Honestly Yours: Part 1

Mind Over Matter

 

“Tell me, how could you make changing this much long?”

Glaring up the ceiling, I listen to my boyfriend complain of me taking a long time to prepare. “Sweetie, changing for a girl means. . . bathroom business, choosing a few sets of clothes, trial and error to find the perfect one, doing the makeup and then the hair and then retouch the makeup and the—“ I don’t understand. You look the same.” He cuts me off. I shoot him a glare when he said that.

“There IS a difference. Alright?” I clarify and roll my eyes. “No, you look the same.” He answers and begins walking that made me do the same. “Yah, say that one more time and I won’t come with you.” I said and tugged on his arm as we step out of my condominium. “I won’t pronounce of it again but I would never take it back if that’s what you really are targeting for me to do.” He answers and I hit his arm lightly.

“You could be a little sweet? We just got back together.” I said as a matter of fact. “WHICH is my very effort.” He blurts out and even points an index finger up. I glare even more and push him lightly but didn’t let go of his arm that’s why he just bounced back to me. I see him having his smug smile already as he looks away. “Kyungsoo, put an arm over me. C’mon.” I demand and he just gave me that pfft look.

“Yah.” I slap his tummy and he gave me a glare this time. “You are touching too much already, Missy.” He said and tries to back away. “You want me to touch further? You want?” I aim to attack but he rushed back to the elevator and quickly tries closing it but as swift as I can, I slide myself in as well. “Well well well~ you have no escape now.” I smirk as he steps back until he meets the wall of the elevator.

“I should have brought my tranquilizer in the lab. You’re a savage predator.” He said and I just laughed evilly. Nah, I’m just in my playful mode. “Yes and you’re my prey.” I purr like a cat and he puts his hands up in defense. “This is not funny. Save your sanity, please.” He said and I was seriously enjoying his state right now. We are circling around the elevator but I succeeded to trap him at one corner.

“What went wrong? What did you eat?” He asks. “Your heart. Rawr~” I continue kidding around. “That is so disgusting.” He said with his sickened face. “I’m Edward Cullen’s ex-wife.” I said and smirked.

“What?? You married before?” He asked in shock which made me back away with my surprised and amused face. I cover my mouth trying to suppress my urge to burst out of laughter when he asked that. Should I play along? “So he was before your ex-boyfriend before me?” He asks. The elevator finally opens and we both step out.

“Yes.” I answer and purse my lips together tightly just so I wouldn’t laugh. Wow, I cannot believe he watches a lot of movies but didn’t know Twilight. Well anyway, he usually likes fantasy movies that aren’t much related with romance. He thinks they’re too fantasized and overrated. He prefers Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Marvel’s movies more than anything.

So why do I need to be shocked if he doesn’t know Edward Cullen.

He doesn’t even know any celebrities.

Sometimes, I call him a caveman but we always end up fighting.

“And before that. . . my other Ex-boyfriend was. . . Chris Hemsworth.”I add for a little more spice. “Am I the only Korean one? Why are they all. . . Western names?” He asks as we walk out of the condo building. I clear my throat and look away for a while to give myself a little soundless laughter before putting my serious face back and looking at him. “No, the last one before you is Korean.” I said.

“Alright.” He said and looks straight again not arguing anymore. As we are now walking to his car, he turns to me again. I gulp in nervousness that he might have guessed I was joking. “I have a question.” He said and I hesitantly nodded. “Not that I mind but. . . how tall are they?” He asks. My lips threaten to curve up again into a grin as I nod. “All three are in that hundred and eighty range and up.” I said and I see him gulp.

Just then, he points an index finger up again and looks at me.

“Are they highly intelligent as well?” He asks. “Eyy~ Trying to compete.” I bumped myself onto him and he just scoffs. “There is nothing to compete about.” He answers back. “Uh really? What’s your height?~” I tease and elbowed him. “Height doesn’t define everything. Intelligence does.” He answers and I burst out of laughter.

Alright, he looks pissed already.

I should stop.

“I was just joking. I only had one ex-boyfriend.” I finally admit and he just rolled his eyes. “I knew you were lying.” He said. “Psh~ then why are you getting jelly jelly?” I ask and flick his cheek. He back away pushing my hand down. We arrive at his car and he tries to escape but I tackle his waist with a bear hug. I placed one side of my face onto his chest and smiled. “When you get jealous, it makes me very happy.” I mutter and he didn’t move anymore.

In such kinds of simple and little things that proves his love for me,

They were much enough for me.

He didn’t hug back but I felt his hand lightly tapping the back of my head as if he was putting me to sleep. His usual thing when he secretly panics. I’ve memorized his behavior so well. “I still don’t like your hair.” He said and that made me pull away with a pout. “Still with that??” I ask as I tug on the edge of his shirt. “I said it looks better that’s why I don’t like it.” He answers. “If you don’t like it, you need to kiss me. So like it.” I said with my proud face.

He looks around while sighing.

“What?” I ask. He turns to me again and what shocked me was when he leaned down with a light smile and sealed my lips with his. My eyebrows lift as I feel that warm, soft sensation of his lips. When he pulled away, he tapped the tip of my nose. “I don’t like it.” He hushes and let out a handsome chuckle before walking to the driver’s area. I gulp as I watch him enter and I was there blushing madly.

When I entered, I glare at him who was already starting the engine.

“You don’t have a choice, I already cut it. It’s not like I can bring the hairs back.” I said. “I know, that’s why I’ll just patiently wait. Not because I don’t like your hair doesn’t mean you’re ugly. I believe some males are afraid to tell their female partners what suits them and what doesn’t. I don’t like such behaviors. They technically lie.” He said and drives off.

Wow.

Now that he has mentioned it, I realize he had a point.

But still. . .

“Well it’s called white lie. Right? Maybe because they want their girlfriends to feel good?” I try to explain because I can be one of those girls who like compliments from their men. “It’s still a lie. For example, a male commits disloyalty but wants to stay together with his female partner. So what he does is that he doesn’t tell her anything so she won’t get upset. That’s a white lie, right?” He said and I open my mouth to speak but nothing came out. “But still, m—“ But still, they continue doing those ‘white lies’ instead of just loving these females honestly.” He said.

“Gee, let’s not talk about this.” I muffle and fold my arms. His words made a lot of point that makes my head hurt. “Tongue-tied.” He said and scoffed. “No, I was just thinking of what movie we are watching on that outdoor cinema. Are you sure it’s open tonight?” I ask just to change the topic. “Of course.” He tells. “But back to the topic. . .” He said and I roll my eyes.

“Kyungsoo, I do—“ I want to admit a white lie.” He said which made me stop. “W-what?” I ask. He turns to me briefly before focusing back to the road. “We’re really not heading to an outdoor cinema.” He said which made me blink for a matter of seconds before I had the heart to speak. “This kind of white lie is what I think is much acceptable than lying about how your hair doesn’t suit you.” He explains right away.

“But it’s still a lie.” I mutter and chuckle. “I know, I just—ugh, fine. I didn’t plan to tell you until we arrive there because I don’t want you asking so much question during the ride but since we talked about white lies, I couldn’t possibly maintain it.” He admits and I laugh. “Why, where are we going?” I ask. He made a brief pause for a while but I was patient enough to wait for him.

“To my parents’ burial place.” He speaks after some time and I was lost for words for a second. “R-really?” I ask, my heart begins fluttering with so much joy. “Good Lord, now you’re going to get emotional.” He said and grabs a sheet of tissue from his compartment and gave it to me. I bit my lower lip as I hit him on the shoulder lightly as I clutch on the tissue.

A part of me is amazed that he has learned mockery but the other part is annoyed that I am the one and only victim of his mockery.

Why is that.

“A-are you ready to tell me about what happened as well?” I ask. “Ready is an understatement. I’ve thought about it since we got back together but I just had to make everything sure first. That’s why I pick the night to visit them with you.” He said which I didn’t get. “S-sure? Why? Is the burial place closed or what?” I ask. “This is why I initially planned it as a white lie. Just. . . wait. I’ll explain later, just keep quiet there. It’s a thirty-minute ride.” He said and I just nodded although it got me all curious.

 

To be continued. . .