Chapter 9

Arranged Marriage

Myungsoo was acting weird. More than his usual self, and it was killing me. The way he called me ‘honey’ at the flower shop made my insides twist, and not in a bad way. Dongwoon has called me ‘honey’ several times before, but the feeling that came when Myungsoo called me ‘honey’ was something that I didn’t feel with Dongwoon.

We arrived at grandma’s tomb and sat in the bench besides it. Myungsoo and I stayed quiet, looking at the flowers that we left for her. I was silently confessing myself to her like I usually do, and although I didn’t want to leave Myungsoo, I knew that he wanted to be alone.

“I’ll wait for you in the car”

I stood from my seat, and made my way back to the car. Myungsoo just nodded and kneeled in his grandmother’s tomb. I felt really sad to see him like that. Myungsoo was always a bright and loud person, and even when he wasn’t, his presence was acknowledged. The Myungsoo I met when we were kids was gone, and that hurt me a lot. Before his grandma passed away, we were always together, no one ever saw us without each other, and then everything went down the drain.

A few minutes passed and Myungsoo came back. He was quiet and sat there just starring at the wheel. There was tears in his eyes that was trying really hard to hold back, and I knew that it must have been hard for him during his grandma’s death.

“Myungsoo, are you okay?”

I placed my hand on top of his to let him know that I was there for him, and then he crumpled down. Tears started running down his precious eyes, and he gripped the staring wheel letting his body fall on top of it. I moved closer to him and took him in my arms. His body was shaking and leaning on me as he cried in the crock of my neck. It broke my heart to see him crying that soon tears were running down my eyes.

“I miss her….” Myungsoo whispered while my hand was rubbing his back in order to calm him down.

“I know… I miss her too.”

“Why did she have to leave me? She promised that she would say with me forever…”

“I’m sure she’s still with you… she’s probably watching right now, and I’m sure she’s proud of you.”

“She promised she was going to be with me on my wedding… she promised she was going to be here on our wedding… she promised to be here when I took over the company….”

“Myungsoo, don’t think about this now. You should be happy, because I’m sure she’s happy that we’re getting married, just like she said it would happen.”

“How am I supposed to be happy when she’s not here and you’re being forced to marry me? How can I be happy when you’re not?”