhee, I’m also a professor in Ajou U. We’ll go to the university conference and seminar together. Is Kyungie ready?” She explains nicely.

My brow arches when I heard “Kyungie” from her dark red lips. Did she just call my husband cutely?

And besides, she’s a professor but she dresses like a. . . sophisticated runway model.

Are her s even real? They’re so unreal.

“Kyungie?” I ask. “Yes, that’s my nicky for him. Could you just call your boss for me, we’re kind of rushing already. Okay? Thank you.” She sweetly coos and my eyes bulge out in shock when she said it. What the , does she think I’m a maid here?? I know I might look haggard and all right now but for her to assume me as a maid right away. . .

HOW DARE SHE AND HER FAKE BODY??

“Miss, first I’m not a maid and second, sure I will call him for you.” I tell with my gritting teeth before stomping my feet back to the house. Once I entered, I walk to the living room and my two boys are still on the play pen but Kyungsoo already moved a bit farther away from Yohan as if he was starting to escape. “Who’s the fake Barbie outside wanting to pick you up??” I exclaim making the both of them turn.

“What Barbie?” Kyungsoo asks and stands up. “That. . . that. . . Ugh! She just thought I was a maid, do you know that??” I ask. “Oh, you mean Yuhee?” My husband tells and snaps his fingers. “I thought you’ll travel as a group?” I interrogate and walk towards him. “That was the initial plan but I found out just this early morning that the others went there much earlier and since Professor Park still have a Yoga class to attend she’ll follow latter and I ended up going with her there since I was left. We’ll just use her car to save money.” He explains.

“So you know and you didn’t tell me?” I ask. “What’s to tell?” He asks and glances at Yohan who was now immersed with his Lego blocks. We start walking to the door gently but I still had my judging look. “Why would you travel with her alone?” I ask and block the door. “To save time and money. If I bring my car along, it would be troublesome.” Kyungsoo answers immediately.

“But I don’t like her. She’s very fake.” I tell. He rolls his eyes while chuckling. “What’s with the sudden judgment?” He asks. “First, it’s true that she looks fake all over her face and body and second, she thought I was a maid. I don’t look like a maid at all. Does she even know you have a wife?” I complain. “She just got into the university a few weeks ago, she’s pretty new and we aren’t that close yet.” He explains.

“YET?? Why, do you have plans?” I ask. He puts his hands up in defense right away. “Woah there. You seriously need to calm down.” He chuckles. “But this isn’t right. How can she even be a professor in a medical university when she looks like a brainless model?” I groan out. “Well I heard she works as a model too. And she has a PhD in Cosmetic Science and Biochemistry. She even has a makeup line or brand, I believe. Right now, she teaches BioChem.” Kyungsoo answers.

What the .

I don’t like this situation at all.

“So. . . I am pretty sure she’s not brainless.” He adds and gave me that casual smile while shaking his head. “Well she looks brainless to me.” I answer as  matter of fact. “And you look jealous to me.” He leans forward and gave me that sudden smirk. “It’s not funny.” I groan but he only gives me a peck on the lip. “You get jealous worse than I do.” He mouths while having his playful grin. “Just remember this, you don’t look good together. She’s too tall for you. Don’t go near her, you’ll look too short.” I murmur.

“Especially you. Did you look up while talking to her earlier? You must have looked so adorably tiny in front of her.” He chuckles. He looks like he’s having so much fun teasing me right now. “Actually, we get teased by our fellow professors a lot. Because when she just got in, she knew me right away. She said she read the university’s health book and told me my researches were the best.” He playfully tells while wiggling his eyebrows.

“I hate you.” I mutter back with my hardened and displeased expression. “I haven’t told her I’m already married. She might continue making a move on me. Should I?” He asks and that’s when I smack him on the tummy. He winces in pain but automatically laughs while looking at my mad face. “Keep dreaming, you’re not that hot.” I mock. “Oh really?” He asks and leans to my ear. “Should I ask Yuhee if she finds me hot so I could confirm your judgment?” He whispers.

“It’s not funny anymore. I’m serious. You’re not funny and you’re making me so angry. I don’t like it anymore.” I grunt and my voice sounded shaky already, my tears were already forming. It’s because it’s so irritating and it’s making me go more nuts the more that he teases me like that. He lets out a hearty laugh and cups my face. “Okay, fine I’ll stop. You just look so adorable.” He tells and nuzzle our noses together.

I still frown more and look down. “Do I look like the type of guy who would go for a tall, y, model-figure girl like her?” He asks. I hesitantly look up to him now with my already blurry, teary eyes. “W-what are you trying to say. I-I’m not y and tall. . . and not model-figure.” I hum and my lips were already curving down as I start sobbing. “Of course you aren’t. Keep dreaming too.” He tells and I stomp my feet like a kid and hit his chest.

