Goo-goo-gaa-gaa

Mind Over Matter

 

He bought five pregnancy tests.

FIVE.FREAKING.PREGNANCY.TESTS.

He needs to ing chill.

I look at my husband with my insolent expression while having a hand on the back of my hips. “Tell me, why five?” I ask while putting the tests in my hand all together. “One might not work well, then another one, then another one, then another one. At least we have one more to use if such incident occurs.” He answers with full of confidence. “Seriously.” I stare with my incredulous face, I didn’t not even get what the hell he just said.

“What? You know how to use this right? You can read on the box’s back portion. It doesn’t mean you need to urinate five times, see.” He shows me its back but I just push his hand down. “I know I know. Just—aish, go away. You are so not needed here.” I grunt and open the bathroom door. He only grins. “You are so pregnant.” He said which made me flick my tongue in annoyance.

I give him one last look.

“Then what if I’m not? You will get mad? You won’t talk to me? You’ll divorce me?” I ask. He frowns back. “Why do you always over-think? Stop doing that, it’s irritating.” He grunts back and walks to the bed. “Wow~ you actually know how I feel every single day.” I mock and he shoots another glare at me before flopping down the bed. “I’m just saying.” I scoff.

“Urinate now.” He nags and I look at him in disbelief. “What the hell, do you own my bladder now too? You think would come out if you tell me to it out of my system in a snap?” I ask and just lean on the door frame. I just drank water a few seconds ago, I’m still waiting to feel like peeing, alright. “You need to stop cursing now. Our baby hasn’t developed its ears yet but is already being surrounded by vulgarity which I am pretty sure would not come out of his or her father’s decent and faultless mouth.” He tells.

My goodness, I want to strangle him right now.

“Tch, you curse on your sleep.” I scoff. “I do not curse on my sleep, alright. If I do, I’d know it.” He answers back. “I just said ON YOUR SLEEP. You would not know it. Your brain’s shut down when you’re sleeping.” I said. He puts an index finger up. , I’m dead. He has his professor-face all of a sudden. It was as if I am a student who just failed the most important examination of her life.

I immediately regret I even mentioned the word brain.

“May I just address that unreliable opinion you alleged about the brain shutting down because if you fail to remember, you married a neurobiologist who studies about all of beings’ brains in a daily basis. I just want to correct you, the brain is much more active whe—“I NEED TO PEE. There it comes, it’s already gushing out, wah!” I cut him off before stepping back into the bathroom and shut the door closed.

I groan in irritation and flop down the edge of the sink.

I glance my watch.

I take long to actually pee after drinking.

Knock knock.

I roll my eyes and make a blowfish. “Can’t I pee without you lecturing me there??” I shout. “If you’re still not peeing right now, I swear you love me more than I do and I will agree and then you will get hurt and say I’m unfair but I will only respond with a laugh because I found it funny and then we’ll spend this whole honeymoon without any because we’re on a war mode.” He tells back. That made me bite on my lip as I was caught red-handed.

I walk back to the door and crack it open.

“More water?” He offers a bottle of water right away. I grab it right away while still nibbling with my lips. I open it and start drinking. “You only had two gulps of water, didn’t even finish the whole glass.” He tells. When I was done, I gulp down while putting back the cap on the bottle. “Kyungsoo, I know you might be excited, I am too but if ever it’s the other way around, I hope everything stays the same. Alright?” I ask back into my serious mode.

His face softens.

“Of course. We’re not rushing.” He agrees with a smile. “But I’m still fighting on it. You’re pregnant to me as long as those tests show me otherwise.” He adds and pinches my nose. I just give a nod and move close to him for a hug. I wrap my arms around his chest and look up to him. “Kiss kiss.” I mutter and he leans down immediately to give me a lingering kiss on the lips.

I feel his hands moving down my and give it a warm .

I shiver as he does it pretty passionately, his lips still on mine and we’re starting to French it out.

I whimper from the steamy sensation of the action and just had to pull away when I start stimulating. “Okay okay, I feel like peeing now~ this is real.” I laugh out of embarrassment as I push him off. “Was it the water or me?” He mocks and I just hit him on the chest before moving back into the bathroom. “Shut up.” I mutter in between chuckles before finally closing the door.

Okay, here we go.

 

A few minutes later. . .

I step out of the bathroom holding all of the tests in my hands. Kyungsoo looks at my direction automatically, he was on the couch at one corner. I heave a sigh as I walk to him. “What?” He asks with his hopeful eyes making me sigh once again. I flop down beside him and placed the tests upside down on the table across us. “Guess what. You’re not always right.” I mumble. He glances down the tests before looking back to me again.

We both lean on the couch with our sullen faces.

No one’s talking.

I just look back at him.

“Well anyway. . . you said we weren’t rushing right. . .” I sigh deeply and rest my neck on the head of the couch. He was still silent, I’ve never seen him this much speechless before.

AND I AM SO ENJOYING IT.

Yes you guys, you guessed it right. It’s actually positive. We’re parents!

He’s just so foolish to believe me in a snap. I bet he couldn’t even have the guts to see it himself that’s why he can’t touch the tests at all.

“S-so. . . it’s not?” I finally hear his voice after sometime. It was full of morose and I suddenly felt sorry. “I understand that it’s hard to believe so you can check it yourself.” I mutter casually and give my frowning face again. He just glances at it. I rub my tummy. “Maybe it’s just food huh?” I ask and made a obviously fake laugh which lasted very briefly.

I see his Adam’s apple go up and down as he stares at the tests.

He then grabs one which made my system excited.

Once his eyes meet the test’s result, I speak. “Or maybe not?” I smirk in victory when I saw his noticeably taken aback gaze at the pregnancy test he was holding. I watch as he immediately grabs all of the remaining tests with his hands, his eyes moving from left to right at the tests.

Which of course gave the same results.

They all had the word, Pregnant since they’re the digital ones. They even include the 2-3* which indicates the weeks of conception.

He puts them all down, a bit slower this time. He leans back to the couch and stares in space. What the hell is this reaction? “Kyung—“Ssh. . .” He cuts me off. He then closes his eyes; his fingers were curled in a ball. Gosh, is he alright? His chest was going up and down as well, he’s breathing rapidly. I move closer out of concern now. “Kyungsoo, are you alright?” I ask and rub his back.

What surprised me was when I saw a tear crawling down his cheek.

I couldn’t move for a second.

Have I ever seen a single tear out of him? Not yet. Yes, he almost cried back then when he brought me to his parents’ tombs but I barely even saw it. I’ve never encountered it full and heavy, like legit tears trickling down from his eye.

“Kyungsoo, hey. . .” I softly mutter with a light chuckle as I wrap my arms around his body sideways. “Weren’t you so sure about it earlier? Why do you seem so surprised now?” I ask. That’s when he covered his eyes with a hand. “Y-you try asking yourself. . .” He cries out. He suddenly looks like a kid and I start laughing out of guilt. “Hey~ I was just fooling around. Don’t be mad now.” I coo sweetly and lean my head on his shoulder.

“Honey.” I look up to him once again and push his hand down from his eyes. “Look at me.” I hush and grab him by the chin making him turn back. He was legit crying! O.M.G. I want to scream right now. He is crying!!! “Why’d you do that. . .” He groans with his shaky voice but he already shifts his body sideward to pull me into a tight hug. I just laugh while hugging him back. “Never expected you to cry, actually. You were already sure since this morning when we’re still in Korea, right?” I ask.

“Confirmation is different from an intellect’s exceptionally intelligent theory.” He mutters back. I just roll my eyes while chuckling. He still had time to praise himself while crying huh, seriously. He cuts the hug this time and grabs me by my face. “I love you I love you I love you.” He utters continuously which surprised me a bit. I had my eyes widen out as he gives me multiple pecks on the lips whilst saying those words.

I did not expect this much cuteness from him.

He places his forehead against mine. He was already smiling. I wipe his tears. “Very happy?” I ask and he gives me a nod immediately. “I now see you superiorly too.” He tells and I grin. “Wow, now it makes me feel better to be pregnant huh?~ I’m finally a superior being too.” I tell while chuckling. “For nine months only. You’re holding my kid for nine months only. You have a superior gene inside your womb right now.” He answers making me frown. I slap his chest but he only smiles back. “Alright. Half-superior, half-inferior. I forgot to give you credits; he or she is yours too.” He tells and again, I slap his chest. “Could you be a bit modest for once?” I grunt. “I understand. That’s the pregnancy mood.” He smiles and pecks me on the lips and hugs me again.

