Power

Fairies and knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the sacrifice of ricardus, the knights were depressed. They feared to even imagine how many lives are they going to lose in this battle against evil. Nonetheless, they need to move forward, they cannot waste their sacrifices but succeed in eradicating the evil, specially that evil queen nadia.

The knights were worn out after the long journey. It felt as if this mission will never complete. Their exhaustion can be seen on their faces. Not only that, as they were beaten to death by the redcaps their body felt sore.That never stopped them from moving forward. The sun was no longer visible in the sky. It was completely dark. After teleporting through the help of kai, walking and flying with the use of their powers they entered a forest. The murky forest was even depressing to look at, as if it was discouraging them. Slowly, they were losing enthusiasm.

As if a glimmer of hope, they found an abandoned house in the middle of the forest. The knights warmed up as they were positive they are going to find something here. Chanyeol knocked the door, tried a few times but there was no answer. They tried to open the door and it turned heavy like a stone. Kai teleported around the house and confirmed there was no other way to enter the house. Of course, it will not be that easy they thought. Sehun used his wind power and shook the house. Something escaped in a blink of an eye and shifted behind the trees. Not wasting much time, they decided to go by the quotes expecting the quotes talked about him.

Kyungsoo pointed his sword towards the ground and searched for a tree with a honey comb. It was now time for sehun to use the power and gather the honey. Chanyeol created fire and they roasted some vegetables and fish suho brought from the nearby pond. A feast was spread to lure him in and they hide themselves behind the trees. Expectedly, the mysterious creature came forward sniffing his nose. Carefully he sat in front of the food and ate those calmly. As he was relishing the food, the knights caught him. “A brownie!?” raised baekhyun his eyebrows.

Brownie is described as a personage of small stature, wrinkled visage covered with short curly brown hair, and wearing a brown mantle or hood. They are said to inhabit in houses and aid in tasks around the house. They are similar to hobs or hobgoblins. They do not like to be seen and will only work at night, traditionally in exchange for small gifts of food. Among the food, they especially like porridge and honey.They mostly live in attics and holes in the walls. Brownies seldom speak with the humans but held conversations with one another.

The brownie was attentive and stood in a position to attack. Kai calmed him down “We won’t harm you. Please we need your help” he asked. His eyes showed sincerity and the brownie saw those desperate looks. The knights offered food for him and he accepted in exchange of the information of the swords.

“I am grasgror, the brownie of calm crovert, the name of this forest” he answered. The knights praised, as they were never attacked in this forest. “Can you help us?” asked chanyeol, his eyes brightnening with curiousity. “Oh yes, since you gave me something in return i will guide you” he explained. Their eyes beamed with happiness. Grasgror continued “It isn’t easy. You have to face lot of difficulties but looking at your appearances i can see that doesn’t stop you….. Here are the quotes.

 

Lake Avalon, your last and ultimate destination,

Forget about welcoming, there will be confrontation.

When a white light seperates into a spectrum of colours,

Silent lake will beam, unveiling the dark covers.

Helped the one who wielded the Excalibur,

A noble knight will only win, so meet you challenger

Swords will sing to him, its destined owner

Just and pure hearted man will be the true owner

Hence, powerful swords of your important ones will be handed over.

 

Knights thanked grasgror for giving the information.  He shyly asked for more food. Knights smiled and happily gave him a year worths supply of food. Kai teleported them to the address mentioned by the brownie, grasgror. They found a mysterious cave and entered it. After exploring it their eyes shone once they spotted the lake a couple of feets away. As they took a step further, their heads bumped into something which was similar to that of a glass. Soon they realized a glass structure was built around them. Knights were bewildered by this sudden trap. They stayed attentive. Wielding the swords they stood in position making a circle. Their eyes wandered, as they could smell the enemy. It was like a declaration of the war. What they saw was they were trapped in a glass structure. It was an effort to stop them to go near the lake.

Within a blink of an eye, they were surrounded by numerous spirits flying in the air. The knights were perplexed. They decided to tackle them with their powers. Each marched in one direction killing the spirits but they vanished when attacked and then reappeared. The knights were tired. “What do they want?” asked kyungsoo frustrated on fighting with them. “Don’t you think they aren’t attacking us?” asked sehun using his sword. They realized they weren’t attacking them, may be they are trying to protect them from going near the lake.

Suddenly, in front of their eyes played the scenes like a movie. Apparently, there lived a woman in that lake, who used to enchant and seduce the males, ultimately uses her power to trap them under a tree or a stone. Those spirits were the ones who fell under her trap and died. They are trying to save them by building a barrier to reach the lake. This cave was known as ‘the crystal cave’. Knights were touched by their concern and effort trying to save them but their goal is that lake and they can not back off now. “Now matter what we have to reach that lake. Please understand” pleaded chanyeol to those spirits. As if understood, the spirits stopped and disappeared together. Though they were left alone, the cave had not exit at all which would lead them to the lake. The knights have to use their brain in this and find the route.

The quotes grasgror mentioned appeared in their minds while searching through that cave. “A white light seperates into spectrum of colours” muttered suho thinking about the solution. Their eyes shone together when they saw that the transperant cave’s exit. It was like a transperant geometric figure which has two parallel sides. Individually they figured out and looked towards each other “Prism” they declared. The knights smiled brightly and huddled “Good work guys” cheered kai. “If we look at it there is a prism in front of us” explained baekhyun looking at the direction of the lake. Others agreed to that. “Yes, our powers will act like a strong of white light and then disperse” reasoned kai cheerfully. “And that refracted colourful lights will spread through the entire lake” sehun said excitedly. Without wasting time, they used their sword to create light. Together they created one bright white light; this passed through the prism and hence divided into a coulourful lights, spreading through the entire lake.

The lake beamed as mentioned in the quotes. The prism turned creating a path for them to enter it. The knights walked through the same prism and reached the lake. Ripples emerged through the lake and from it came a lady, beautiful and elegant. Her eyes resembled the water, her hair were pure gold and body alluring. No wonder she can enchant any male. She bowed to them “Welcome, I am lady of the lake avalon, viviane”.

 “Lady of the lake, the one who gave King Arthur his legendary sword Excalibur?” kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. Viviane smiled “You are right, that’s me. So i assume you are here to attain the powerful swords too” she teased. The knights felt awkward as they were well aware of her tricks. Viviane could comprehend their thoughts “I was bound by my duty so had to do such acts. My beloved was no exception. My conscience couldn’t let me live in peace so i drowned myself in this lake. I was revived because of your brave act. Please tell me what you need” she requested to believe in her. The knights trusted her “We are in search of the swords. We were told you are the only one who could help us” expressed baekhyun. Viviane agreed to his words.

She brought a pile of swords from the lake and dumped it on the land. “Please take any of it. There are swords with numerous powers” she explained. The knights denied her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter