Awakening of the underground demon

Fairies and knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoo asked Nyssa, the dryads’ leader “Please tell us what we need to do”. Suho asked "Please tell us, fast". Nyssa agreed to help them and said

 

Enter the lair of the dark region

Pass the test given by the evil demon

The inhabitants of mines will show you the way

Release the creatures who are the ‘Devourer or soul eater’s prey

‘Hall of two truths’ is where it will lure

Success will come to the one whose heart is pure

Truthfulness and purity of heart is the cure

 Will be vanished, the ancient tree’s gloom

Forest will restore and a precious flower will bloom

 

Suho asked “Which way is the lair of dark region?”. Nyssa pointed at the ancient tree “Under the ancient tree”. They were shocked. Nyssa nodded “Yes, the dark region is under the ancient tree”. She performed a magic and the door for the underworld was opened. She warned “Be careful and all the best. I wish you succeed”. They nodded but naeun was crying “I am sorry…I can’t”. Apink held her. Chorong said “Naeun, we need to do this. Remember we need to help the creatures”. She nodded crying. She thought “The creatures are more troubled than me. I have to do this”. Kai held her hand “I can’t do anything to lessen your pain. I am sorry”. She hugged him “No, please don’t say that. You all are doing everything you could do”.

Sehun said “Let’s go guys”. Exo and Apink entered ‘The lair of dark region’. The moment they entered the underground they could sense the extreme dark forces and negativity around them. They started feeling weak but to the surprise no one attacked them yet. Naeun was in a terrible state her fears were overpowering her will but she kept shaking those thoughts, wiping her tears before it could fall. Apink and Exo were worried for her. Hayoung and eunji know the pain as they have gone through it. Everyone supported her. She smiled weakly and moved forward. They saw some blue flickering orbs of light at a distance. Bomi asked “What are those?” Chanyeol said looking closely “Those are bluecaps”

 

A bluecap is a mythical fairy that inhabits in mines and appears as a small blue flame. It is said that if miners treat them with respect, they will lead them to the rich deposits of minerals. They also forewarn miners of cave ins. They are hard workers.

 

A bluecap came near them and said “I am Rhea. Follow me”. Eunji asked confused “Where are we going?”. Rhea said “Don’t you want to release the innocent creatures?”. Baekhyun said “How do you know we are in search of them?” She said “We can sense you” .They followed her but everyone was busy thinking about the demon. Kyungsoo broke the silence “Who is this demon?”.

She said “She is ‘Ammit’. She has a lower body of hippopotamus, upper body of lion and face of crocodile. She is also known as the devourer or soul eater. She has other titles too ‘Devourer of the dead’ ‘Eater of hearts’ ‘Great of death’”. Exo and Apink gulped but naeun was busy in her own fear. She was shivering so much that kai’s hand which was holding hers was also shaking. Kai suggested “Close your eyes and walk with me”. She bit her lip controlling her tears and nodded. She did as he told. Rhea continued “Anyone who fails the test ammit gives them will be devoured by her. Once the ammit swallowed the heart, the soul was believed to be restless forever. This was also called ‘to die a second time’. She represents destruction”.

They were disgusted listening to this cruel story. She asked “Do you know about Artemis?”. Hayoung said “Not much but we heard from the dryads”. Rhea said “She was tested by ammit and has succeededtoo but she was dragged in the underground. She lost her life but she gave her everything to this forest in the form of the ancient tree”. Naeun cried listening to everything she said. Apink and Exo had tears in their eyes. Somewhere in their hearts they knew that this demon was not trustworthy. Though they may pass this test, she will not let them go but still they prepared to face the outcome.

They reached a small cave and rhea said “I can accompany you only till here. Just a few steps and you will find the creatures”. They thanked her and she left.  Exo and Apink found the creatures locked up. Hayoung said “There they are. So pitiful, how can she lock them like that”. Exo, eunji and Hayoung helped them out of the cage. Chorong, namjoo and bomi were directing the way to the creatures. Naeun cried for help when she was pulled into the ground by the evil spirits “No…..Speed!!! Help me….Speed!!!” .Kai screamed looking at her being pulled into the ground “Rose!!!!!”. He teleported and pulled her out. Naeun cried burying her head in his chest “Speed!!....Speed!!”. Kai could not see her in this state “Rose” he cried. “Rose, please….calm down…please”. Naeun said hiccupping “I am sorry speed. I always trouble you” and wiped his tears. He hugged her tightly “No”. The creatures ran in the direction they were directed to but stopped suddenly. They started making noises to alert them of the demon but they couldn’t catch the signal. The demon came from behind “Good to see you all”. Exo and Apink turned around. The girls were scared looking at the ugly looking demon. Ammit laughed “It is not easy to take them away from me”. She continued “You can release them only if you win the game”. She took them all to the ‘Hall of two truths’.

Exo and Apink were brought into a creepy looking hall with a throne and a tool looking like a weighing machine or a balance. Ammit asked “Who is ready to take the test?” Exo and Apink raised their hands. Ammit laughed “Good but i know whom to choose”. She pointed towards naeun “That fairy…I kind of like her”. Kai widened his eyes “Not her please”. Ammit laughed “If she is not taking the test you all will be killed”. Naeun said “I accept” with tears in her eyes. The other creatures cried looking at her. Kai cried “No…You are not doing this”. Apink and Exo cried. She closed her eyes and stella spoke to her “Rose, you can do it…believe in yourself….fight your fears”.

Naeun nodded and cried thinking “Mom, dad…I …I am coming to you”. She knows that ammit will not leave her just like how she did with Artemis. She looked at kai and others thinking “I am sorry speed and my sisters…knights…I am sorry…I have to do this for the creatures and for the fairy land”. She smiled with tears in her eyes. The girls cried “Rose..Nooo….Don’t do this please”.

She looked at ammit and said “I will take the test but promise me you will send them all out safely”. Ammit agreed “Okay”. Naeun said “Now!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter