Chapter 28

Arranged Marriage

I woke up in the middle of a room. The light was so strong that it took me a while to focus my vision. I looked around and found myself in an empty room. The white walls stood proudly surrounding me.

“Myungsoo-ah…”

I looked around looking for the voice, until a door opened.

“Grandma? Is it you?”

“Of course, it’s me.”

“Grandma!”

I ran towards her and took her in my arms. I started crying and she wrapped her arms around me.

“Grandma, I’ve really missed you.”

“I know, I missed you too my kid.”

“Grandma, why did you leave me? You promised to stay with me forever, and you left me.”

“I’m really sorry. But let’s not talk about that! Let’s talk about you and Naeun.”

“Naeun?”—I sobbed in her embrace.

“Ne, you two look beautiful together. I knew it was a good match.”

“We… we got married."

"I know, she looked beautiful that day. And so did you..."

"I am really happy with Naeun, I truly love her."

"And I don't doubt your love for her. When I first saw her, I knew she was the one for you. I'm glad you're happy with her."

"Grandma.... Please forgive me"

"Why?"

"I haven't paid you a visit since my wedding. I'm really sorry..."

"There's no need for you to apologize Myungsoo. I know you have been busy, besides, you have someone you love besides you now. It is time for you to let go of me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Myungsoo-ah, your heart was full of resentment until Naeun showed up. I know you blame your father for my death, and that has made your relationship to part ways. You have made your decision based on me, based on what I wanted, based on what I liked. You should let go of me for good."

"Grandma..."

"Myungsoo-ah, it is time for you to go back."

"Back?"

"Yes, you've been here long enough already. It is now time for you to go back to your life."

"What about you?"

"I can't go with you, I am already dead. But you should go on, and continue with your life."

"I don't want to leave you."

"See, you're thinking of me again! Myungsoo-ah, you need to go back to Naeun. I'm sure she misses you a lot, besides, you have a duty to fulfill."

"Duty?"

"Did you already forget? Naeun is carrying your child."

"Naeun... is pregnant?"

"Of course! That's why you have to go back to her. Myungsoo-ah, I hope you go back to your normal life. I hope you forget about me-"

"I can't forget about you. please don't ask me for that..."

She removed me from her embrace and took my face in her hands. She smiled at me and then placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I will always be with you, but now you have to think only of your family. You have to think of Naeun, and your baby, that's your priority now."

"Grandma..."

"Myungsoo-ah, you've grown a lot. I am proud of you. You have become a great person, and not to mention handsome. I will always be with you, don't forget it..."

She smiled back at me and then she disappeared.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Oppa, Myungsoo just moved."

"Naeun-ah, I think you're seeing things..."

"Aniyo! I know what I saw! He really moved, I know he did."

I tried to open my eyes but struggled. I heard voices, I recognized Naeun's but the other one wasn't clear. I tried to open my eyes again, and was blinded by light. I closed my eyes and grunted.

"Oh? Myungsoo-ah, can you hear me?"

"Oppa, go call the doctor!"

I felt someone hold my hand then squeeze it.

"Myungsoo-ah, the doctor would be here soon. Please hold on."

"Na...Naeun..."

"Myungsoo-ah can you hear me? Can you open your eyes?"

"Mrs.Kim please step aside so we can check him."

"Doctor, he talked just now."

"He did? What did he said?"

"He called my name."

"Kim Myungsoo-ssi, can you hear my voice? If you can, please move your fingers.

I did as told and tried to move my finger again. I assumed I accomplished it when I heard a voice.

"He really did moved!"

"Doctor, does that mean he can wake up again?"

"Since he can hear and move again, then it is possible. However, we can't say anything yet until he opens his eyes. It might take a few hours or a few days until his brain starts to coordinate with his brain."

"Then, would he be alright?"

"Yes, these type of symptoms are normal in patients who wake up from a long term of coma. However, you must keep an eye him at all times, and if he talks again or opens his eyes, you must call me or one of the nurses immediately."

"I'll follow your orders."

"Then, I'll take my leave."

The room went quiet, and then I heard the voices again.

"See? I told you that Myungsoo was going to wake up."

"It's a relief..."

"Don't cry, you'll see that Myungsoo is going to open his eyes soon, and everything would go back to the way it is."

"I hope he does... I really need him with me right now."

I felt light-headed, and soon found myself asleep

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

I woke up to the sound of the door closing, and soon someone was beside me.

"Myungsoo, please wake up. I miss your voice, your laugh, your smile, and your beautiful eyes that shine at the sight of food."

Naeun giggled as she hold my hand.

"Please, open your eyes."

She kissed my hand and I felt as something fell in it, my best guess, was that Naeun was crying. I promised her not to make her cry, I promised her that I would never say or do anything that can make her cry, and I had broke my promise.

I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't do it. I tried again, and after many unsuccessful tries, I finally opened my eyes.

I was greeted by a strong light, but soon got adapted to it. I looked besides me and saw Naeun resting next to me.

"Naeun-ah..."

She looked up and soon tears were streaming down her face.

"Myungsoo-ah!"

She stood from her seat and went to the door to call for the doctor. Then she came back to me and hugged me.

"Naeun, I'm sorry. I broke my promise and made you cry."

"Ani, don't apologize. I'm happy that you're now with me."

She moved away from me and took my face in her hands. I placed my hands in her face too and removed her tears.

"I'm never leaving you again. I promise you."

"Kim Myungsoo, I love you."

She smiled at me, and then placed her lips on mine.