Friends from the past

Fairies and knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luckily, the fairies and knights have made up after the misunderstanding caused by the strangers from Neverhigh but the situation hasn’t changed much as they need to perform on the stage. Looking for the music fairy, melody they reached the white hollows which were covered with the gardens of white flowers. The fairies and knights marched forward; upon travelling deep inside those gardens they discovered a beautiful house. It was huge. More importantly there were traces of fine arts, crafts and architecture. It definitely amazed them to see such fine art, crafts and architecture in fairy land other than the human world. Within a second they were attacked by an unidentified creature. What was upetting was they couldn’t see who it was. Ofcourse, they were not someone who could just sit back and be attacked by, they fought but no use as they couldn’t spot that creature. Suddenly, all they could hear was the faint sound of piccolo and the attack stopped. Fairies and knights wondered what was happening around and their eyes landed on a beautiful fairy who was delicate, her milky white skin was marvelous and her beauty was equivalent to those white flowers in the background. But she was weak and she fell down losing her strength. Before they could help her they were again attacked. That’s when they knew that somebody was protecting her. “Who??” she mumbled closing her eyes.

Suddenly they were surrounded by a group of unknown human looking people with big pointed ears and the fairy with a piccolo was taken inside. They were none other than the elves.

Elves are creatures typically represented as small, delicate, elusive figure in human form with pointed ears, magical powers and a capricious nature. They excel in arts and crafts, and are gifted with sharp senses, grace and agility.

Not being giving a single opputunity to talk, the elves gathered around to attack them and so were the fairies and knights in position to defend them. Before they could fight an elderly elf came forward and commanded them to stop. With that the other elves stopped themselves, but not their constant glares. The elder introduced “I am the head of the elves Hagen. Who are you?”. Sehun responded “We are in search of melody, the music fairy”. Hagen coughed a little “We don’t know where she is” he said and walked away with the help of a crane. Chorong shouted “Please we need to meet her….perhaps is the woman we just met was melody?” she asked. As if she hit the nail hagen stopped.  He turned around and called them inside the house. Naeun noticed the same fairy sleeping on the bed and went to touch her head but she couldn’t when the same creature protected her by shooting something at her.  Kai rushed to her side “Rose, be careful”. Hagen was surprised on hearing her name and gave a quick glance at the fairies and knights. He then let out a soft chuckle “I have really gotten old” he said taking a seat with the help of a male elf ‘gormon’.

“Have a seat fairies and knights” he said and everybody was susprised. “You know us?” asked suho taking a seat, for that he gave a slight nod “Who doesn’t?” he asked back giving a teasing smile. With that they relaxed. The music fairy woke up mumbling “Quietpine” she said getting up. Hayoung rushed to her side helping her get up but her protecter did not let her touch again “Who is it? she asked frustrated. The guys and girls were curious to know which creature was it that was so overprotective. “Quietpine?? Is that really you quietpine?” she asked. It is impressive as she was the only person who can see it or it was only revealing to her. Noticing the people around, the fairy got up and introduced “I am melody, the music fairy. I apologise on behalf of quietpine” she said. Her eyes popped out noticing the fairies and knights. Not only there was glint in her eyes but also tears and a bright smile plastered on her lips. Taking her steps she went near each of them “Sparks?? Breeze, rose, glow, misty and pearl…..and the knights…river, flare, speed, brown, whirl, gleam….i can’t believe i met you again” she said enthusiastically but instead got a weak response as the fairies and knights were silent and kept glancing her confusedly except naeun who was quite surprised “Yookyung??” she asked thinking of somebody she knew from the human world. On noticing her confused expression she apologized “Sorry, umm…I have mistaken, you look like a friend” she said embarrassed.

They settled down and explained everything. Upon talking to melody they realized she was a precious friend of the fairies from the past, technically she was their junior. Unfortunately, they couldn’t recollect that at all.That is the reason why warney hesitated when they requested him to take them to this place is what the fairies thought to themselves. Though they all were troubled by the truth of their missing memories but were happy to meet a friend of the past. The past which they don’t know. The same creature earlier threw them flowers for each as an apology. Kyungsoo asked in order to pat his head “Is it here? What is it by the way?”. Melody patted its head gently “It is an abatwa”. Before they could see it was gone again.

Abatwa is a tiny humanoid creature similar to that of an ant. They are said to be able to hide beneath a blade of grass and live in ant holes. They are said to live a nomadic lifestyle and continually on the hunt for a game. They are extremely sensitive and shy. They tolerate only being seen by the young mostly children, by magicians and pregnant woman.

A small elf came running and hugged it gently. Though it was tiny it was strong. While the fairies and knights eyed hagen while he nodded reading their eyes simultaneously sighing. Namjoo took melody’s hands “Congratulations” she said happily while melody was utterly confused. Not long after she suddenly glanced at the direction of the abatwa, quietpine and placed her hand on “I…am pregnant” she mumbled, tears flowing from her eyes. Her happiness could be seen on her face while others were happy too. “Why didn’t i notice?? This is the first time i have seen quietpine. It is my friend’s baby pet” she said gleaming. A sudden coldness surrounded the air and melody’s happy expression turned into despair. Baekhyun asked carefully “What is wrong? If you don’t mind us asking?”. Melody wiped her tears “My boyfriend ‘beat’ is missing. I was on journey to find him. He promised me he will return soon after the musical performance nearby but he did not return. When i was searching for him, i was captured by trows and ….”. She got up suddenly “That’s right, I should search for him. I need to go..”. Hagen stopped her “No…music fairy…. You shouldn’t. It is dangerous out there” he said. Everybody present over there was confused. “What do you mean? I need to find beat soon. I need to deliver the news that he is going to be a father. Let me go. Why did you bring me here hagen?” she demanded answers but he was silent.

Melody was furious and decided to find beat on her own. Her legs froze when she saw a woman at the entrance “Queen Renestnae….You are here? Do you know where beat is?” melody loaded her with questions. Renesnae calmed her down. The fairies and knights greeted her and hagen introduced them to her “She is the queen of the harmony paradise, renestnae. She is also mother of prince beat…yeah melody’s boyfriend” he expressed. “Do you know that beat is missing?” asked bomi and queen replied without any delay “He isn’t missing. He was captured and locked in a secret place”. Melody was bewildered “Who would do such a thing? And why? Beat is such a kind person. What will they get capturing him?” she asked. The queen sighed and gave a dull look at hagen and he responded “It’s time to tell her”. Queen nodded “Cyran has captured beat”. The girls and guys were confused not until melody mentioned “King cyran? But why would his own father do that?” she asked. This complicated story blew their minds as the prince’s father was the one who abducted him. Melody wanted the reason for that and queen knew it is no use to keep quiet “It is because beat will stop him from killing your child”. Melody was shocked and upset “Why?? His own grandchild? How does he know that i am bearing a child?” she asked suspecting as she didn’t know she was pregnant until today. The fairies comforted melody while she wanted to question king cyran but the queen stopped her “It was because of the prophecy made by your highness’s ancestral spirits that his grandchild will be destined to overthrow him from the majesty’s throne”. Melody was furious “And he thinks he can kill my child for an unknown prophecy which may not be true? Isn’t future unpredictable? How can we kill the happiness today just for the unknown tomorrow?” she questioned. Hagen agreed “That’s the reason we protected you as ordered by the queen” he said. Sehun spoke “Since the queen and the elves, who saved you got it then i am sure the king will understand too”. Kai agreed “Yes, until you try, you never know the outcome. As you said the future may change too”.  Suho stepped forward “First, we need to find beat and i am sure he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter