Gone

Hello, My Baby!

 

Yong's POV
 
I didn't want to give up. I wanted her to stay but she let go. I couldn't remember doing something wrong. Why would she leave me like that? She had promised me that she wouldn't leave me. She had promised that she would always be there.
 
"I'm sorry, Yong." Ami's words kept on replaying in my mind. She's gone. She told me that she's never going to come back. She's going to live her life now.
 
"Dongsaeng, everything's going to be fine..." YongHae, my older brother tapped my back.
 
"No, it won't." I pulled my knees together and laid my head in between. "She's not coming back..."
 
"You haven't eaten anything for the past two days. What are you trying to do? Kill yourself?"
 
"I would be better off dead than not have Ami by my side."
 
"You must be kidding me! There are a lot of girls out there!"
 
"But there's only one Ami in this world, hyung. The only one woman who would change me and whom I would love. And that's Ami."
 
"What Ami did wasn't called love! She had hurt you, Yong! Stop running after her!"
 
"What do you know? Ever tried having a girlfriend for two years then be dumped with no particular reason?" I then stood up and stormed off to my room.
 
 
I slammed the door behind me. What's up with everyone? I thought. They have been persuading me to give Ami up.
 
She has been my girlfriend since junior high. We already went through a lot. My parents even wanted us to get married after college.
 
My family really liked Ami. Almost everyone wanted us to be together --- almost. Ami's parents weren't really voting for me to be their daughter's husband.
 
Wyh? Because Ami has been living in a high-class society while my family are just commoners. Her parents wanted her to be engaged with someone from their society. Yes, our story is already a cliche. As you could predict, her parents tried to separate us but they have always failed. Not until now. It seems like they have already persuaded Ami to leave me and start anew in another place.
 
"I don't think we're going to work out this time, Yong." Those were her words.
 
"Why?"
 
"You wouldn't understand if I told you. Right now. I just hate you, Yong. I hate you so much that I don't want to see you again." She turned around and started to walk away.
 
"What is happening to you?" I pulled her arm. "You promised me that you'd stay by my side. You promised to never leave me! I could make a living, Ami. Just let me finish college and I'll be the best musician in Korea. I'll prove to your parents that I could be rich. That I could give you a decent life."
 
"I don't need a decent life from you, Yong." She shoved my hand away. "I'm really sorry, Yong." She than started to walk. I stared at her back. She's slowly fading, leaving me all alone. She's never coming back.
 
 
 
A few days passed and everything is the same. I wake up just to feel all alone, sulk the whole day then go back to sleep without eating anything.
 
"Yong, I heard FNC Entertainment is holding live auditions this saturday." Hyung waited outside the bathroom door. When I finally went out, he handed me a flier.
 
"What am I going to do with this?" I stared blankly at the peice of paper.
 
"I thought you wanted to be a musician? Yah. This might be your chance!" YongHae hyung pat my back then started walking away.
 
"Auditions?" I breathed slowly. If I would be someone rich and famous, Ami might come back to me, right? "Ami, wait for me." I sighed. I really hope I won't be too late when that time comes.