Maybe it's just me..

It is never a good thing to judge..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Note: A small part of the chapter contains swearing. is not a good word. I put it under swearing. Keke.

 

“,” The voice suddenly popped up in your head. “Don’t be too happy. I know you’re not over him. Think about it. He loves me, not you.”

 

You let out a shaky breath while closing your eyes. There was a sudden chill, forcing you to rub your forearms for warmth.

 

Chihoon eyed you worriedly. “Cold?” You shook your head.

 

Chihoon had accompanied you – more to being your food taster – that night and you had forced Woohyun to have an early sleep since he didn’t look that well.

 

You hugged your arms tightly around you. “Isn’t it weird?” You slowly opened your eyes, tilting your head to glance at him. “How you had know me since the beginning but I don’t even know you..” You paused. “Weird huh?”

 

“H-Huh?” Chihoon was taken aback by your words; panic evidence on his face. “Why are yo– What do you mean?”

 

“I mean.. you could have just said ‘Hi, I’m Chihoon and I know you because Minhwan told me about you’ kind of thing right?”

 

Chihoon softly spoke. “Yeah.. It would have been better..”

 

You decided to change the topic. “My boyfriend has a new girlfriend..” You fake a laugh but it died down. Your head hung low, eyes sticking to the floor. “I should get over it.. It’s just that simple but it’s hard for me because I really love him.”

 

Chihoon stared at you, waiting for you to continue. You looked up and met his eyes. Tears were threating to fall but you held it in. Chihoon did the best thing he could have done or even the first ever he had done - he hugged you.

 

“How am I supposed to move on? That girl even seems possessive. She’s being such a B. No one is truthful. What? He just moves on with a girl like that? Why? Does he even care how I feel? I’m already heartbroken. Can't he see that I'm suffering because of him?” You managed to whisper under your breath after a few seconds of silence, “I know. I know everything.”

 

Truth is, you had a sense that what had caused L.Joe to be like that was – a memory loss. Woohyun had told you about the memory erasing liquid last time so you had a hunch it was the cause of it and the worst thing is that there weren’t any antidotes to it. Becoming a pessimist, you thought that maybe everything is for the better.

 

“Look,” Chihoon held you by the shoulders and made you face him. He couldn’t read your expression at all. “I’m sorry it happened this way.”

 

You heavily sighed, hanging your head down before getting your courage to push his hands away from you.”No, it’s okay.” You muttered.

 

“I know it’s not okay. I don’t ever want you to be like this. Every single day, you’re just faking a smile. Even if all the other guys have said it before, it just pains me to see you like this.” He lifted your chin up, staring directly into your eyes. “I didn’t plan for any of this to happen. Why can’t you see that I’m here? I can make you happy.” He inched his face closer to yours until you could feel his breathe on your lips. “I’m better than him.”

 

Seeing your confused face, he harshly backed away from you. “Don’t you get it?! Wake up ______!” Chihoon ruffled his his hair in frustration. “Ugh damn it ______. You’re just gullible!”

 

You stared up blankly at the ceiling in the dark. Everything was in a blank. Nothing really processed in your head. Flashes of L.Joe came into your empty brain.

Do I love him?

No. You’re just heartbroken. You’re sick and tired of him. Your alter ego replied.

But i know he still loves me.

That’s just plain sick. Can’t you see that he’d moved on with another girl?

He hasn’t said anything about it..

Come on. Move on. You’re planning to mourn over the loss of your ex-boyfriend?

Still..

What did Chihoon said? He’s here for you. There’s Woohyun too. There are others to choose. Snap your fingers and they’ll come to you. Are you wasting your youth over a guy like him? Grow up _____. You fairytale has ended long ago.

 

The sudden click of the door was heard. You closed your eyes automatically and pretended to be asleep. You kept your eyes slightly opened to see the intruder of the night. The light footsteps echoed through the silent room. You felt the person by your bed and there were no movements as you peeked from your eyes. Your heart was excelerating, waiting for something to happen.

 

*3..2..1..* you counted down in your heart.

 

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

 

The soft fingers soothen your hair, sending goosebumps down your spine. A finger then trailed down your features. You held back the urge to bark at the ert as he stopped his finger on your lips. You’d thought that he was done because he wasn’t touching you anymore but.. something soft was pressed against your lips. It stayed there too long for comfort and you fluttered your eyes opened. Instinctively, you pushed him off of you, making him fall hard on the ground, stunned.

 

“Y-Y-Y-You.” You pointed a finger at him while your other hand covered your mouth, stuttering in panic.

 

He froze at his spot. *. I got caught!* he cursed in his head. He sprinted out of the door in a flash, embarrassed as ever.

 

“I-He-Th-That..” you fumbled with your words.  “Oh god.”

 

“We’re having a combined class for physical ed today.” Your gym teacher announced.

 

Most of the students in the class groaned. It was the first time for a combined class but they predicted that it would be a boring one. Since the class is going to be twice the size, there won’t be any fun games to play that day.

 

“I don’t like combined class.” Ricky complained. “If there’s Changjo, I’ll be happy but he’s having math now.”

 

“What the…” you exasperately whispered to yourself as you entered the gym.

 

“We’re combining classes with Chanhee oppa!?” Lena squealed in excitement.

 

“Pinch me.” You mindlessly spoke. Lena pinched your cheeks as hard as she could, making you yell in pain, “What the hell. Lennaaaaaaa!”

 

“Kids. Since we’re doing this once in a blue moon, partner up with someone from the other class.” The teacher commanded.

 

“No way! I want to partner up with ______!” Ricky childishly protested, holding you close to him. “We are one.”

 

“Ricky, you’re being such a baby. There are others who would want to partner up with her other than you.” The teacher rolled her eyes. “Take Sungyeol. The two of you suit each other.”

 

“I want ______ to be my partner too!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

 

“Go on. Fight all you want. I’ve decided for choding Ricky and choding Sungyeol to be partners. If you two have any more protests, you can meet me in the detention room after school.” She smiled evilly at the two of them. “You.” She pointed at you. “I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter