Far-fetched

Mind Over Matter

 

 

So. . . how did I end up in this roller-coaster ride of commitment and far-fetched love?

This is how it all started. . . 

 

“Are you ready, Iseul?”

Looking at myself at the mirror before me, I clasp on my lap tightly while nodding. Behind me is my good friend Hana, a stylist and the owner of this place I’m in right now, who’s currently holding a pair of scissors right before my very hair. She bends down patting my shoulders. “This is the time where you officially move on from him. You will find the right man who won’t look at you physically.” She hushes sweetly but I just look back at her with my displeased, frowning expression. “So you’re saying he did dump me for my gaining of weight, is that it?” I ask with my resting face.

For a five foot tall girl and add the fact that I’m in a society where thin is the new y, yes I am definitely overweight. And a few more weight gain when my boyfriend broke up with me last year. Or should I say, ex-boyfriend.

It’s been a year and here I am still upset about it especially because we stayed friends on social media and he freaking got a girlfriend only after two months of our break up.

He seems so into the girl, sometimes their photos are too provocative, I say. It’s like he’s almost eating her out at some.

And there I was, eating Ben & Jerry.

Maybe one reason why we never worked out, I couldn’t give as much as this present girl could.

But I just got to say, I’m pretty sure my weight gain is another reason. I’m fighting on it, I am in no doubt.

“It’s not what I’m saying, Iseul. You’re a very beautiful and talented woman. Jongin is an .” Hana reassures to which I responded with a scoff. “If eating was a talent. . . Okay, I agree.” I retort before looking at the mirror again. “Don’t worry, this site Soomi and I found is like the. . . Tinder of Korea. And we put your best picture and info’s mind I tell you. This guy would fall head over heels for you once he sees you in person.” Hana wiggles her eyebrows. “Ugh, I’m not confident with this. I need to at least bring my old weight back before dating again. I want to look attractive for the next man I would meet.” I whimper and heave a sigh. “What? No~ do you know that it’s even better to let him see your other side, your effortless side because that’s how you’ll know if he’s serious or not.” Hana said.

“You mean. . . my ed up, piggy, retarded side? Oh please, no thanks. The guy must be crazy if he accepts that.” I snort while rolling my eyes. “Eyy~ Just trust me okay? I know just the perfect makeover for you. This is Han Iseul, the Reboot!” My crazy friend exhales before starting her job.

To make me as pretty as I can be.

Ugh, I want burger.

 

And so my day went by with a haircut, facial treats, manicures and pedicures, and a whole body massage and spa. I felt like I had an overhaul of change today.

But a perk of being the Beauty Boutique’s best friend, I got them all for free.

Hana gave it to me since this is the first time I’m going on a date after a year, it’s like a little gift.

But to be honest, I could have loved it more if she have given me a membership card to a gym but whatever. I love her, she’s my sister from another mother together with Soomi.

“Now, look at you~” Hana hops like a kid when she twirled my seat around to face her. Last touch-up, she did makeup on me too. “Why’d you do my makeup so early? The blind date’s not until tonight.” I hiss back, as a matter of fact. “And also, what’s his name again?” I add while tilting my head to the side having my interrogating look.

“Do Kyungsoo.” Hana answers. I nod while arching an eyebrow. “He’s a professor.” She adds. “Oh, he—what?!” I stand up from my chair to further exaggerate my unnecessary reaction and stumble upon realizing I was wearing these high heels Hana lent me. “Hey, chill~ Not another P.E. teacher like Jongin. He’s a college professor and I think he’s really cute if he would smile.” Hana reassures. I sigh in relief while nodding.

I can’t afford to date someone similar to Jongin again.

It makes my stomach cringe.

“Any more information? His profile? His picture?” I ask. “No no no~ I said it’s a surprise.” Hana answers the same thing that she’s been saying ever since they set me up on this dating site. “Don’t tell me he doesn’t have a profile and you just shoved me to this random guy?” I ask and look at her accusingly.

“Nu-uh honey~ I even know his blood pressure which is really we—"

"Wait, what? Blood pressure? Who the hell would include th—"

“No more questions~ it will kill the thrill!” Hana grins like a maniac.

