Chapter 18

Arranged Marriage

"So, what did you think of the movie?"

"What did I think? It was a good movie, the ending was very predictable, which was a killer for me."

Naeun and I were walking hand in hand towards the car outside the theater. After we left my office we went to a restaurant to have lunch while we picked a movie. Naeun wanted to watch a scary movie, I on the other hand, wanted to watch an action movie because, honestly, I was scared.

"What did you think of it?"

"Honestly, I didn't watch it. It was too scary for me since the beginning. I took a nap"

"I know you did, you were snoring."

"Really?! Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You looked cute."

"Don't I always look cute?"

"Aish... you're so full of yourself!"

"haha, don't worry! I might be cute, but you're beautiful."

She blushed and looked away from me. I love the way her body reacts whenever I do or say something to her. She is truly mesmerizing.

"Shall we go and meet your father now?"

"Sure"

I pulled Naeun closer to me and placed my arm around her waist. On the way to her father's house, Naeun kept on talking about the movie we watched, I would steal glances in her way and nod every now to let her know that I was listening, however, the only thing in my head was how good the feeling of her hand in mine was. I loved holding her hand, hugging her, and whispering sweet things in her ear from time to time. We have been married for two months, and I still can't believe how lucky I am to have married her. Every morning I wake up with Naeun in my arms and still wonder how was it possible that I ended up marrying someone like her. Every day I tell her how beautiful she is and how much I love her. Although she's never told me that she loves me, I know she does, she's just in denial, and I'm not going to push her. Every time I tell her that I love her, her eyes would sparkle in a beautiful way that I've grown to love. 

I was deep in thoughts when Naeun's phone went off.

-Hello?.....Ne, we're on our way there......Really?.......I don't think there would be a problem.....oh~ saranghae!

"Was it your father?"

"Yes, he called to tell me that your parents are going to be there too."

"My parents? Why?"

"I don't know, he didn't tell me. It must be nothing, maybe they just miss you."

"As if...they didn't even remember my birthday, more over would they miss me"

"Myungsoo, don't be too hard on your parents. Why don't you try talking to them?"

"It's useless. They won't listen no matter what. Besides, I have you by my side, I don't need anything else."

I looked at Naeun and smiled. I took her hand and placed a kiss on it; she blushed. Oh, how I loved it when she blushes!

The rest of the ride was comfortable, and we soon reached Naeun's father house. Naeun and I walked towards the house hand in hand, and were greeted by our parents at the door. We said our greetings and continued to the living room.

"So, any news of a new family member?"

"Mom!"

"What? You guys are married and it hasn't been long. Besides, we're getting old, and of course we would like to see new family members."

"You said it yourself, it hasn't been long since we got married. Besides, we have no time to think about that. Naeun is busy getting ready to take over her company, and I'm working for my company. Do you really think that's our priority?"

"You guys need to think about us too. We are getting old, and I'm sure everyone wants to see a new family member."

"Mother, please drop it!"

"Arasso, but you guys better start working on it."

The rest of the night was full of fights between my parents and me, luckily, Naeun was by my side and was able to hold me back from doing something stupid. During dinner the discussion between my father, Naeun's father and me was mostly about the company, while Naeun and my mother talked about my parents’ latest trip.

"Hawaii is such a beautiful place! Everything is colorful, and the sky and water match each other's blue. I really wanted to stay there longer, but we had to come back because of business."

"Ommoni, I'm pretty sure you'll go back. All you have to do is ask abonim."

The conversations kept on going back and forward for a few hours until my parents had to leave. After that, it was just Naeun, her father, and me. At some point during the night, Naeun fell asleep.

"Abonim, I think Naeun and I should get going, it’s already late and you ne to rest."

"Don't worry about me, worry about Naeun. And since is late, why don't you kids stay here? She's already asleep and it would be wrong to wake her up."

"Ani, we can go back~ we don't want to bother you."

"Is not a bother! Besides, Naeun's room is good enough for you kids to stay here today. And as you said, is already late. You might as well spend the night here." 

At the end, we ended up in Naeun's room. The room was totally childish, and just as I remembered. At the middle of the room, Naeun's bed was welcoming us.

"I don't think the bed can fit both of you."

"It's alright, I'll figure something out."

After he said goodbye, I placed the sleeping Naeun in the bed. I took her shoes off, took mine off, my jacket and then I laid next to her. I took her in my arms and covered us with a blanket.

##############################################

I stirred as the sun crept through the curtains into the room. Naeun besides me was still asleep, and I took a moment to look at her face. This was my usual routine, waking up and stare at her face, but I never got tired of it. Naeun was beautiful, there was no denying it. Every time she smiled I felt like melting. Naeun stirred and opened her eyes.

"What are you starring at?"

"You"

"Me? Why? Is there something on my face?"

"Ani..."

"Then?"

"Pretty... You are really pretty."

"What are you saying?"

She covered her face and turned around. I laughed at her cuteness and back hugged her.

"I'm being serious! You are really pretty! You're the most beautiful girl I've seen in life."

She turned around with difficulty and faced me, then she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Really?"

"Of course! I've been to places where women are beautiful, but no one compares to you."

She smiled as her cheeks started to blush, I dipped my head and placed my lips on hers.