Fighting For

Mind Over Matter

 

“Miss Iseul, the costumer had complains on your chocolate fondant pudding.”

Looking up from the plate I was garnishing, I bite my upper lip as I hear my assistant. Oh my, I’m dead. “W-what is it?” I ask and walk over to him. “The pudding was too watery and it doesn’t taste like chocolate.” My assistant answers which made me frown. “How can a Chocolate Pudding not taste like chocolate?” I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. “The costumer wants to speak with the Chef d cuisine if it won’t be explained.” He speak which made my eyes bulge out.

No way it will get to the executive chef.

“N-no no no. I’ll go. C’mon, back me up.” I drag my assistant along as I excuse myself in the kitchen for a while. He leads me to a table while pointing at it politely. “Back me—wait a minute.” I frown hard as I rush to that particular table. Do effin Kyungsoo. “Are you serious?” I grunt making the guy look up. “Hi.” He greets. “Hel—what are you doing here?” I frown harder as I put a hand on my waist. “Miss Iseul, you know him?” My assistant asks. “Yes, give us a minute, please.” I said and he bows before walking away.

“What is your problem? First in my house, second in the freaking laundry shop and now here? Are you a stalker?” I hiss. “This is a restaurant and I’m a costumer. I didn’t come for you, I came to eat.” He answers casually. “Yeah, right.” I roll my eyes before glaring down to him again. “Then why do you have to ask for the Executive chef just to complain that the chocolate pudding didn’t taste like chocolate? I mean how stupid is that?” I ask.

“Because it didn’t taste like the pudding you used to make. It’s different. I want that same pudding.” He answers and I open my mouth to grunt back but nothing came out. It’s been nearly a month, have I moved on? As far as I know, I have moved on although Kyungsoo would still constantly visit or contact me here and there but he never actually tried fixing it.

“Anyway, could you make that? For two.” He speaks making me twitch my eyebrow. “I’m not allowed to eat during work hours so if you would excu—“ It’s not for you. It’s for her.” He points at a certain direction; a woman—seems like of our age—was walking to our way. She had glasses and a clean ponytail on, she looked very decent and. . . intelligent. She’s the type of woman who would suit a smart guy like Kyungsoo. I stiffen for a minute as I saw her smiling at Kyungsoo. My lips have gone dry as I try to remain calm. Kyungsoo stands up and exchanged bows with the woman before signaling her to take a seat. “Please?” Kyungsoo looks at me and I just took a few steps back while nodding. “A-alright, I will. . . make your d-desired special order.” I stutter, my tears were forming already.

Before I could burst out of tears in public, I rush back into the kitchen. “Get the pudding from table six, he gave order changes.” I mutter out to my assistant who nodded and walked out. I held onto the edge of my working space while letting myself feel the painful pounding sensation on my chest. “Are you alright?” My fellow patissier asks and I just nodded and forced a smile. “I just need to use the restroom. Excuse me.” I gave a curt nod before rushing to the Staff’s restroom.

I lock myself up inside a cubicle and start crying my heart out.

I couldn’t say anything even to myself.

It’s really done now?

Is it bad to say that I was honestly. . . still hoping for something to happen?

For something to be fixed?

I let it all out, all the tears possible, very quickly because I had orders to make. I wash my face on the sink for a few seconds, splashing water just to freshen myself up a bit. Once I was back on track, I made their desired order professionally and with my heart.

But as if I only know him as a costumer.

 

_ _ _

 

Giving my final touches up on the nice plates, a server and my assistant came. “Are they ready to serve, Miss Iseul?” They asks when I carry the plates myself. “Yes, uh—let me serve it instead. I-I. . . I want to know if I have given them what they really want.” I lie but fortunately, they didn’t notice and so they just bowed and led me out politely. But as I walk to the same table, I notice that the woman there was left. I was almost going to sigh in relief until I saw Kyungsoo’s suitcase under the table. Ugh, he’s still there. Why wouldn’t he not be there anyway. . .

