Chapter 29

Arranged Marriage

"Oppa, wake up! You have to go to work."

"Oppa? Yah~ since when do you call me like that?"

"I already told you! Wake up or you'll be late for work."

"Naeun-ah, just let me sleep a few more minutes..."

"I really don't understand why is taking you so long to wake up. We went to sleep at the same time yet you've been like this all month."

"Do you think it’s my fault? I really can't sleep with you anymore, I'm worried I'll hurt you if I move at all."

Tears swelled in my eyes as I looked away. I tried not to cry, but soon started sobbing. I felt the bed move and then Myungsoo's arms hugging me from behind.

"Naeun-ah..."

"I know, you don't have to rub it in my face, I already know that I'm fat!"

"Naeun-ah, that's not what I meant, and you're not fat! You just have a little bit of weight on you for the time being."

"Why do you even bother to say that? I know you're lying, I don't believe in your words anymore. Since I got fat you stopped hugging me, and you stopped telling me that I looked pretty. Do you know how much it hurts me?"

"Mianhae, it's not my intention to make you cry. I haven't hugged you because if afraid I could hurt you and our baby. Also, there's no need to tell you how pretty you look because you're always pretty. I'm really sorry if I made you feel like that, you know I don't do it on purpose. You are the only one for me, you know that I only love you."

"Do you mean it?"

"Of course! How about I ditch work today and we spend all day doing what you want.  Just me and you together."

"Would that be alright?"

"Ne, there's nothing important to do at work anyways. And if something comes up, Sungyeol hyung can deal with it."

I turned around and looked at Myungsoo as he gave me a small smile.

"What about Sungyeol oppa?"

"What about him?"

"Don't you think he might already have plans?"

"Why who? Seolhyun-ah?"

"Ne, don't you think their story is very romantic? They hated each other, but it turned out he loved her way before she knew, and then he left to study abroad, and after years they meet again by accident! That is so romantic!"

"Romantic? Then what about us?"

"What about us?"

"Isn't our story romantic?"

"Aniyo, it's not romantic at all. We used to be best friends before, and then we got married by force, what's romantic about that?"

"I think it's really romantic since I still married my first love."

"Oppa you're so full of it!"

#############################################

"What flavor do you want?"

"I want strawberry!"

"Ahjussi, give me a strawberry ice cream and a chocolate one please."

"Oppa, can we go to an amusement park after this?"

"Amusement park? Would you be alright?"

"I might not be able to ride the games, but I really want to get on the Ferris wheel. Can we please go?"

"Alright, but we can't stay too much time there alright?"

"Ne!"

I took our ice creams and paid for then, then I took Naeun's hand.

"Naeun..."

"Ne?"

"Have you thought of any names?"

"For the baby?"

"Oh."

"What about Yein?"

"Yein?"

"Yes, I think it sounds really nice. Kim Yein. Do you like it?"

"I like it, it's simple but strong. What if it's a boy?"

"Mhm, what about Heejoon?"

"Kim Heejoon.... I don't like it..."

"Then what about Minhyuk?"

"Kim Minhyuk... I like it!"

"Really?"

"Mh, where did you get that name from?"

"It's the name of one of my school crush's..."

"Yah! Then we can't use that name."

"Are you jealous?"

"Why should I be jealous? It's not like he was important."

"Oppa, I only have eyes for you, you know that right?"

"I know, let's get going before it gets too late."

We drove to the amusement park and walked around hand in hand enjoying the night.

"Naeun-ah, do you want to go on the Ferris wheel or do you want to go home now? You look tired."

"I'm alright, let's get on the Ferris Wheel and then go home."

We walked towards the ferris wheel and were soon in one of the carts.

"You know, I'm really happy right now."

"Why?"

"I'm married to the most beautiful woman, and we have a baby on the way, what else can I ask for? I have everything I ever wanted."

"Oppa, despite everything, things ended up well for us didn't they?"

"Of course! After I left to study abroad I thought I would never see you again, but here I am, married to you."

"Honestly, I was scared."

"Scared? Of what?"

"When we got engaged I was scared that you wouldn't feel anything for me. I didn't want my feelings for you to bloom again, but when I saw you I knew there was no way back, and I was scared that you wouldn't accept me."

"I thought you wouldn't accept me either. I hurt you so much in the past that I was afraid you wouldn't open up to me anymore and we wouldn't be friends like we used to be."

"But now we're married, did you ever thought about us being married?"

"Back when we we're kids, yes. But after I left, no. Luck must really be on my side. After many year, we're back together and we're happy together."

I pulled Naeun towards me and kissed her forehead as she leaned on my shoulder. 

"Oppa, let's happy happy for many years. I never want to leave your side again, and even if you don't want me by your side anymore, I will stick to you like gum. I will never let you go."

"I love you, Kim Naeun."