Chapter 27

Arranged Marriage

"Do you know each other?"

"Yes"-- "No"

I looked from Sungyeol to the doctor. Her name sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a finger on it.

"Mrs. Kim, I was informed of your current situation. I am really sorry about your husband."

"Ah, thank you. But, who are you?"

"Ah, how disrespectful from my part. I'm Kim Seolhyun-imnida. Doctor Kang left me in charge of your case while he's away."

"Ah you're my new doctor! It's a pleasure to meet you. Kim Naeun-imnida."

"The pleasure is mine. Doctor Kang told me you were scheduled for a sonogram today. If you're not too busy right now, we can go and get you all checked up."

"Then, shall we go?"                                

She nodded and made her way out of the room. I looked at Sungyeol and smiled at him.

"Shall we go?"

"Sure, let's go!"

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"If you look very closely on the screen, you can see the baby's head right here."

"Doctor-nim, is it possible to know the gender right now?"

"Not yet, the fetus is still in development, so it's hard to tell right now. But I assure you that by your 5th, you'll be able to know the gender, if not sooner."

I looked at the screen where the baby was shown. I was three months into my pregnancy and I still couldn't believe it. Soon, tears formed in my eyes and I started crying.

"Naeun-ah, why are crying?"

"Oppa, what am I going to do? What if Myungsoo doesn't wake up? What am I supposed to do then?"

He took my hand and gave a smile, although it didn't reach his eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Myungsoo would wake up. Do you think he would leave you that easy? You're the love of his life, I'm sure he wouldn't leave you just like this. You have to be more positive, if not, then how do you expect him to wake up?"

"Is not that I'm not positive, but it's been two months. The doctors said that he might not make it. He's not showing any improvements, and they don't think he'll wake up any time soon. What am I supposed to do if he doesn't wake up? I lost my mother, I lost my father not even a year ago, and now I might lose Myungsoo. How am i supposed to live without him?!"

"Naeun-ssi, please calm down. Your sudden change in emotions can affect the baby."

"Oppa, how am I going to live without Myungsoo?!"

"Naeun-ah, listen to doctor Kim. Let's not worry about Myungsoo right now, I know he would wake up, but think about your baby."

"Oppa, what if he doesn't wake up?"

"He would wake up, I know he would wake up. And no matter what happens, you have me and the others. I won't leave your side, not now, not ever. Alright? So, trust me, Myungsoo would definitely wake up."

He pulled me into hug and rubbed my back until I calmed down. My tears were staining his shirt as always but he didn't say anything. I stayed in Sungyeol's embrace until everything went pitch black.

Sungyeol's POV

"From the looks of it, she might have fainted, I'll have a bed prepared for her in Myungsoo's room. I'll also have to run some blood tests to make sure everything else is fine. Would you sign as her guardian?"

"Sure..."

"Then, I'll get the documentation ready. You can stay here until we get the room ready."

I saw as Seolhyun left the room, and I didn't try to stop her. I had a lot of questions to ask her but it was obvious that she didn't want to talk to me.

I looked at Naeun and couldn't keep my tears. Myungsoo was my best friend, and although he was in coma, it was more painful to see Naeun everyday faking a smile. I always tried to make her smile, but nothing really helped.

after a while, a nurse came in and told me that the bed was ready in Myungsoo's room. I carried her and took her to Myung's room and placed her in the bed next to his.

"Has she regained consciousness?"

I looked towards the door and saw Seolhyun coming in.

"She's still out. Is it normal for this to happen?"

"In her state of pregnancy, it shouldn't. I'll take some blood samples to the laboratory, just to make sure everything is alright."

The nurse came in and placed a tray  with a syringe next to Naeun. Seolhyun took it and began to take some blood from Naeun.

"Then, why did she fainted?"

"It might be due to stress. When was the last time she had a good sleep?"

"I don't know, she doesn't sleep much since the incident."

"What about her eating habits?"

"We usually have food from the cafeteria, or I bring something for her. But even then she doesn't it much."

"It looks that the lack of sleep, the lack of nutrients, and the stress she is currently in, is the the reason why she lost conscious. I'll give her an IV that would her with the nutrients she's lacking. For now, she should have as much rest as she can. When she wakes up, make sure you call the nurse and she'll call me. I'll come by to check on her after the blood results are done. Also, make sure she eats even if she doesn't want to. If she misses her meals, she won't get the nutrients she needs, and neither would the baby."

"I'll make sure she eats all her meals."

"Then, I'll get going."

She turned around and went towards the door. 

"Seolhyun-ah..."

I looked at her as she stopped in her tracks. After a second she looked back at me.

"Thank you... for everything."

"There's no need to thank me, is my job to help my patients."

She turned around and left the room. I looked back at Naeun and then at Myungsoo. 

"Myungsoo-ah, what should I do? You must wake up soon, or I won't know what to do with Naeun anymore. If you don't wake up, then I really don't know what Naeun might do. I would be by her side no matter what, but I can't replace you, and we both know it. Therefore, you must be strong and wake up soon so you can be with Naeun and your baby."