Chapter 17

Arranged Marriage

"So, did anything happen between you and Myungsoo?"

It's been a month since Myungsoo and I returned from our honeymoon and since Myungsoo told me he loved me. I was shocked at his confession, but he proved me that he did loved me. He was also understanding when I didn't say anything to him, and promised me that he would do anything to make fall in love with him. Whenever he would kiss me, my heart would start beating fast and I didn't want him to stop kissing me, but I wasn't sure I loved him. 

"Why do you want to know?"

"So something did happen between you two! How did it happen? Is he really that good?"

"I've heard, that he's like a beast. Is it really true?"

"Those are all lies! That person... Kim Myungsoo, is like a watermelon."

"Watermelon? Why a watermelon?"

"Kim Myungsoo is hard on the outside, but he's really soft on the inside."

"How do you know?"

"I've seen it. When he's near his parents, he turns cold and it's hard to speak or get some sense into his head. However, when it comes to his grandma, he turns really sweet, like when you give candy to child. That's why I say he's like a watermelon."

"He must have treated you very well, seeing how stupid you look talking about him."

"What are you saying?"

"You have a smile in your face that I've never seen before. Are you really sure that you don't have feelings for him?"

"Eunji unnie, I'm already going crazy by myself, so please don't add more things to my head."

"Well, I'm just stating the obvious. Naeun, I know Myungsoo was your first love, and I just want to know if your feelings for him have born again. Since you are now married to him, it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Unnie, is it wrong to feel something for him?"

"Not at all. It's really normal to feel excited when talking about him."

"Then, does Chorong unnie have feelings for Sungkyu oppa? She's always happy when he's around."

"Yah~ Song Naeun! What are you even saying? Does that even make sense?"

"It does make sense! And I'm not Song Naeun anymore, but Kim Naeun. Have you forgotten?"

The girls laughed at me and we continued looking around the mall for something to buy. I was going from store to store looking for a gift that would suit Myungsoo. Since I didn't give him anything on his birthday, I wanted to buy him something not only for his birthday, but as a 'thank you' for taking care of me when I was drunk. I was looking at some watches at a store when my phone rang.

-Hello?

-Oh, Naeun-ah

-Appa! What is it?

-What do you 'what is it?'  I haven't seen you in a week. How have you been?

-Everything is fine.

-What are you doing?

-I'm out with the girls at the mall. Why? Is there something going on?

-Ani, what you doing later tonight?

-There's nothing planned.

-Why don't you and Myungsoo join me for dinner? Is been a while since I last saw you, I need to check how everything is going.

-Alright, I'll tell Myungsoo about it.

-Then I will wait for you both at my house at 8, arasso?

-Ne~ appa, I love you

-I love you too. See you later!

I hang up and asked the sales person at the store to pack for me a black watch that I thought would fit perfectly with Myungsoo, and then I left the store. The girls and I had coffee for a while and then I left. I picked up a lunch box from home and went to see Myungsoo at the company. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, what can I help you with?"

"I'm here to see Kim Myungsoo."

"What is you name Ma'am?"

"Naeun, Kim Naeun"

"Ah~ you're the CEO's wife right?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"Then, the CEO's office is at floor 35. Once you get there, his secretary would lead you to his office."

"Thank you."

I made my way towards the elevator and bumped into Sungyeol oppa.

"Oh, Naeun. What are you doing here?"

"Ah~ I came by to bring lunch to Myungsoo. I wasn't sure if he already had lunch and decided to come by. Besides, I have something to tell him."

"Seeing you like this, I'm jealous of Myungsoo.”

"Why is that?"

"Well, Myungsoo has the looks, he has the company, and he has the girl."

"Oppa, you shouldn't be jealous of Myungsoo. You pretty much have the same things. Oppa, you're really handsome, you also have your family company, and you are really tall."

"Yah~ being tall isn't everything! I, like every men, need a girl. Myungsoo is happy even if you're mad at him! I need a girl that would love me even when I'm doing stupid things."

"Oppa, have you found that girl?"

"Well, you can say so...."

"Then? What's the problem?"

"That girl, hates me."

"Why? You're really sweet and responsible... well sometimes."

"Yah~ I might be a choding, but I know when to be a gentleman."

"But, why does she hate you?"

"Well, last time I saw her, we had a fight. But she mostly hates me because I've hurt her before."

"Oppa, it sound like you really like that girl."

"You can say that.... but I haven't seen her in years, so I don't know if she still hates me."

"Well, if you find her, then good luck!"

Sungyeol oppa smiled at me and I smiled back. At that moment the elevator stopped at Myungsoo's office floor and we both got down. Sungyeol oppa led me towards Myungsoo's office and barged into it without knocking first.

"Yah! Lee Sungyeol! You must be older than me but it doesn't give you the right to barge into my office like that!"

"Myungsoo-ah, I love you too. But I brought you a gift."

Sungyeol oppa moved to Myungsoo's side and then he finally saw me.

"Oh, Naeun. What are you doing here?"

"Ah, well, I didn't know if you already had lunch so I brought you something to eat."

"I walked to his desk and placed the food in it. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and he just smiled. 

"Hyung, can you leave us alone?"

"Why? I just got here! I want to play with you!!"

He was back to being a choding. I laughed at Sungyeol oppa's cuteness and just shake my head.

"Hyung, I told you that I was going to be busy all day. Either way were going to hang out together tomorrow."

"Arasso, I'll leave... but just know that you're breaking my heart right now."

He turned around and left Myungsoo's office closing the door after him.

"You too are really best friends."

"Of course we are, but sometimes he acts like a jealous boyfriend. He needs to find that girls soon! That way he'll leave me alone."

"That girl, do you know her?"

"Seolhyun-ssi? Ne, Sungyeol used to be around her back in elementary. They were always bickering that it was hard not to notice them."

"Is she pretty?"

"From what I remember, she's really smart, and very pretty too. But it's been so long since I've last seen her that I don't know how she looks now."

Myungsoo took the food that I placed on his desk and made his way towards the couch that was placed near the window in his office. He sat down, placed the food in the table in front of him and then patted the seat next to him, inviting me to join him. I gladly walked and took my seat beside him.

"So, what have you been doing today?"

"I went out with the girls."

"Shopping?"

"Ne, then we went to have coffee."

"Did you have fun?"

"Of course. I have to enjoy all my free time before my father hands me the company."

"You know that I can handle your company too right? You don't have to work."

"I know. But, I don't want you to have to deal with too much work. I bet you have enough work here already."

"It's alright. But, if you need help, you know you can call me right?"

"Of course. By the way, until what time are you working today?"

"Well, I don't have an hour, but I can leave if I need it. Why?"

"My father called me earlier and wanted us to have dinner with him today. Well, if it's okay with you."

"What time?"

"He said that he would be expecting us at 8."

"Then, why don't we leave right now and we go get lunch?"

"Lunch? You just eat what I brought you and you're still thinking of lunch?"

"I am a man! I require lots of food."

I smiled at him and nodded. Myungsoo called his secretary in and called everything he had for the next few hours. He then took my hand, kissed my cheek, smiled at me, and dragged me out of the company never letting go of my hand.