Chapter 6

Arranged Marriage

Today was my grandma’s death anniversary, and as always my parents didn’t remember it. Because of the dinner, I couldn’t go see her, but right after the dinner, I would go and see her. I was shocked to see Naeun wearing my grandma’s necklace, I never thought she was the owner of it. The necklace was similar to mine since my grandma wanted me to have something to connect us. The drive was quiet and I wanted to ask her about DongWoon hyung.

“So… are you okay?”

“What are you talking about?”

“SungJong told me earlier that you and DongWoon hyung we’re going out. Did you already told him? About our marriage?”

“Mhh, I meet with him earlier to tell him. He didn’t take it very well.”

“As expected from him. He probably hates me now.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Everyone knows that he dislikes me, and now that I’ll be marrying you… I’m sure that he’ll completely hate me.”

“Well, I don’t know what to say… have you been to visit your grandmother?”

“Not yet. I’m planning to go after dinner.”

“Would you mind if I join you? Today was a really busy day that I didn’t have time to go.”

“You…. visit her every year?”

“Mhh. I always go on her birthday and anniversary.”

“Really? How come I’ve never seen you?”

“Sungyeol oppa always tells me when you leave so that I can go.”

“So, you avoid seeing me?”

“Is not that I’m avoiding you, is just that I don’t want to bother you. You must want to have privacy.”

“You’re right.”

After that she didn’t say anything else. A few minutes after we we’re already in front of the restaurant. The outside was packed with reporters, and I was worried. I never really liked reporters, I’ve always avoided them for a reason.

“Why are there so many reporters?”

“Didn’t you know? Our parents brought them here.”

“Why?”

“They want everyone to know that we’re getting married. Let’s go.”

I got out of the car and went straight to Naeun’s side to open her door. I gave the keys to the valet and opened Naeun’s door. I gave her my hand and she climbed out of the car. Soon we we’re surrounded by reporters and the bodyguards had to interfere.

As we made our way towards the restaurant’s door, the reporters kept on asking questions about us. I have never payed attention to those questions and I wasn’t going to do it today either. We were almost at the door when one of the reporters said something that made me stop.

“Myungsoo-ssi, are you doing this just to help Naeun’s family? Aren’t you scared that she’ll take all of your fortune?”

Naeun also stopped. I wasn’t scare of her taking my fortune. I trust Naeun more than she thinks. I knew that the questions were bothering her, so I gave a little squeeze to her hand and continued walking to the door dragging her with me.