Chapter 14

Arranged Marriage

After registering at the hotel, Naeun and I stayed the rest of the day sleeping or watching movies. Mist of the time she would watch the movies while I slept for a while. After a couple of movies, we ordered dinner from the inn since we didn't want to go eat outside. We both sat in the bed and enjoyed our dinner while watching anime.

"Do we really have to watch this anime?"

"You watched movies all day, now is my turn to watch something that I like."

"But I don't like it. Can we please watch something else?"

"Arasso, I'll go shower so you can watch whatever you want."

I stood up from the bed, took a change of clothes and made my way to the restroom. After a quick shower, I made my way out and into the bedroom only to find Naeun already fast asleep.

"Of course, you fell asleep. You've always been the same. Ha, and you didn't even shower, but you're still as cute as back when we were kids."

I moved the plates from the bed, gathered Naeun in my arms, moved the bedding aside and placed Naeun back in the bed. She stirred until she found a comfortable spot in bed and just stayed still. I joined her on the bed and tried to stay away from her until she started mumbling in her sleep. I slipped closer to her wanting to hear what she was saying, and immediately regretted it. I moved my arms around her and brought her closer to me. I covered us with the blanket, laid my head on top of hers and slept with her in my arms.
🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
I woke up to Myungsoo's arms around me. I would usually scream or push him away from me, but found myself comfortable with him and he was profoundly asleep and didn't want to wake him up. I took, this time, to look at him properly and found myself amazed by his characteristics. His jawline was perfectly defined, his nose wasn't either too small or too big, it was perfect, his eyelashes were probably even better than mines, and his lips. His lips were something out of this world. You know in those romantic novels when they say that the guy's kiss would feel like heaven? Well, Myungsoo's kiss back at the wedding felt like being dragged into another dimension. I've always known Myungsoo to be handsome, but looking at him this close made me realize that he was beyond handsome. Everything about him was perfect. Because of my father's business, I've met plenty of men, but none of them can be compared to the man in front of me. 

I gently placed my hand on his cheek trying to not wake him up, but it was a failure. He stirred under my touch and slowly opened his eyes. He looked at me and our surroundings with a confused face before he realized where we were staying.

"You're already up. Did you wake up a long time ago?"

"Not that long ago. I was thinking about going out for breakfast, what do you say?"

"Sounds good. Just let me sleep for a few more minutes."

"Ani, you can't sleep more. We have to get up now, in not, then we won't have enough time to explore Jeju. I want to see the entire place before we leave."

"Arasso, where do you want to go first?"

"Well, first we go have breakfast, then we should go to Love Land. Bomi unnie told me that it was really beautiful there. She said that is a must visit place."

"Alright, then I'll get ready. You should go shower since you didn't last night and in the mean time I'll look for a place to have breakfast."

He removed his arms from around me and I instantly felt cold. For a minute there I wanted to cancel our plans and stay with him in bed all day, but that would have been weird if I actually said it. I got up from bed and went to get my clothes ready. After my shower, I went out of the bathroom and found a y Myungsoo sitting in bed while immersed in the laptop that sat in his lap. (A/N: stupid laptop! so jealous of it...) I sat by his side and took a peek of what he was doing.

"I looked online and found really good places to go eat. There's a lot of variety so it be difficult to choose. Is there anything specific that you would like to eat?"

"Not really. Why don't we just go to a random one? I really don't care where we eat, I just want to have breakfast."

"Alright then." He closed the laptop and put it aside. Then he stood up and held his hand to me. I hesitated for a moment, but then I placed my hand in his. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I ask you something?"

Naeun and I decided to have breakfast at a little restaurant a couple of blocks down the hotel we were staying at. We both went for a light breakfast since we didn't want to eat much since we still have to go visit Love Land.

"What is it?"

"Your mother.... do you miss her?"

Naeun stopped eating and stayed silent. At that moment I regretted it but then she looked at me with a smile on her face.

"Of course I miss her. Why do you ask?"

"Last night, you were crying and calling for your mother."

At my words she looked down in embarrassment.  

"I must have had a nightmare. Or probably just eat something bad. It doesn't happen often, mostly when something is bothering me."

"Do you thing about her a lot?"

"Not much, just when something reminds me of her. What about you? Do you think of your grandma often?"

I was taken aback by her forwardness, but just like her, I gathered courage and looked at her.

"When she passed away, she was all I would think about. I mostly wondered what my life would be like without her around, but as time passed, I stopped thinking about it. I would always think 'What would my grandma do?' but then realized that it was my turn to live my life and take my own decisions. It was time to do what I thought was right, and not what she would think was right. I haven't really thought of her until recently. The night we got engaged, you were wearing her necklace. And you still do.."

"Mianhe"

"It's alright. I have a similar one that she gave me one of the Christmas we spent together. When she passed away, I asked my parents for the necklace but told me they didn't have it. I looked in every corner of the house looking for that necklace, and years later here I am sitting in front of the person that had it all the time."

Naeun smiled and looked down as she blushed. I thought she looked beautiful when she smiled, but when she blushed she looked absolutely adorable.

"I think we should leave now before the park gets crowded."

Naeun looked at me and nodded. We paid for the food and made our way out of the restaurant holding each other's hand.