Chapter 30 {Final}

Arranged Marriage

"Myungsoo-ah, calm down. I'm sure Naeun is alright."

"Then, why are they taking so long?"

"Yah! How can they not take long? She's giving birth, it's a hard procedure! "

"Do you think she'll be alright?"

"Of course! Seolhyun is the doctor in charge, and I'm sure she'll do a good job. Don't worry too much, seeing you worry makes me stressed."

"Hyung, I hope you feel like I do right now one day."

"I don't think I'll feel like you any time soon..." 

"Why? Are things not good with Seolhyun?"

"She doesn't want to get married, at least not any time soon..."

"Why? I thought you two were getting married as soon as you found each other."

"I also don't know, she doesn't want to tell me anything. I just know she doesn't get married."

"Hyung, you should get married soon, if it's not to Seolhyun, then, marry someone else."

"I don't want to marry someone else, but that might be my only choice if Seolhyun rejects me. My father already found someone to marry me off, and if I don't get engaged to Seolhyun soon, then I'll have to marry someone I don't know..."

"I'm sure things would turn out fine one day, you just have to give it a little time."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Congratulations Myungsoo-ssi, it's a girl."

"A girl?"

"Ne, and she's very pretty!"

"When can I see her?"

"Right now she's being checked, but you'll see her later today."

"What about Naeun?"

"She's also fine, just a bit tired. Right now she's being moved back to her room. "

"Then, can I see her?"

"Ne, she would be happy to see you."

"Myungsoo-ah, congratulations my friend!!!"

"Thank you hyung. Can you call the others and tell them Naeun and the baby are fine?"

"Don't worry, I'll call them. Now, you should go see Naeun."

I nodded and left Sungyeol and Seolhyun by themselves. I took the elevator to Naeun's room, and then knocked on the room's door. There was no response, and made my way in.

"Naeun-ah..."

She looked my way and smiled

"Oppa"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm tired and sleepy."

"Then, you should sleep and rest."

"And the baby?"

"Seolhyun said that she's fine."

"Have you seen her? She's beautiful."

"I haven't, but I bet she looks like you."

"Well, what can I say? I was born beautiful."

"How can I disagree to that?"

I took Naeun's hand and kissed her forehead.

"Naeun-ah, thank you"

"For what?"

"For everything. I haven't been this happy before, and it's all thanks to you."

"Don't say it, I'm your wife and I'm supposed to make you happy."

"Then, it's my turn to make you happy. Just tell me anything you want, and I'll get it for you."

"Alright..."

""Naeun-ah... I love you."

"Me too, Kim Myungsoo."

She gave me a sleepy smile, and then closed to eyes, dossing off to dream land.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Ommo!! She's so cute!!!"

"Woohyunie, can't you lower your volume?  You’re going to scare her."

"Hyun, I might be loud but she won't get scared by me. She'll be scared by you when she can't find your eyes!"

I was currently outside the newborn center with the rest of the guys. They wanted to see the baby but weren't allowed into the room, therefore we were just watching her from outside through the window.

"Myungsoo-ah, have you decided on a name?"

"Ne, we picked it before."

"What is it?"

"Yein, Kim Yein"

"I like it! Who thought of it?"

"Naeun did."

"Good thing she picked it and not you, you would probably choose a really odd one."

"Good thing she picked it!"

"I have something more important to say!!"

"What is it?"

"Who's going to be the godfather?"

"Of course it should be me! I'm Myungsoo's best friend!"

"Sungyeol-ah! What happened to your manners? Of course the oldest one should be the god father!"

"Hyung! You can't even see!"

"Yah! I CAN SEE!!!! JUST BECAUSE I HAVE SMALL EYES DOESN'T MEAN THAT I CAN'T SEE!!!!"

"Actually, Naeun and I decided to choose someone that is already married."

"Married? But no one of us are married besides you!"

"The thing is that we had already chosen Sungyeol & Seolhyun-ssi."

"Sungyeol? But he's not married!"

"We thought he was going to get married before Naeun gave birth, that's why we had chosen them!"

"What are you going to do now?"

"We decided to go for the older ones..."

"Meaning?"

"Sungkyu hyung and Chorong-ssi...."

Soon, everyone was ranting none stop. I looked at my friends and wondered how I ended up with them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I looked at the clock besides the bed and sighted.

“Its 3am, she’s barely been asleep for half an hour… why can’t she sleep all night like a normal person?”

“Because she’s a baby… I think she might be having nightmares…”

“We shouldn’t let Sungyeol hyung take care of her again. I bet he spent all day watching horror movies again…”

“Alright… at this rate she won’t stop crying. Oppa, just bring her here, we should let her sleep with us just for tonight.”

“Arasso…”

I stood from the bed and made my way out of Naeun’s and I’s bedroom towards Yein’s room across the room.

 “Yein-ah~ why are you crying? Appa has to work tomorrow, let’s sleep quietly for tonight alright?”

I looked at the crying baby and took her in my arms. I took the blanket with me and went back to my room. As I entered Naeun had the lamp next to her on and was making space for me to put the baby.

“Oppa, would you be alright if she sleeps here?”

“Of course, don’t worry. I have to make the sacrifice, it’s my daughter after all.”

“Oppa, has anyone told you that you look so cool when you acts as a father?”

“You are the only one that thinks like that~”

She laughed and took Yein away from me. Naeun started to sing her a lullaby and I joined her a few times, soon after Yein was soundly sleeping. Naeun placed her on the space between us and I covered her with her blanket.

“We should go back sleep, it’s already late.”

We both laid down besides Yein, each one on each side of her to prevent her from rolling down the bed.

“Oppa…”

“What?”

“I am really happy.”

“Why is that? Is it because you’re married to the most handsome man on earth?”

“Ani~ but you really are the most handsome man on earth.”

“Then why?”

“Yein-ah came to us like a miracle, that’s why I’m happy. I have a handsome and intelligent husband, I have a beautiful daughter, and I have the most weird and awesome friends. I have the perfect family, there’s nothing else that I can wish for.”

“There is something that can make it even better”

“What is it?”

“A baby~”

“What~? Yein is not even one and you’re already thinking of another baby, oppa you really are something!”

“What’s wrong with wanting another baby? I love Yein, but she needs someone to play with, we won’t be there for her all the time. Naeun-ah, we have to think about the future.”

“Oppa, don’t you dare to try something or you’re dead!”

“Arasso! I won’t try anything…. For now~”

“Just go to sleep~”

Naeun turned the light off and I soon fell asleep.

*******************************  

🌺A year later🌺

"KIM MYUNGSOO I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! YOU BETTER OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!"

"Are you crazy? Do you think I'm stupid? Why would I open the door when you're trying to kill me?"

"YOU SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE AND ACCEPT YOUR MISTAKES!!"

"What mistakes?! I really don't understand why you're trying to kill me when I didn't do anything wrong!!"

"You didn't do anything wrong?! IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT I ENDED UP PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!"

"There's nothing wrong with that! I was just thinking of Yein, besides, now that Yeol is getting married, he can be the godfather of our new baby. Yah~ do you know how much he earns now? He is earning four times the amount he used to before. It would be a win-win situation for us!"

Naeun didn't yell back at me, actually everything went silent. I gathered my courage and opened the restroom door. I slowly poked my head into our room until I saw Naeun crying in our bed.

I sighed and made my way towards her.

"Why are you crying?"

"How can you be so happy? Yein is sick, you're working like crazy at the company and now I'm pregnant, how can you be so happy?"

A month ago Yein got sick and we ended up at the hospital. After a few study's, the doctor told us that Yein had a heart condition. We were all broken, but Naeun locked herself away for a week. It worried me to see her like that, that's how I came up with the idea of another baby. The doctor told us that Yein's condition was severe and we had to expect the worst. We were told that we still had some years with her and not to worry to much, but that of course didn't ease Naeun.

"Just because Yein is sick doesn't mean that we can't be happy. I know that I can't think like this but, if one day Yein leaves us, I don't want us to stay depressed forever. I don't want you to distance yourself from me again, I don't want you to shove me away from you, not again. I want us to be happy, I want you to be happy."

"Is it really right for us to do this?"

"I know it's hard for you to accept this because of Yein, it's also hard for me, but we have to accept the reality. We have to be happy for Yein, we have to give her the best life we can for as long as we can, that way she and us can be in peace when she leaves."

"Are you sure? What if she feels like we don't want her anymore?"

"She won't feel like that, I promise. I will treat both Yein and our new baby the same, I will love them both the same."

Naeun looked at me and I smiled at her. I took her face in my hands, wiped her tears, and then wrapped my arms around her in a hug.
*******************************

"Do you Lee Sungyeol take Kim Seolhyun as your wife, to love her, protect her in sick and pain and share the rest of your life with her?"

"Yes, I do"

"With the power that was given to me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the wife."