He laughs softly again and grabs both of my hands. “W-what if she seduces you?” I cry out. He held on both of my cheeks making me look up to him completely. “She flirts on me in a daily basis. That’s her thing. I’m used to it. I never got affected.” He tells and it made me frown much worse. “So she likes you! Ahh, I don’t want to.” I squirm like a child and tug on his shirt. “What if she gets you drunk and you get affected suddenly because you’re drunk??” I cry.

“How would I know? Like you said, I’m drunk so I wouldn’t know if I would get affected, right?” He laughs. I cry much harder and bury my face on his chest. “Why are you hurting me so much. This is hurting me, stop now. . .” I weep and he just hugs me tight but was still chuckling. “Iseul-ah, stop being paranoid now~ I need to leave. Hm?” He asks and tries to push me away but I start gripping on his shirt tightly.

I look like Yohan now.

I glance at my son and he was still there sitting calmly on his play pen and was watching us innocently.

It seems like he has given up on stopping Kyungsoo from leaving since I’m now doing the job. “Hey, she’s waiting there. We’re gonna be late.” He laughs with amusement and had his hands on my underarms like he was ready to carry me like a baby. “I’m so jealous, I don’t want you to leave anymore. . . She’s prettier than me. . . I don’t want to.” I cry hard and clutch even tighter on his shirt. His chest area was already soaked with my tears.

“She’s prettier than you but it doesn’t mean I would like her. Not even a tad bit.” Kyungsoo explains and I hop out of so much frustration. “Why’d you agree!?” I whine even more. My tears were combination of frustration, jealousy and overall irritation because of what Kyungsoo’s been doing, trying to make me jealous on purpose. It’s very disturbing in the mind. “Why?~ You said Baekhyun’s more handsome than me too! Yah~” Kyungsoo rebuts in between laughter.

I look up to him and wriggle again. “It’s different!” I answer back and clutch on his neck tightly that I was almost hanging my whole body up on him. “How come?~ Yah, let go now. I need to go. Just when Yohan’s already fine with me leaving, now you’re like that.” He tells. He pulls my head away just so he could make me look up to him. “Don’t you trust me?” He asks. That made me slow down from my sobs as I look back at him. “I do. . .” I hush, I barely open my mouth.

He wipes my tears with his thumb. “I can’t hear it. Repeat.” He orders like a professor. “I do.” I say much louder and he smiles lovingly. “I love you too.” He mutters and leans down for a light peck on my lips. My mind was slowly calming down now. Just then, he opens the door behind me and suddenly drags me out. I hide behind him as he drags me to the gates. “Yuhee ssi, she’s not my maid. She’s my wife.” Kyungsoo speaks right away and I only peek from my husband’s back. I see the woman leaning on her car while folding her arms. She gave me a light smile. “Oh alright. My bad, sorry Miss wifey. This sweetheart hasn’t told me he’s already married.” The Yuhee girl answers with her—I assume—normal seductive voice.

I think she really speaks like that in a daily basis.

I mean she has a nickname for everyone so I’m sure she’s really a sweet-talker.

I gave out a shy nod as I look back at her. “Well then, may I now borrow him for a few days?” She asks. My heart throbs again as she said that. I know she didn’t meant it in any other bad way but still, it bugged me off. “Please don’t speak like that Yuhee ssi. That sounded inappropriate.” Kyungsoo tells. “Alright~ fine.” Yuhee puts her hands up in defense before opening her car door. “So do I ride you or you ride me?” She asks and that made me frown again.

I see Kyungsoo heaving a sigh. “Yuhee ssi, that was inappropriate again. Please don’t speak like that.” He tells. “What?~ I was just asking if your car or mine.” Yuhee answers while chuckling in amusement. “Yours.” My husband answers. “Alright, you ride me huh. I’d take that too.” The woman smirks before entering the car first. Kyungsoo turns to me with that I-told-you-so expression. “See? She’s really like that but it doesn’t mean anything.” He whispers. He kisses the side of my head and gave me a light rub on my back.

“Alright. . .” I answer. He glances at the car, Yuhee had the car window pulled down and she was giving a sly smile to us. I look away not wanting to see her fox-like eyes but that was until Kyungsoo grabbed my face and captured my lips. I was a bit shocked since Kyungsoo never liked the public display of affection. The worse, he kissed me so passionately. My knees turn jelly as he grabs my neck and nibbled with my lower lip with intensity.

He pulls away after quite some time and I grasp for air with my flustered face. He gave me that handsome lip bite and did his usual eyebrow-twitch at the same time. “And she’s completely rejected like that.” He whispers and chuckles before opening the gates to step out. He gave me one last smile as he walks to the passenger’s seat. I glance at the Yuhee girl and saw her totally taken aback expression which made me hold onto my sneer.

Damn, Kyungsoo rejects girls at the finest ways.