Chapter 11

Arranged Marriage

“Kim Myungsoo, do you take Son Naeun as your wife, to love her, respect her, and stand by her side in sickness and happiness, for the rest of your life?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Son Naeun, do you take Kim Myungsoo as your husband, to love him, respect him, and stand by his side in sickness and happiness, for the rest of your life?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Then by the power given by God, I declare you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

{Wait what? Did I really have to kiss Myungsoo? Do I want to? Does he want to? Do we have to? No one told me about it before, but I should have known! Son Naeun you are seriously really stupid!}

I was still immersed in my thoughts when Myungsoo took me by the shoulders, then he looked at me, and without notice, he crashed his lips into mine. As a reflex, I closed my eyes and I’m completely sure that Myungsoo smirked in the kiss. I heard the guests clapping, but it sounded very far away, and for some reason, I didn’t want Myungsoo to stop kissing me.

##

“Wow! I really can’t believe it! Son Naeun… ani, Kim Naeun kissed Kim Myungsoo. I, never thought I would live to see it!”

“Eunji Unnie, how many times do I have to tell you that I didn’t kiss him? He is the one that kissed me first! Besides, is not like he or I meant it. Remember that we don’t have any type of affection for each other, you just have a big imagination.”

“Alright, whatever you say! Keep on denying it, but we all know what we saw.”

After we left the church, Myungsoo and I took a car to the place where the party was going to take place, and I’m not going to lie, it was a very long awkward drive. After we kissed, Myungsoo pretended as if nothing happened, on the other hand, I was still thinking about it hours later. The party was about to end, and I, for obvious reasons didn’t want it to stop. I was not planning on sleeping with Myungsoo, and my only answer was to get drunk. So, I did.

“Naeun, are you really not looking forward to your honeymoon? Myungsoo is not someone to be ignored. He is like a walking God, I bet he is handsome even when he had just woken up.”

“Unnie, what nonsense are you saying? Of course nothing is going to happen between us! Myungsoo might be a God in everyone’s eyes, but in mine, he is just the guys I got married for my mother’s will.”

“Excuse me.”

“Oh! Myungsoo-ssi! What is the matter?”

“The elders are already leaving, Naeun’s father is looking for her.”

“Ah~ Naeun? I don’t think he would be able to see her… Unless he wants to see her drunk.”

“Drunk? Then, I would go send them of myself. I’ll come get her after, since its already late.”

“Mh~ Go take care of the elders, we would take care of her while you come back.”

After Eunji Unnie send him off, I stared into the glass of wine in front of me and then, drank all of it in one try. If Myungsoo wanted to have a proper honeymoon, then he would have to find someone else, because I was not going to do it.

I don’t know how much time passed, but my friends kept on talking and then Myungsoo came back. He exchanged some words with Chorong Unnie before he kneeled in front of me. I’m sure he was telling me something, but I was falling asleep and couldn’t understand a thing. Next thing I knew, he was carrying me in his arms and making his way out of the salon. He kept on whispering things all the way to his car that I could barely make out, and then I passed out in the back of the car with his arms around me.