“NO! You are so annoying right now! For real! You just called me inferior. YAH! Don’t you ing hug me right now!” I exclaim while squirming away. “You’re so adorable right now. It’s so pregnant-like.” He mutters while tightening his hug. “And you’re so killable right now! I need to kill you, get off me!” I grunt back with so much anger.

I push him off and start hitting him. “Ouch! Yah—stop! I already gave you credits right—Aw! That is not funny—Iseul—stop!” I whine as I hit him endlessly on his arms and back. When I was satisfied enough, I stop and glare at him. He held onto the affected spots of his body and glares back. “Fine. I understand you want what’s best for our child.” He heaves a sigh. “Our child is a full-blooded superior. So don’t be worr—“YAH!” I push him hard this time that he almost fell.

“I can sue you, you know that? What you’re doing is spousal abuse and what I’m doing? It’s martyrdom. Because I would never hurt you back no matter what.” He tells and points while shaking his head.

I breathe heavily. Han Iseul, the luggage of patience. ing find it, find it! Finally, I take a deep breath while looking back at him. My face slowly calms back down as I realize I am in front of a Do Kyungsoo right now. Yeah, what do you expect. He can love me more than himself but still annoys and insults the hell out of me. I almost forgot about that.

I heave a sigh before giving out my sincere smile. “Are you calm now?” He asks and I nod right away. He smiles back and pats my cheek. “You didn’t apologize but I forgive you now. You’re pregnant, I should be patient from now on.” He tells and that’s when my expression turns firm again. “Do Kyungsoo?” I call softly. “Yes?” He asks back with a grin. “Could you get me food now. Go and buy for me.” I said sweetly. He stands up right away. “Alright but why?” He asks casually and picks his wallet up from the table.

I give a smile before frowning again. “So you could get out of my sight before I lose my patience again!” I shout which made him flinch while nodding eagerly. He immediately runs out of the hotel room like a scaredy cat. Once I was left alone, I went to the bed and flopped down. I stare at the ceiling and slowly, I found myself smiling. My hand reaches up to my tummy.

“We have a baby. . .” I mutter and I start fangirling deep inside. My heart was pounding so fast. That was until I hear the door open again. I turn and saw my husband’s head peeking into the door. “I shall only buy you enough food okay? Not because you’re pregnant means you will eat much more than you already do. That’s not healthy, okay?” He asks softly. More than you already do? Does he really want to die today? I give a fake smile. “Oh sure~ you go ahead now before you die and lose the chance to see your child be born.” I say calmly but he pouts back before leaving again.

He is so annoying but I can’t believe I am grinning again once he left.

Through this journey, this whole process of pregnancy I will be into. He’s going to be by my side. It might not be obvious at the moment because of my fuming state earlier but in fact, I feel the luckiest and most relived that he’s the father and my husband. He gives me that reassurance that I will be taken cared of—even if it would surely be overdone by him to the point of annoying me—and be pampered as much as I should be.

I am confident I will give birth to a healthy child.

No matter what he says, no matter how much he irritates me, I’m still lucky to have him as my husband.

You get to have a counselor, a husband, a friend, an enemy, a dream-come-true, a nightmare and not to mention a doctor without pay and with too much unnecessary information and prescriptions. He’s the most far-fetched husband material there could ever be.

Indeed, being Han Iseul, Mrs. Do is a combination of lucky and unlucky.

We're unluckily lucky to have each other. And we're parents! 

 

 

 

 

A/N: The time hop is the next already cause if we get too detailed and too into the whole pregnancy process or the first few months of parenthood life, it would be too redundant as I've already done it in my previous story (it's like I'm writing the same story all over again and I might lose the excitement in myself and eventually fail to write it beautifully lol) and it might not be as interesting as it could be. So if the time hop is a bit bigger than what you've expected, don't worry because it will still be explained and narrated clear enough( I hope so) for you to understand as if you've encountered all of the process literally. 

And who doesn't want a cute little toddler who can already speak words more than just mama and dada, right? 

Hope you enjoy!