Chapter 22

Arranged Marriage

“No matter what, I’m not giving up on you this time.”

And then, he kissed me…

And as an instinct I kissed him back…

But I didn’t feel anything, there was no heart racing or butterflies in the stomach. It was an empty kiss.

I pushed him back and stood up from my seat.

“Dongwoon oppa, let’s stop here. I am already married to Myungsoo, and it’s time for you to move on. I’m sorry, but my feelings for you are not the same they used to be.”

I took my purse and turned around to exit the cafeteria. And then I saw him… Myungsoo. He caught my eye, turn around and left. I stood there in shock, he had seen the kiss with Dongwoon and it was worse than when he heard that my feelings for him weren’t the same as him. After a few minutes, I took off after him. I ran with all my strength, trying to not lose him between the people in the hospital. When I finally caught up to him, he was already outside his car. Before he was able to climb into it, I took his hand and pulled him back making him turn around.

“Myungsoo, what just happen-“

“You don’t have to give me any explanations. It’s your life not mine.”

“It’s not what you think it is.”

“If you want me to give you the divorce just say it. I’m not going to force you to stay with me if you don’t want to.”

He turned around and was about to climb into his car, but then I walked up to him and back hugged him.

“No, I don’t want to leave your side, I want to stay with you. What you just saw, it was all a mistake, and it really isn’t what you’re thinking. Dongwoon oppa kissed me, and yes I kissed him back, but it made me realize that I don’t have any feelings for him. It doesn’t feel the same as when you kiss me. My feelings for you might not be at the same level yours are, but I know that I do feel something when I’m with you. When I’m around you everything is better, I love waking up beside you, I’m always happy when you’re around. I don’t know if its love, but either way I can’t let you go, I don’t want to let you go. If something happens to my father, and you leave me, I’ll be all by myself again, and I don’t want to be alone. I know that I’m being selfish, but I don’t care I don’t want to let you go. I won’t leave you even if you push me away.”

After what it felt like forever, Myungsoo turned around and hugged me back.

“I won’t let go either.”

As if on cue, tears started running down my face and I tightened the hug.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I turned around as Myungsoo’s arms tightened around my waist. I opened my eyes and found Myungsoo’s broad chest right in front of me. Memories from the day before passed by my eyes in an instant, and a smile formed in my face. After our moment in the hospital, we both said farewell to my father and came home. As always, Myungsoo took care of me and made me feel loved in that way that he always does. I closed my eyes again and snugged closer to him trying to get my body warm with the heat from his body. On the dresser next to our bed, Myungsoo’s phone went off, and at this, Myungsoo stirred.

“Just let it ring…”

“What if it’s important?”

“If it’s important they’ll call again.”

“What happen to the Naeun that would answer every call?”

“Is asleep, just ignore it.”

As if, Myungsoo ignored my words. He kissed my forehead before detaching his arms from my waist and turned around to answer his phone. I looked towards the dresser and the clock marked 3:00 am. Who would call at 3:00 am?

“Yes, Kim Myungsoo speaking.”

…….

“We’ll be there as soon as possible”

…….

“Yes, thank you.”

“Who was it?”

Myungsoo turned to face me and his face had a troubled expression.

“What? What’s with that face?”

“It was from the hospital. You’re father suffered a heart attack.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After the call, Naeun and I rushed to the hospital. When we arrived her father was already in the surgery room. A doctor had come to meet us and tell us that they were doing everything that was possible but it was hard for an elder to recover from a big heart attack. Amidst all, I called Sungyeol and informed him of the things that were happening. Not much longer after our call ended, Naeun’s friends, Sungyeol and the rest of the guys arrived to the hospital. The girls took care of Naeun while the guys and I went to get some coffee for everyone.

“Myungsoo-ah, do you think he’s going to make it?”

“I don’t know. When I received the call earlier, the doctor said that it was a possibility that he won’t make it, but I didn’t tell Naeun, I don’t heart to do it.”

“I think you did the right thing. Is better for her to have some hope than not having any.”

“I know this is a really bad timing but the curiosity is killing me.”

“Yah~ Woohyun-ah, don’t you dare to say it!”

“What’s wrong with asking? Hyung, you’re also curious!”

“Hyung, what are you talking about?”
“Myungsoo-ah~ perhaps… Naeun is pregnant?”

“What?”

“I recently read that if someone passes away, it means that someone is on the way, meaning a baby. And you and Naeun are the only one’s married, therefore, she might be pregnant.”

“Woohyunie, what are you saying?”

“Why are you all looking at me like that?! We all know that Myungsoo isn’t a saint! I’m just saying that it could be a possibility!”

At Woohyun’s words, I started to think… I shouldn’t be swayed by his words, but I couldn’t stop by brain from thinking about it. I looked down at the cup of coffee in my hands and thought of any odd behavior from Naeun, but nothing was coming to my head. I looked up and found the guys all staring at me.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Could it be? Naeun being pregnant?”

“Why are you asking me? How am I supposed to know that?”

“Myungsoo, you’re her husband! You are seriously way too naïve some times.”

“Forget it, I don’t think that could be it.”

We all took out coffee cups and made our way back to where the girls were. On the way there, I couldn’t stop thinking of Woohyun’s words. What if she was really pregnant?..... It couldn’t be, she would have already told me so……

I approached Naeun, and gave her the cup of coffee. The girls left us and went to where the guys were.

“Naeun, are you… ah forget it”

“What? Am I what?”

“Aren’t you tired? Do you want to sleep for a while?”

“No, I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until I know about my dad.”

I nodded (A/N: as if on cue Woohyun’s “Nod Nod” started playing *insert fangirl emoji here*) and took Naeun’s hands in mine.

“Then, I’m not leaving alone. I’ll stay right here, by your side, until your father comes out of surgery.”

A few minutes after, the doctor came out of the surgery room, and Naeun and I rushed to him, the other’s closed behind us.

“Doctor, what happened with my dad?”

“We’ve tried everything we could, unfortunately we were unable to stabilize him again. I’m really sorry.”

Naeun collapsed to the floor, tears running down her face in rhythm. I took her in my arms as she started sobbing uncontrollably.

“It’s alright, it’s all going to be alright. I’m here, everything is going to be alright.”