I covered Yein's and Naeun's eyes as Sungyeol hyung kissed his bride. I was happy for him, after years of seeing him lonely, he was finally getting married with the girl he loved the most. I knew he was happy with her, his stupid smile told me everything I needed to know.

After they broke the kiss everyone started clapping and we all made our way towards the ballroom were the real party was going to be. Naeun's pregnancy was more noticeable now, she had finally accepted the reality and was happy for our new coming baby. Yein couldn't be more happy either, she was soon turning two and she was excited knowing that she would have a sister/brother soon.

"Appa~"

I looked down at Yein and took her in my arms. To our surprise, Yein's first word was 'appa' and Naeun didn't like that, she was sad but soon taught her how to say 'omma'.

"Yein-ah~, where did your mom go off to?"

She looked at me blankly.

"Let's go congratulate uncle Yeol and then let's look for omma, okay?"

She smiled at me and I took it as a yes. Although Yein was sick, that didn't stop her from anything. Naeun and I let her do everything she wanted but we were really cautious when ran around or when she caught a cold. Her uncles also took good care of her, and always brought her chocolates.

"Yeol!"

"Myungsoo-ah~!"

He walked out way and wrapped his long arms around me and Yein.

"Hyung, congrats, you finally got married."

"It took a long time, but here I am."
Be stepped away and took Yein away from me.

"Yein-ah~ this uncle of yours will give you a cousin soon arasso?"

Seolhyun, who came at the perfect timing, slapped Sungyeol's arms.

"Ow~  what was that for?"

"Don't act all innocent, I heard you."

"Is not like I'm lying to her."

"Thank you for coming Myungsoo-ssi."

"You don't have to thank me. Sungyeol is my best friend, or more like my own brother, of course I had to be present."

"I'm glad you came, or else Sungyeol oppa would have ran off before the wedding started."

"Thankfully I came just when he was about to escape."

Yes, he was about to escape. I guess he was too nervous to get married, or whatever stupid reason he had, but he was ready to ran off, if it wasn't for me, he might had been on the other side of the world by this time.

Seolhyun looked at Yein and smiled.

"How is Yein doing?"

"Well, she's doing fine. There hasn't been anything off, but we still take her for monthly check ups gustatory are sure she's fine."

"And Naeun? Is she doing fine? I was actually going to ask her myself but I can't seem to find her."

"She's taking her pregnancy well, she has a few mood swings every now and then but besides that everything is fine."

"I'm glad to hear that. It might be hard for her because of Yein's condition, but if you support her I'm sure she'll get better."

"I'm doing my best to support her, I know it's more difficult on her since she not only carried Yein for nine months, but she also had a hard time when I was in coma. That's why I'm working from home now, so I can support her and be for her all the time."

"I'm glad to hear that. Lee Sungyeol, you should learn Myungsoo. If you're not good to me, I'll leave you, arasso?"

Sungyeol smiled at her and nodded. I smiled. We talked for a few minutes more but they had to leave and finish greeting the guest. Yein and I looked for Naeun everywhere. Just when I was about to give up, I saw her in one of the balconies.

"So this is where you were all this time."

She looked back and gave me a smile. Then she took Yein in her arms.

"Where you looking me?"

"We spent like an hour looking you, do you know how worried we were?"

"As if, you two probably assaulted the buffet table."

"How did you know?"

"I know you too well Kim Myungsoo."

"Indeed, you're my wife."

She laughed and turned her back to me. I stepped closer and wrapped my arms around her and Yein, and placed my head in Naeun's shoulder.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"Can you imagine how your life would be if we didn't have gotten married?"

"It would probably be boring and grey."

"Really?"

"Of course, I would probably be an angry boss. Although I would probably have Sungyeol to make me laugh, it wouldn't be the same without you and Yein. What about you?"

"I think my life would be depressing and lonely. If I didn't have you when my father passed away, I would have probably done something stupid. That's why I'm thankful to have you by my side."

We stayed there for a while. Not talking, just enjoying the moment. We watched as the sun hid behind the mountains and the stars lighted the dark sky. Soon Yein fell asleep in Naeun's arms.

I took Naeun's chin and placed a kiss on her lips.

"Naeun-ssi, you have no idea how much I love you. I am really thankful to your father, because he gave me his most precious gem to protect. I know I already promised you to protect you, but I want to promise you here, in front of our two gems, and with the moon and the stars as witnesses, that I will never leave you, I will stay with you until we both get old. I promise you that I will live you unconditionally until my last breath. Our marriage might have been arranged, but I know that our hearts were always true to each other."

I kissed her lips once again, this time a little longer.

"I love you too, Kim Myungsoo."