Pengu is a?

Mind Over Matter

 

 

“You may now kiss your bride.”

Hearing the applause from the guests, I glance at them with my ‘I’m-a-millionaire’ kind of face before facing my now husband, Do Kyungsoo. He lifts my veil up and I try my best not to laugh right now. He still look pale and a bit sweaty. “Stop.” I hear my grumble softly knowing I’m about to grin again. He leans down and only gave me a quick peck on the lips.

We both faced the guests as I hold onto his lower back. “You need another potty time? I have a pack of wipes stuck under my gown.” I whisper—as a joke—and I feel his hips nudged against mine. He gives me a brief glare before facing the people again with his light smile.

Okay, let me just explain what I was talking about.

Just this morning while I was already preparing with Soomi and Hana, Kyungsoo who’s preparing in his own home called saying he’s having it bad around his tummy and he’s been going back and forth the bathroom since last night. He told me he barely slept because of it.

I’m not a doctor but I am pretty sure it’s just an indication of nervousness. Well, he kept on denying it though.

And believe it or not, even up until when we both reached the church, I had to nurse a sickly Kyungsoo. And not only in that had kind of business but also, he has thrown up a few times before the actual ceremony.

He was damn nervous. Much more nervous than I.

But he denied it a hundred times. He never admitted he was nervous, he kept on blaming me for making him drink soda again the other day. Which is soooo way out of the picture.

Sometimes, he ends up looking stupid for being too denial.

Well, that’s the story of my romantic wedding day prep. Very romantic right? I wasn’t even supposed to meet him until the altar but I just had to assist him the whole time.

Well anyway, he’s now my husband. That’s my responsibility as his wife. Wow, it feels nice to finally call myself like that. . .

 

_ _ _

After the ceremony, we together with the guests went straight to the restaurant of our choice.

Kyungsoo couldn’t eat. Our flights later tonight and he said he’s worried about his tummy. I can’t believe being a nanny is a part of being a wife now. If he learned how to depend on me for the past almost two years of our boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, in just a snap, the moment we exchanged our vows, he depended on me ten times harder now.

Like in a millisecond.

It’s not like I’m complaining, it’s kinda cute.

“Just a bit. C’mon, you took out all of the food you ate during breakfast.” I hush while his back. “Maybe later. I still don’t feel well.” He mutters back with his unwell expression. He grabs his glass of water and drank it instead. I barely had a chance to chit-chat with the guests but good thing, Hana and Soomi saved me and entertained them instead, walking around their spots in this small VIP room.

“You won’t throw up, I swear. Just eat.” I still try to persuade him. I grab his fork and start twirling an amount of pasta from his plate that he hasn’t touched. Before I could lift the fork up, he covered his mouth with his hand while looking at me. He shakes his head like a kid having tantrums.

I am already dealing with a kiddy tantrum this early. I became a wife a few hours ago.

Wow.

“Just five bites and then leave it.” I said while lifting the fork up to his covered mouth. “Two.” He mumbles. “Four.” I start bidding with my serious face. “Three.” He doesn’t give up. “Alright. Three big bites.”  I said. “No, portion wasn’t part of the deal. Take the big away.” He answers back. “Kyungsoo, don’t be such a kid.” I sigh as I lean on my chair sideways to face him.

I’m on my beautiful Sunday dress now, I need to stay compose and beautiful.

I don’t want to end up nagging on this pengu-kid.

“I will eat later, I promise.” He said and turns away. My shoulders fell as I give up. I put the fork down to his plate again and just move closer. “I’ve never been the center of attraction of our close acquaintances all together in one place before. It made me very uncomfortable earlier. Don’t be offended, I am very happy to marry you but I wasn’t feeling fine the whole time as I give my vow. I am to apologize.” He finally admits.

“You don’t need to.” I put one hand in between the lower back of his chair and waist and another on his lap. “I understand. I was nervous too. I ju—“I wasn’t nervous. It’s different. Nervousness signifies lack of buoyancy. It wasn’t like that, I stayed as confident as I should always be. Intelligent people don’t get nervous, they just feel uncomfortable with normal people around because the levels are so far from each other.” He explains while blinking hard.

 “Whatever. I’ll pretend I understood you and I’ll pretend you’re not being egoistic when you said that.” I mutter earning a glare from him. “Don’t make our first few hours as a married couple with arguments, there might be a high-risk that we end up doing it forever. I don’t like it, stop it.” He muffles in worry. I shot him a look and tapped his cheek. “Then stop your mouth from moving, they might hear you and think you’re saying they’re stupid.” I mutter back and look down to my food to avoid his eyes.

“Are you mad at me?” He turns soft real quick and pokes my arm. I take a bite on my food not responding on him. “Okay fine, they’re not that stupid.” He tells and that’s when I looked at him. “Not that stupid?” I ask back while raising an eyebrow. He looks around. “Not stupid.” He tells and leans his forehead on my shoulder indicating he’s already admitting defeat. That finally made my lips curve up into a smile.

“Ppoppo.” I order and he looks up again. “There are people.” He mutters and glances around. “Who just attended our freaking wedding so you shut the hell up and kiss me.” I mouthed back. Our eyes meet and he gave me a soft peck on the lips. The moment he did, his lips finally curve up into his adorable smile.

I am still overwhelmed and high of the fact that he is now officially my husband.

 

The next day. . .

Now being married, we’ve decided to continue living in my condominium instead. As the tradition goes, we initially planned to start our family in his house, of course he’s the man in the family. But he said he wanted me to keep my father’s gift to me which was my house.

It was so nice of him.

‘Cause truthfully speaking, I was really reluctant to give it away knowing it came from my late father. I wanted to keep it. I was very thankful that Kyungsoo has probably read my mind and decided on that. I didn’t want to be too controlling of him and so I just waited for him to decide on that alone.

And luckily, I didn’t have to wait for long.

At the moment, we are now preparing for our three-day honeymoon trip in Bali. Our flight’s later at ten and I was almost done packing up. Kyungsoo has packed up last night—being the organizing geek he was—and beat me into it. He’s even the one who assisted me on how to pack nicely, I was so embarrassed at first.

I am the woman, I should know the better.

But oh well, he’s THE Do Kyungsoo.

“Aren’t you done yet? We should be there at least two hours before the boarding.” He speaks. He was lying slanted on the bed while I pack up near his feet. “Just a little more.” I mutter while checking my necessities’ bag for the nth time. I don’t want to miss anything, three days is still three days.

“Why are you bringing sanitary pads? Are you serious? Do you have it right now? Then what’s the point of this honeymoon?” he asks while pointing at my kit. “It’s called being a woman. For emergency purposes.” I answer as a matter of fact. “Wait, you mean to say you don’t know your own cycle?” He asks. I stop packing and give him a defiant stare.

Is he going to lecture me about my own gender?

“Well MAYBE because I am sometimes irregular MAYBE because I am so stressed out of my nagger husband who is MAYBE very worried that he won’t be able to do what he wants if I would have it and MAYBE because I skipped a few weeks so I am expecting it soon to come so MAYBE you could just shut the hell up and understand me??” I ask.

“Well maybe you’re pregnant.” He answers and I just give him a glare again and put the necessity kit down. “Why? We did it last month and there is a possibility.” He answers. “Oh shut up. Just stop talking.” I roll my eyes before continuing with my packing up. “I do think I have a point. What’s so wrong about that?” He asks back.

“I’m not saying it’s wrong but we used protection that time so please, just stop with your over-thinking for once. I’m not yet pregnant and let us at least adjust on our marriage, alright? We agreed on this so stop thinking about babies first.” I answer. “Protections only work ninety-five percent of the time. We might be of the remaining five percent.” He speaks and I put my hands up trying to calm myself down.

“Do Kyungsoo, could you please go out for a while because I won’t be able to finish packing up until your mouth is out of my sight.” I grunt. He stands up casually, he darts his eyes at me from head to toe. “WHAT.” I glare. “You’re pregnant.” He said and even snaps a finger before starting to walk away. I grab a pillow from the bed and threw it hard on him. He winces and turns to me. “You are very pregnant.” He only repeats. “Could you just stop? I said I’m not. I’m totally fine, I would know it if I am. This is my body.” I said.

“Which is mine too. And the one’s inside it is mine too.” He tells with his growing smile. I clench my fists while glaring hard at him. Could he just shut up? He’s freaking me out and I don’t want to panic right now. I am trying to shrug the thought off because I am feeling normal and well, nothing new. He’s over-thinking always gets me in trouble. Particularly, in false hopes.

“Could you just stop because it’s not funny anymore. You talk so surely.” I said. He then faces me completely again and he looked serious this time. “What is so hateful about it then? If you’re pregnant, do you know how happy I would be?” He asks. “I’m not saying it’s hateful but it would just seem so fast. Too fast, Kyungsoo. We just got married yesterday.” I explain.

“It’s your fault anyway. You got my ity, you think it would still be avoidable?” He asks back. The hell? “What’s the connection??” I ask and threw my arms up in frustration. “My system got legitimately active and much more competent to bring into being genius spe—“Oh stop that! I don’t want to hear it.” I said and cover my ears.

 “Fine! You are not pregnant. Well anyway, I shouldn’t have assumed your hot flashes specify pregnancy. It might also be premature menopause. Sorry for your early loss of distinction. Hurray, we’ll never ever have a child because you got old too early, why did I marry an Ahjumma. I should have seen this coming. Go ahead and take care of cats instead but don’t expect them to be cuter than I. I feel remorseful for you.” He exclaims before opening the door.

He gives me one last glare. “Be fast. Bali is waiting for me. I can enjoy it single-handedly; you bring a cat if you want. After all, you’re a menopause patient; I should be considerate of your symptoms. You might have lost hope already. Cats’ purrs are better than my words of aptitude, right? I so love you right now that I hate myself.” He tells lastly before storming out of the room.

He looks so angry. I’ve never seen him that exploding before.

But it was still the cute kind of anger he always gives me.

“W-what—YAH!” I shout in anger when he mentioned menopause. I flop down the edge of the bed while staring at the door that just banged loudly. “Am I pregnant. . .” I ask myself and my hand unknowingly reaches my tummy. I look down to it and my heart starts pounding fast.

The difficult thing about this situation is that I know Kyungsoo tends to over-think because of his excessive intelligence and at the same time, I know he’s that smart to know and confirm things just by one looking.

And there’s only one way to find out.

But whatever comes out as a result of what I might be doing, I think I would keep it to myself first until this honeymoon ends. I want to enjoy these three days with him as a newly-wed.

Now, I’m so nervous. I want burger with fries. Wow, I upgraded.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the irrelevant chapter. LOL. I've haven't slept since last night and I just got home from a travel and I got travel-sick cause the car smells like , you know that kind of feeling when you hate how a car smells that it makes you sick and want to throw up the effin whole time? That one. 

P.S. Yes, we're kind rushing in the time-line of this story since I want this a bit longer than I have expected it to be (and it seems like you guys want this baby longer. Right?) and want to include their family life and so on and so forth. So if you would arrive at a sudden time hop at some point of this story, please understand. Don't worry, Iseul is too talkative for you not to understand their life despite the skips. She'll surely chit-chat about it still, even if we skip some years. LOL