Chapter 22

Can You Call This A Crime?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO; PRAY

The building was enclosed in darkness, your eyes struggled to form anything as soon as the door shut behind you and you were shut in the familiar walkway of cells. Not that you had been to this part of the prison, this was the side strictly for men, but it looked exactly the same as the side you had been locked away in looked. The torch you had been equipped with was flicked on and it's light shone down the hallway in front of you as you shivered. The boots you wore quietly echoed through the building and you heard a few inmates stir as you began walking down the hall alone.

"Officer? Is it mornin' already?" A gruff voice asked you and you shone the light into the cell.

"No, it's not, go back to sleep, 366" You whispered, he didn't look like someone who belonged in prison, but you couldn't just go setting a heap of prisoners free because they didn't look like they committed a crime.

"Ok, night officer" The inmate was grateful when no harsh words were spat at him and you gave his figure a sad smile as he turned to face the wall.

"Night 366" You sighed and continued down the long hall. Moans and groans could be heard, some were snoring and some whispering hurried words to themselves as they sat up on their bed.

"What are you doing awake 370?" You whispered, the person's build was familiar but a silent sigh of defeat slipped as an unfamiliar face looked up at you.

"Officer Kang, is that you?" He grunted and you nodded, playing along quietly with the prisoners daze.

"It is, what are you still doing awake?" You asked and he looked around at the bleak cell was keeping him in.

"I can't sleep ma'am, they haven't let me outside for what feels like months, I'm suffocating in here" He rushed out and you hand holding the torch faltered for a moment. The image of a scarred face, two small bodies, seemingly to innocent to be locked behind the rusted bars on the very top floor of a living nightmare.

"I'm sorry about that 370" You whispered, quickly looking around you as the convict stared at you.

"I'll try my best to have that changed for you, but for now, sleep. You know tomorrow is gonna be another long day" Your hand came up to the cell door and he nodded tiredly, laying on his back and staring at the roof above him.

"Thanks, officer" He mumbled and you sighed to yourself.

"No problem" You answered before quickly walking away. None of the people you were looking for were residing in the never ending hall. Only what felt like the thousandth sigh left you as a yawn came right after it.

 You looked down the path you had just taken, it was the only way back to where you started. With a stretch of your neck you lift one foot before the other and tried to quickly get back to the door you found yourself being shoved into by Shownu. A very little amount of relief met you at the door and your hand slowly pushed the door open and you stepped out, quickly locking everything the way it had been before hand. you rushed out to the front of the station, quickly going behind the desk and grabbing the first piece of paper and pen you saw.

Let prisoner number 370 outside every day starting today, if he seems like he will cause trouble, lock him in a separate area with the gym equipment.

Commissioner Bang.

Hurriedly you put the pen down and left the note in sight for whoever would walk in to see it and looked around you, you could see bags containing the items of every person behind bars in this place. You took cautious steps forward and found your number labelled on a container, there were still things in there that you could hear moving around as you pulled the container from the shelf. You looked into the container to see several pens that must have fallen from your school bag at some point. A few stray pieces of paper but most importantly you saw your phone and a charger.

It may not have been yours but you took it gratefully and shoved the items down your bra. You found the containers with the others numbers on them and pulled them down gratefully. You jumped in shock, almost dropping the container when you were met with a gun.

Of course, I.M would have a gun.

You didn't question why they kept it with his possessions but sat it on the table and shoved everyone's things any place you could within your body. You heard footsteps and in a sharp breath as you momentarily froze, you looked around you, making sure your bright hair colour was hidden under the hat you wore and quickly snatched Changkyun's gun off the table.

 The door handle moved with a click and you rushed to stand behind it as it opened. The white hair you saw before meeting eyes with Minhyuk had your shoulders slacking and your legs going weak.

"Minhyuk" You sighed in relief and Minhyuk chuckled as he looked at you.

"That impressive Yoora, simple but impressive, if I wasn't a criminal myself I wouldn't have thought of looking behind the door" Minhyuk smiled and you came out from your hiding place.

"Let's just get out of here" You sighed and Minhyuk followed you.

------------

"Yoora?" You looked up, hands on your knees as you looked at a frowning Kihyun.

"None of them were on my floor" You waved back down the stairs behind you and he nodded, walking towards you and pulling you stand up straight again.

"Let's check the next floor together then" He muttered and you nodded, feeling a little better with a professional hider guiding you. You followed him up a few more sets of stairs until you were on the floor above Jooheon. Like an expert, Kihyun unlocked all the locks keeping the door shut and pulled you in as he shut the door as silently as possible.

"You look on the left, I'll look on the right" He bent down to whisper in your ear and you nodded, flicking your torch on and lifting it so the light shone into the cells. You remembered the first time this had happened to you, they way you sat up from a sleepless dream to find an unfamiliar officer staring into the cell at you.

"Go to sleep 208"

"I can't sleep officer, how can you expect me to sleep on my first night in prison?"

"You'll need it if you wanna get through your first day, kid" 

The light shone on the sleeping men and you looked at the way they curled themselves up for more warmth. You flinched at the feeling of warm fingers travelling through your hand to link with your own. When you looked to your right, Kihyun was giving your hand a generous squeeze as he shone the torch into the sleeping inmates. You went back to concentrating on what you meant to do until you reached the end of the long hallway. The walk back was long as the light from the torch led the two of you back to the door and Kihyun shut it behind you quietly before taking your hand and walking towards the stairs again.

------------

"Yoora" You turned to the familiar voice whispering your name. He waved you over and you moved as quickly as you could to round the corner and come face to face with Hyungwon.

"Hyungwon, what's wrong?" You looked at the troubled expression on his face and Hyungwon took your hand, pulling you with him until his back was against the door to the stairs. You followed him and he shut the door behind him.

"Hyungwon what are you doing? We have to help the others find the boys" You questioned and he continued to hold your hand tightly.

"I know, but I have to tell you this now or keep it to myself forever" He responded, what was it that couldn't wait until you were out of here?

"You remember when you told your mother you love me and everyone heard it?" You nodded silently, there was no time to be embarrassed.

"Good, I have to tell you this now Yoora. In case we don't make it out of here and we're separated, you have to know that I love you too" He rushed out and you gasped. His hand rested on your cheek and his lips connected with yours. Hyungwon kissed you desperately and you responded just as desperate as him as your hands trailed up his arms until your fingers were gripping onto the newly died strands of hair. You gripped the gun in your  other hand tightly, moving your finger away from the trigger so no one would be harmed.

"This can go down as the worst confession in history, but will you be my girlfriend?" Hyungwon panted as he pulled away and you nodded with a smile.

"O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter