Chapter 24

Arranged Marriage

"Naeun!"

"Oh Eunji!"

"Where's Myungsoo?"

"As soon as we arrived to the party, Sungyeol stole him from me, leaving me alone. I walked around trying to look for you but I couldn't find you."

"Mianh, I just got here. By the way, have you told Myungsoo?"

"Aniyo..."

"Why? He deserves to know!"

"I know, but I don't know how to tell him."

"Naeun, you need to tell him before it's too late. Besides, I'm sure he's going to be happy about it."

"But what if he doesn't?"

"It's a child Naeun, every parent would be happy to hear that."

"I'm scared..."

"There's nothing to be afraid, Myungsoo is a great guy. And I'm totally sure that he's going to be happy about it since it's your child too. Even from far away anyone can tell that Myungsoo loves you, and knowing that you carry a baby with you, his baby, he'll be totally happy. You should tell him as soon as possible. I'm going to leave you so you can think about it, I have to go save Hoya from that spider he's with, I'll see you later."

After Eunji left me, I decided to look for Myungsoo and tell him about the baby. However, he bit me to it.

"Myungsoo I've been looking for you. I have something to tell you."

"Naeun, can't it wait? We have to get out of here, now."

"Why?"

And then everything was a mess. People were screaming, horrified screams, and as I paid more attnto my surroundings I saw a couple of men with guns in their hands. The guards at the door where on the floor and the armed men started yelling at the guests. I looked over to Myungsoo who's face had gone blank.

"Myungsoo, what's going on?"

He didn't answer , but instead took my hand and dragged me towards the door.

"Now where do you two think you're going?"

Myungsoo for froze in place and I stopped too. His hand tightened around mine and then the he turned around and pushed me behind him.

"What do you want?"

"You know what I want, don't act stupid."

"You have no right to be here. You and your men are not welcomed."

"I didn't come to hurt anyone, I just want what is mine, what was promised to my boss. I'm sure you were informed. I came to pick up the little princess, my boss has been waiting for her quite a long time."

"Over my dead body! You're not taking anyone out of here, not now, not ever."

"Why don't we make this easier, you give me the girl, and I save my bullets?"

"Why don't you take your men and leave before the police gets here?"

"And where's the fun in that? Just give us the girl and we'll take our leave."

"What makes you think I'm going to give her to you?"

"Naeun-ssi, do you know why your father married you to Myungsoo?"

"It was my mother will."

"Is that what your old man told you? Ha! Did you really believed him? Did you know that you were offered to the best bidder?"

"Myungsoo, what is he talking about?"

"Don't listen to him, he just wants to mess with you. Leave her alone, she has nothing to do with this."

"Your father made big mistakes in the past, and he also made big debts. Your marriage with Myungsoo was not an accident. Did you really think you married him to help your company?"

"SHUT UP!"

Myungsoo's body was rigid, and he had a look that could kill.

"Myungsoo? What is he saying?"

"Your father received a good amount of money from the Kim's, but it wasn't to save the company, it was to pay off what he had promised to my boss. Do you know what that was? You."

"What?"

"Your father had offer you to my boss in exchange of a loan to build his company. In other words, he sold you. And now you belong to my boss."

"I told you to shut up!"

Next thing I knew, Myungsoo was on the floor fighting with the guy. The armed guys started to move towards us, but before they could get closer, I saw Sungyeol oppa and a few other friends of Myungsoo stopping them. Punches were thrown here and there and I was paralyzed. Some guests started leaving the place, and Eunji was soon by my side.

"Naeun, we need to go."

She took my hand and dragged me out of the reception. I saw some police entering the building, and then gun shots were heard. I tried to go in again, but was stopped by Eunji.

Tears were running down my face as the paramedics went inside the building. Sungyeol came out of the building, blood was in his hands and shirt, and his face showed sadness, tears visible in his eyes. And then my world stopped completely when I saw Myungsoo laying in a stretcher with blood all over him. I pushed Eunji and away from me and ran towards Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo! Myungsoo? Can you hear me?"

"Ma’am, we need to move him to the hospital. Please let us through."

"I'm going with him, I'm his wife."

I took Myungsoo's hand on mine and looked at him.

"Myungsoo, listen to me. You have to be strong, alright? You're going to be okay."

"Na..Naeun.. I...lo...ve..you. Don't.... For...get..."

"Ani, Myungsoo you can't leave me. You're going to be okay, I promise. Please, you gotta be strong, don't do it for me but for our baby."

"Ba...baby?"

"Oh~ we're going to be parents. So, you have to be strong for our baby, okay? Promise me that you won't give up."

Myungsoo's eyes started to close and I gripped his hand stronger. A tear rolled out of Myungsoo's eyes and I leaned forward to kiss him. And then I whispered the words I never thought I would say to him.

"I love you"