Pretty Hot

Mind Over Matter

 

Peeking from the blinds of our window, I watch as a truck full of appliances drop off some stuffs to the house beside ours. “Honey look, I think we have a new neighbor. Son Ahjumma moved out?” I ask and turn to my husband who was playing with Yohan on the play pen. He stands up and left the kid there for a while to walk over to me. He peeks at the blinds too with his curious eyes.

“I don’t know. You’re friends with Son Ahjumma, you should know.” He tells. “Frien—no we’re not that close. I just happen to talk to her once in a while whenever I would water the plants outside." I pout and turn to him. “Exactly. Which is an Ahjumma’s exercise in a daily basis just like her. You have a connection.” He answers. I give him my defiant look while folding my arms.

Here he goes again with his Ahjumma teasing.

I just roll my eyes before leaning back to the window when Kyungsoo left my side again to go back to Yohan. Just then, I saw a very nice car parking behind the truck. Omo, is this the owner? A male figure goes out of the car and when he turns my direction my underwear dropped—I mean, my eyebrows twitched.

He looked like a bachelor.

He was wearing this nice button down shirt and the sleeves were folded up showing his forearms. “Wow. . .” I unknowingly mutter as I watch the guy take out some luggage out of his car. Wait, what’s with my wow? , why am I fan girling over a stranger right now.

“Yah.” Kyungsoo’s faint voice calls out but I was too engrossed of watching the guy drag the luggage to the house beside us. He’s very stylish, he seems very wealthy too. Well anyway, the house beside us is pretty big. It’s like double the size of ours. But one more I notice is that he has huge camera bags and equipment like tripod and lightings if that’s what you call it. Omo, is this a show?

That would be too far-fetched though.

Maybe his job or something?

“Iseul!” I suddenly hear my husband’s loud voice right behind me which made me flinch. I turn around with my lost face. “Yes?” I ask. “I’ve been calling you for five times now.” He tells and glances at the window again. “What are you looking at still?” He asks. I gaze down outside again but the man wasn’t there anymore, maybe he already went inside.

“It’s a man. Seems like a bachelor.” I answer and walk to my son’s playpen. “Oh really.” I hear that bold tone from my husband making me turn. “What’s with your oh really just now?” I mock while kneeling down beside Yohan to play with him. “Didn’t know you can predict whether a guy’s a bachelor or not with one look.” He tells still with that scornful chuckle he has.

He arrives in front of me and just stands there.

“Oh really? Well as a matter of fact, I can also predict whether a guy’s a or not with one touch.” I said and threaten to hit his you-know-what and he quickly moves away while laughing out of embarrassment. He walks to the couch and sits there. “Appa, Yohan come~” My dear son left me and went to his Appa instead.

I pout while watching him climb down the pen.

“Yah.” I call out while looking at my two boys. “I was playing with him.” I whine as Kyungsoo lifts Yohan up to his lap. “And he’s not playing with you.” Kyungsoo scoffs while tapping the heels of his feet to make our son bounce on his lap. I just lie down on the foam of the play pen and casually lift my legs up like I’m doing some yoga position—as if—just to stretch my legs out.

“We should invite him for dinner you know. Traditional formality.” I speak and I earn that skeptical look from my husband again. “Does this traditional formality you’re aiming includes asking the guy if he’s single?” He asks. I sit up and glare at him. “I am already married, shut up. If ever I ask that, it’s just a simple conve—“Then I’m right~” He ridicules while pointing at me.

He’s so good in annoying me.

Tell me, is it a mortal sin to have a small crush on someone even when you’re married?

I just merely admired the outside appearance of that guy, it’s not as if I would know him.

And besides the guy looked much younger than us, and again, I AM MARRIED. It’s not like I’m being a for actually finding some other guy gorgeous as . Wait that sounded wrong. I mean, you know what I mean. Tell me, aren’t there fan girls who are married already? Are they doing a mortal sin?

Wait, why am defending myself so much. This is Kyungsoo’s fault.

“Then you go ask him for me instead if you’re too jealous.” I tell him. “What—why would I do that, it would be so awkward.” He argues with his big frown. “But I simply want to know out of curiosity. Can’t you at least know it for me?” I ask. “Why would you even be that curious, that is so awkward for me. Geez, Iseul have mercy on me.” He whines while rolling his eyes. “You know how much your wife can be a curious cat. Please??~” I plead. “More like a gossiping cat.” He corrects while scoffing.

“Please??”

“NO.”

 

_ _ _

 

“So uh. . . Hi.” I hide behind my husband while holding my son’s hand as well. “We’re uh. . .” Kyungsoo turns to me with his questioning look and I just pinch his back making him turn again. “We’re the neighbors next door.” He speaks and the guy smiles back and bows.

, this kid’s smile is so handsome.

“Ah, yes. I heard I have a family as a neighbor. Nice to meet you.” The guy speaks up. , even his voice is handsome. It sounds playful and cheeky. “Ah okay. So are you single?” Kyungsoo asks and my eyes bulge out. Without further ado, I pull him out of sight because he’s being a scumbag now. I give him a brief glare as I stand in front of the guy now.

“H-hi~ Ignore him. He’s pretty curious.” I said. Kyungsoo looks at me in disbelief and I was pushing his body off. Geez, I told him to ask but not right away. He’s such an idiot in social communication.

I look at the guy again and grin.

“You might have found it rude. We haven’t even known your name.” I said shyly. I kept hearing Kyungsoo’s heavy and irritated sighs beside me. He is so dead once we get home. He’s not supposed to look like that in front of a new neighbor. “Oh, right. I’m Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you.” He introduces and offers a hand shake.

Keep calm, Iseul.

My blush crept up to my face as I accept the hand shake.

THE HAND!—don’t get me started.

“Y-yeah, I’m Han Iseul.” I introduce back. “Mrs. Do. I’m the owner.” Kyungsoo speaks and I just elbowed him. “Of the house. There.” Kyungsoo continues his sentence while pointing at our home but he glares at me afterwards. The guy laughs with that shy look he had while rubbing the back of his neck. “Anyway. Yes I’m single.” Baekhyun answers.

“Excuse me, she’s not asking anymore. Please do not remind her again.” Kyungsoo butts in again and I just had to push his face off. I carry Yohan up to my arms. “Say hi to Hyung here.” I hush to my son who only buried his face on my neck while hugging me. “Sorry, he only talks to potentially handsome males. He got used to his father. Don’t mind it, he’s a kid.” Kyungsoo mutters politely but I only gave him a defiant stare.

I turn back to Baekhyun with my already embarrassed expression. “So~ this is my son, Yohan. Anyway, I’m sure you’re exhausted of fixing the house right now?” I ask as I observe his pretty sweaty state, his shirt was damp on his chest area. Oh, man what am I trying to observe right now. “So perhaps, you can stop by our house later for dinner?” I continue my sentence.

“Oh, that would be lovely, Miss Iseul. Thank you.” He answers making me smile even more. “Of course. But Baekhyun ssi, please don’t put your expectations too high. She doesn’t cook that well.” Kyungsoo rebuts again while shaking his head. I maintain my smile although I could already picture myself strangling my husband to death right now.  “Anyway, you can call me Iseul but since we’re going to be neighbors, Noona will be fine.” I sweetly coo while patting my son’s back because he’s already creating this whiny sounds he always had when he’s not comfortable.

“Noona? Uh—how old are you?” Baekhyun asks. Aigoo, I don’t like that question so much. “Ha ha ha~ Uh, yeah. I might look a bit younger than my age. I’m thirty. Both of us.” I say and point at my husband who was plainly nodding with his unresponsive face. “Well then, we’re all friends. We’re just the same age.” Baekhyun answers while laughing softly. My eyes widen as I look at him from head to toe.

He’s ing thirty??

He looks twenty to me!

“You’re. . . Wow. You look so young.” I mutter in awe. “You too. Iseul.” He speaks and my jaw dropped in a very nice was as I hold my squeal. I glance at Kyungsoo who already had his very irritated state while looking around. Yohan was exactly the same and he’s starting his tantrums now. “O-oh, well anyway. Baekhyun, just drop by later in our house. I’ll cook nicely. Let’s cut this short, my son’s a bit whiny now.” I explain while shyly grinning.

“Of course. Thank you. Nice meeting you two again. And also Yohan.” He said and waves a hand at the kid. That’s when Yohan starts crying hard. “Oh. . .” Baekhyun looked flustered when the kid reacted like that. I seriously want to hide right now. So as quick as I could, I completely bid goodbye to him. Once the front door was closed, Kyungsoo took Yohan from me and starts walking off first.

“You were so flirting.” He grunts as I trail behind. “What?? I wasn’t flirting. I was merely making friends with our new neighbor. Since when was that flirting?” I answer as we walk to the pathway towards our house. “I’m not asking. I am intelligently suggesting that you were flirting and I don’t need any answer. Even Yohan noticed perhaps that is why he cried.” Kyungsoo croaks. “Yohan cries to every stranger he meets, alright?” I explain back as we reach the porch of the house. He opens it with one hand and we both enter again. “I dislike him.” He tells with finality as he carries Yohan to his room because the kid looked tired after the short tantrum he had.

“Psh, you dislike all guys.” I mock back as I went to the play pen to clean up. I harshly clean up all the toys to their respective containers at the corner of the pen while glaring constantly at the opened door of my son’s room. Kyungsoo was putting the kid to the bed for nap time. When he arrives out, he closes the door gently before walking over to me.

“Help me clean up.” I grumble with annoyance as I throw the toys to the container. “Don’t destroy the toys.” He scolds while snatching one toy from my hand and cleans it up instead. “How about you. You were so rude earlier, you know that?” I continue with our initial argument. “That’s not being rude, that’s being me.” Kyungsoo defenses and I groan while looking up.

“Okay fine. But Kyungsoo, I swear I wasn’t flirting. I mean. . . the guy’s pretty hot though.” I murmur softly this time. He gave me the -_- look and I just put my hands up in defense. “Outer appearance judgment, just like when I see cute idols on TV and I tell you they’re cute, right? Exactly like that. That’s what normal people do. I swear, there is nothing further than that.” I explain well. I finally see Kyungsoo’s face calming down as he gives me a nod.

“Fine.” He mumbles and sighs. I give him a nod and sweetly pat his cheek before picking up the remaining toys. I crawl to the other edge of the pen to reach for one toy when I felt Kyungsoo’s hand on the rear end entering the back portion of my shirt. “Yohan’s sleeping.” He mutters. “Hey~ we’re still cleaning. Stop. . .” I hold my giggle as he tries pulling me to him.

I nearly squeal in shock when he completely grabs me and I land right on his lap. Our bodies collapse down the pen and we’re both laughing faintly to avoid waking our son up. “Let me show you what’s pretty hot.” He whispers and without further ado, captures my lips for a passionate kiss. A moan escapes my lips when he lifted my shirt up completely and starts my skin. I was already feeling myself get more and more until he stops and quickly gets off me. “I need to use the bathroom. Excuse me for a minute.” he said and ran off like a kid.

I pull myself up with my incredulous face as I watch him rush to the bathroom. “Wow~ indeed, that’s pretty hot.” I mock back while laughing.

This is so embarrassingly cute.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I especially dedicate this chapter to @KyungRa_Rem who's a great chingu/reader of mine and my greatest OTP's shipper. LOLOL Look at how much I wuv you porebeur. XD