“Your two Chocolate Fondant Pudding. It’s a special request from your boyfriend, I hope you like it.” I say making the woman look in shock. “Oh—you mean the guy I’m with?” She asks while chuckling. “Y-yes. . . Where is he by the way? Why leave you alone here, Ma’am?” I ask while placing the plates on the table. “First, he’s in the restroom and second, he is so not my boyfriend. He’s just my patient.” She answers which made my eyebrow twitch.

Putting the tray over my arm, I look down in concern. “P-patient? Is Kyungsoo alright?” I blurt out which earned a bit of a surprised look from her. , my tongue slipped. “Oh, you know Dr. Do?” She asks. “N-no, actually. . . He just uh—eat here often so our pastry restaurant has come to know him and we became friends.” I lied. “Oh, alright. Well. . . not really an actually patient, I just chose to title him out like that, We actually work together in a university. I’m a psychotherapist, he asked me over for a counseling. Just professional reasons.” She explains.

Counseling?

“Excuse me. . . since I know him a little bit. . . C-counseling, you mean?” I ask. “Oh~ not that he has a mental illness alright?” She chuckles. “Just a normal problem actually, that guy’s just a bit dense. To make it simple, he had heartbreak recently. He just couldn’t tell. He said he wanted to know why his girlfriend left her which is a bit funny ‘cause I’m not a fortuneteller to answer such question but I had counseled him earlier and yeah, let’s just hope for the best. That guy is too sad.” She laughs while shaking her head.

“A-ah. . . Yeah, he’s s-sometimes dense and. . . s-sad.” I muffle. “Oh well, this is getting too personal, I shouldn’t be saying it but anyway, he’s not even paying me and you’re friends, right? Sorry, please don’t tell him I told you, alright?” She requests and I just curtly nodded.

Heartbreak?

“E-enjoy your pastries.” I force a smile and quickly rush back to the kitchen before Kyungsoo comes back. I got into the kitchen while fanning myself up. “Are you alright?” The same patissier from earlier asks again but this time, I bet he was asking me for different reasons. I look sick earlier

And I bet I look damn sicker right now.

My face was heating up.

Gee, I hope that counseling worked then. . .

 

_ _ _

 

“You mean an actual therapist??”

I eagerly nod while looking at my two best friends. “Wow, he’s naivety is indeed worst kind of naivety I’ve ever known. Let me guess, he thought he was crazy feeling the pain of love for the first time.” Soomi snorts and I just laugh. “Good for him, he deserves it. Now he needs to fix it.” Hana adds up. “You think. . . he will?” I ask solemnly and it was silent for a while.

“He might have approached a counselor already but we still don’t know his reaction to that counseling. Did it help or not? Did it give an impact to him or not? Only he knows so let’s just. . . wait and see.” Hana then answers after the brief pause. “How about. . . let’s get prepped up for today?” Soomi then changes the gloomy topic right away making me smile.

“Alright~ that’s a good idea. Iseul, get a haircut.” Hana stands up and grabs his bag. “Huh? Haircut? That’s to—“New life. Whatever might come? He comes back or not, everything will surely be new. So get a haircut.” She cuts me off and Soomi nods in agreement. So I stand up and flip my hair. “Yes, I certainly need a new haircut.” I agree and grin.

So my Saturday was full of girly crazy stuffs because of my friends. Got a new haircut, bought new clothes and ate!

Whatever comes, I just hope it’s the right thing to happen.

Do Kyungsoo, let me still give him some points for giving such effort to fix himself up.

Although it’s a bit too much to actually call a psychotherapist over. . .

But anyway, he looks like a damn psychopath sometimes anyway.

And right now I can say. . . I have moved on from our blurry relationship. If he comes back, I’m ready for a new, clearer one with him and if doesn’t, I need to work on that moving on a little bit more.

But I have a feeling he will. . .

Fighting!