“You pretty much know you’re making me nervous right now with your brief spoiler attacks right?” The way you say thrill makes me damn worried.” I mumble out while nibbling on my bottom lip, having my hands on my waist. “To assure you. . . I could say, a hundred and two percent, that he seems to be a very responsible guy and therefore I won’t be worried to give my best friend to him.” She chants and hugs me like a kid.

Good Lord, she’s selling me off so easily.

But if she says the guy’s responsible, why not try.

Being single at twenty-six is pretty depressing for me. I mean, I dated Jongin for a pretty long time. Two years is long, right?

“You got to be sure, alright? Wait, so technically, you chatted with this man pretending to be me on that site?” I ask while pulling down the ends of my dress because it was lifting up, blame my wide hips it raises with every step I take. “Yes and he’s very very very fun to talk with.” Hana answered but somehow, that 'very very very' left me so suspicious because she was holding her laugh.

“And with very very very, you mean?” I ask. We are now walking out of the boutique. “He’s very fun, that’s all.” She answers and puts an arm over me. “In your purse, I put a few cosmetics so you could do a touch-up later and also I left a pack of tissue because you are such a tomboy you don’t even bring some.” She says and I just roll my eyes. “And. . . I think you would need some later.” She whispers before breaking into her evil laugh.

“You are making me nervous of this. Why would I need some tiss—“ Taxi!~” Hana calls out as soon as we get to the sidewalk. Geez, she’s obviously hiding something from this man and I don’t think I would like it. “I feel like throwing up. Hana, if this guy is a ert, I will kill you.” I threaten as a cab stops in front of us.

“Oh~ don’t worry about that. He is certainly not a ert. I told you, we evaluated him very well first before officialy deciding on this date. Han Iseul, you’re our very best friend, we won’t let another hurt you and I’m telling you. . . this guy might be your biggest shot, understand me?” She asks, looking down to me intently.

Seeing the sincere look on her face, I know she wasn’t lying.

“Okay, fine. So where do I go?” I ask as I already open the cab door. “Go to a mall, or a café. Spend your last hours being single~” She chants and dances randomly. “Oh god, I feel sick.” I roll my eyes but chuckled afterwards. “And then. . . since the dinner date later is at 6PM sharp, go later by a few minutes alright? That’s how girls do.” Hana whispers while wiggling her eyes.

“Hana, I know. I’m twenty-six and I’ve dated before.” I answer back before completely getting into the cab. I bid goodbye to my best friend and closed the door. I told the driver to bring me to a particular café. As the cab starts moving, I take my phone out. I know just the right thing to do now.

Unfriend and unfollow Kim Jongin.

To some, I might be called bitter and some more names but I believe this is the real right thing to do. We are not friends, ex’s can never be friends or act like nothing happened. It will never be the same no matter how much nice you ended. No scratch that, break up's can never be nice. As ironic as Goodbye's. There's nothing good in saying bye's or. . . whatever, what am I even saying? Anyway. . . 

Today, I can finally say that I have moved on and I don’t love Jongin anymore. I am ready to fall in love again, get serious and committed, move in with the guy—wait scratch that, woah there Iseul cool them jets, I mean get married and then have kids.

I am in the age where I’m already craving for such things to happen, maybe loosely including the moving in part but nah, that’s too unconventional. Well. . . if the guy wouldn’t mind it and we find each other very important, I think we would be old enough to decide for ourselves, right?

Good heavens, please whoever this guy is. I wish he really is the guy. The guy for me. Aigoo, it’s funny how I’m twenty-six and I’m wishing like a teenager.

I am, sometimes, considered an Ahjumma here.

Well, it depends on my mood. In particular, my hair's mood cause it explains everything.

I am so nervous. I want burger.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I originally planned to release the first chapter after my current story but seeing that I've gained a few subbies already, might as well start it now too. 

So girls~ meet our new BFF, Han Iseul, who's going to share her love story with Mr. Super Right in their momentous relationship.

(LOL, I crack every time I say that word and I don't know why. Maybe because it's not usually used to describe a relationship. Sorry)