Face to face

Fairies and knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fairies and knights have arrived to the jade isle with much difficulty. It was night when they reached the place. The island was silent, dark and cold. The water of the enchanted ocean submerged everything and there was no sign of habitat around. The fairies and knights continued their journey looking around the place. The water current was strong with high tides. The girls were flying but were tired too. Their wings started hurting. Kyungsoo suggested “Breeze, I think you all should just get down”. Namjoo agreed “I guess you are right”. The girls accepted and got down. They started swimming in the water too along with them. Bomi held on to baekhyun “Baek…” she mumbled closing her eyes. Baekhyun her head “Relax…bbom…you will be fine”. He created a light board and helped her get on that “Now you can be away from the water”. She nodded but gulped looking at the deep water No….i want to get out of here…..i want to go back…..mom…..dad….noo…..get a grip bomi…..I can’t trouble others anymore….but I am scared….everyone…..i believe in you all” she thought looking at them.

Eunji sighed “Where are those human looking fairies?”. Chanyeol agreed “According to the quote only they can explain us about what we need to do next”. Sehun agreed “Yeah, they are the only ones who can show us the way to the cursed peaks”. Kai turned around suddenly and gulped “Guys, we got a much bigger problem than that now”. Everyone turned around and saw the school of sharks coming their way and started attacking them. Sehun raised his sword and smirked looking at the hayoung who was gulping “Did you forget who your boyfriend is my girlfriend?” he said. Hayoung giggled “Of course not”. Kai teleported them to the safe place. Chorong flew up “Let’s show them our power”. Suho swam towards the sharks with others “Be careful my fairy” he said giggling at chorong while she blushed.

Hayoung created a light magic within her palms. Namjoo grinned “Get ready fishies!!”. Naeun shouted “Don’t hurt them please….but they are different somehow” she mumbled the last part. Kai saluted “Yes, my fairy”. She giggled and helped them. A shark came near bomi and hit the light boat created by baekhyun with that she fell into the water. Bomi cried “No!!! No….Gleam!!!!”. Baekhyun saw her and jumped with his sword. He pierced his sword into the shark which was ready to hurt her “You asked for this” he said panting. The shark was covered by the light and transformed into a human looking mythical creature. Eunji smirked “We know what to do now”. She created a sharp icicle and pierced into the shark’s stomach. Soon each of them killed a shark each and the creatures were all recovered in light and transformed. Kyungsoo was amazed “Ashrays!!!” he said looking at them.

 

Ashrays are the translucent water creatures often mistaken as sea ghosts, who look exactly like a 22yr old human. They are nocturnal. When sunlight hits them they turn into a rainbow colored pond of water.

 

Suho asked them carefully “Who did this to you?”. An ashray may be their leader said “Fairies and knights, first of all thank you for helping us. You know who did this too… I am liliac, the head of the ashrays. We were waiting for you”. She sighed “You need to help this island. Your enemy set the trap to end you all. You need to be really careful”. Kyungsoo asked “You are the one who can guide us to the cursed peaks. Please tell us what we need to do”. Liliac nodded “Here is your next clue”

 

Follow the way of the mysterious creeks

Thus will lead you to the cursed peaks

Beware of the seal’s magical trap

The evil deeds, needs backslap

Let the enemy be in an illusion of your weakness and her victory

Nothing will be repeated like in history

Emotion of ‘love’ is what you need

Like the goddess who showed her ‘love’ for her beloved

Remember the times you have been loved

Diving into the enchanted ocean is the only way to succeed

Everything will be fine when you take the lead

The soaring ocean will calm down and the isle will be at the rescue

When a heart with ‘pure love’ hits the bottom of this blue

A precious ‘pearl’ will be discovered, rare and new

 

Chanyeol asked “Goddess? Who is that?”. Liliac sighed and glanced at her friends. She continued “You know why that mountain is known as the cursed peaks?”. She continued when they shook their heads “There is a tragic story behind that. There was a goddess named Atargatis. She was beautiful and kind. When she was strolling around in the forest she met the prince of the jade isle. They both met few times and fell in love with each other but atargatis later found that he is betrothed to the daughter of the neighboring king. She couldn’t prevent their marriage but the prince’s love for the goddess did not lessen. He broke the marriage and ran for her. Both the lovers got together but the neighboring king ordered his men to kill the prince. The men attacked them at the mountain. They both fought them with all their might. The goddess enraged and tried to kill everyone but to her mistake she killed the prince. She was shocked, ashamed and hurt that she killed her own love. She asked for help and a sea nymph appeared from this enchanted ocean. The nymph asked her to jump in the water in exchange of her lover’s life. She jumped into the water without thinking twice. The prince survived but the goddess turned into a sea creature and lost her love forever. It is said that she would be dead but because the water couldn’t conceal her divine beauty and instead she took another form. Hence, their love was unrequited. Since then it is said that the mountain is cursed and then named as the cursed peaks”.

Fairies and knights were sad listening to the story. Liliac advised “You need to go now. The water level of the ocean is rising again”. They agreed. Namjoo asked them “The creeks? You mean the stream? But we don’t see anything here”. Liliac agreed “I know fairies and knights…but the stream is right in front of you”. Fairies and knights wondered as they couldn’t see anything there. Liliac observed their confused expressions and smiled “Fairies and knights, why don’t you use the magical words of love…you can see everything. We need to go now…goodbye” she said and left. Bomi sobbed quietly, placing her hand on trying to keep it down. Baekhyun observed her “Bbom!!” he called her slowly. She wiped her rolling tears and smiled weakly. She stared into his orbs and whispered “Baek…I am fine”. She continued as he was still troubled “I love you”. He hugged her tightly “I love you” he whispered. The others felt sorry for her as she was bawling her eyes out due to the fear of water.

Suho observed the stream near his legs “Guys…The stream!!...i got it…the magical words”. He grabbed chorong’s hand and said “I love you”. She blushed “I love you” she said shyly. The stream started to appear in front of their eyes. Kyungsoo jumped excitedly “Cool…let’s do this too namjoo”. Soon all said those magical words and the stream was clearly visible even when it was fully submerged in the water of the enchanted ocean. It was as if a transparent stream was flowing separately within the water. To their surprise there was no attack on them. They knew that it was a trap to drag them to the enemy’s hideout. They swam in the water for a longtime. Suddenly, something cornered them in water. Bomi cried when the water level rose covering them fully. She put her head up and screamed “No!!!!...No!!!”. Baekhyun was about to grab her hand but she was pulled away by some unknown thing “Bbom!!!” he screamed. Bomi shouted on top of her lungs “Gleam!!!!!”. Fairies flew in the sky and kai teleported the others within a second. They ran after bomi who was being dragged away. Namjoo yelled “What is that thing?”. Hayoung looked carefully throwing her light magic “The seals!!”. Naeun clicked her fingers “That was what said in the quote….but it also said seal’s magic”. Eunji froze the water with her ice magic “Now where will you escape”. Kai suggested “Gleam…get pearl out”. Sehun agreed “We will see what that thing is”.

Baekhyun threw the sunlight on the frozen water and pulled bomi out. Bomi hugged him shivering “B…Baek”. He comforted her “I am here…calm down”. Bomi thought to herself “I am really useless…I am sorry guys…as i thought i am just a burden to others…if only i weren’t here they could have completed the mission way before….i am sorry gleam because of me you are troubled today”. The fairies and knights fought with all their might but the seals disappeared suddenly. Kyungsoo asked panting hard “Where are they?”. They didn’t let the guard down but they discovered something else. Baekhyun said looking at the big mountain “Here we are ‘The curse peaks’”.To their surprise only the mountain was left untouched by the water right from its bottom.

Suho said “I understand the peak isn’t submerged but the bottom isn’t too? Strange”. Bomi felt relieved as there was no water. She breathed a sigh of relief after a long time. The girls helped her to sit on the rock nearby.Suddenly they were surrounded by the same seals. Fairies and knights took their positions ready to fight them but they were surprised when the seals transformed. Chanyeol was astonished “Selkies”.

 

Selkies live as seals in the water but transform into a human on land. There are both male and female selkies. Male selkies are described as being very handsome in their human form having great seductive powers over human women. A female selkie is said to be beautiful. They tend to marry humans, make excellent wives but th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter