Chapter 13

Arranged Marriage

I sat beside Naeun as we both waited for our flight to leave the airport. She sat there typing away on her fun and smiling from time to time, probably texting her friends. I sat there, playing games and stealing glances at her from time to time. I have to admit that she looked beautiful when she smiled and made a note to myself that I should always make her smile. Going back yesterday, I remembered when she walked down the aisle with her father. I might had seen her with the wedding dress on before but yesterday, she looked different. She looked radiant and I swear my heart leaped when I first saw her. Even if I didn't want to accept it, I knew that deep down my feelings for her were starting to grow. When we were kids, we used to play at each other's house all the time and at that time, I developed a crush for her. After my grandma passed away, I moved with Woohyun to France and decided that Naeun was nothing but a stupid childish crush. However, when I first saw her once again, I remembered that reasons why I liked her in first place. Her smile was everything I could have wanted to see when I was feeling down. She was the person I wanted to be with when my grandma passed away, but unfortunately couldn't. I look down at Naeun and find her already looking at me.

"Mianhe, what did you say?"

"I asked if you were alright. I've been asking you about our itinerary at Jeju."

"Oh, I'm alright, just thinking. Don't worry, we won't be doing anything that scares you, just leave it all to me."

"Are you sure?"

"Sure. Why don't you try to sleep for a while? You must be tired from last night. Besides, the plane would take off in a bit."

"Alright. Now that you mention it, I am kind of tired."

She looked for a comfortable way to sleep, laid her head in the plane's window and closed her eyes. I stayed looking at her until her breath got even showing that she was already asleep. I took the blanket sitting in her lap and covered her up.

------------------------

I woke up as the assistant was coming down the row saying that plane would land in a few minutes. I looked besides me and saw Naeun with her head laying on my shoulder, I stirred trying not to wake her up but lamely failed.

"What happened?"

"The plane is about to land. You can go back to sleep if you want."

"Ani, I'm already awake. Did you sleep well?"

"Me? I didn't sleep at all."

"Liar. I woke up and you were asleep. You should have covered yourself with a blanket if you were cold. You get sick very easily and yet you don't take good care of your body."

"Alright omma, I'll take better care of my body."

She laughed and hit my. I couldn't resist myself and laughed with her. After a while we both quieted down and I took the opportunity to tell her something.

"You know, you should smile more often. I love it when you smile."

She glanced at me and started blushing. After a few minutes the plane landed and we took our things and got down. As we waited to get our luggage, Naeun kept on glancing at me from time to time. I pretended not to know and kept on doing my own thing.

"What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Well, you keep on looking at me like I have something on my face. Is there something wrong?"

"Ani... is just that.."

"Just what?"

"You...were you being serious? When you said that...?"

"When I said that I love it when you smile?"

She instantly blushed but nodded her head.

"I was being serious. You have a really beautiful smile."

She blushed as our luggage came out. I grabbed my stuff and her stuff and made my way out of the airport. She quickly and quietly followed me out and then stayed like that all the way until we reached the hotel.

As I reached the front desk with Naeun behind me, the lady offered me a smile. At some point during our conversation, she started flirting with me.

================

The lady at the desk in the hotel started flirting with Myungsoo instead of signing us in. It was aggravating me because we weren't going anywhere until we got the key for our room, and she was flirting with my husband like I wasn't standing right next to him.

Because I was aggravated, I stepped besides Myungsoo and linked my hand with his.

"What?"

"Just... can you not take too long? I'm really tired from the plane, I just want to lay in bed."

"Arasso, I'll be quick."

He looked down at me and smiled. Then the ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead. While he was doing it, I glanced at the lady at the desk and saw her sulk in her place. That better teach her not to come close to my man.