Imagination or not?

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

"Or maybe, just maybe..They are a figment of my imagination."

 


tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

I stop myself from taking any further step. It's tiring to run away like this without knowing the true self about that guy. Maybe I am too overact? I should ask him before. The word 'ert' that Mina mentioned yesterday keep playing on my mind and it's make me acted like this. Somehow, I can't get rid those word out of my mind. This is all their fault. I should never assume someone bad before knowing the real them.

My shoulder heave as I pant. Nothing is more tiring than running away like crazy. I hope I will use my brain first before act something out. Realizing my locality right now, I look around the place where I happen to stop by. There's a lot of tree with a woody trunk around me. The park was never mown as the grass grew high around the gate. The vacant and unused bench under the tree complete the scene. It looks like an abandon park.

I think I should get out from here as soon as possible. This place shows no safe to stay any longer. I can feel my heart beat so loudly. I am insecure and uncertain about what's ahead. It's seems like the safest decision right now is to leave this park. As I'm about to go back to where I came before, some bushes right beside me shakes and let out an eerie noises. 

 

"Who's there?" I am so surprised that my voice become faint as I ask whoever it is who hide behind the bushes.

 

No answer.

 

Perhaps it's not a human. Perhaps, it's just some wind or a dog or something harmless or it's just my feeling. Ignore the noise, I take a few step forward but the bushes shakes more and more. It's seems like someone is there, hiding from me.

 

"Yah! Don't play prank on me!" I try to be more brave as I raise my voice a bit.

 

Certainly, my hair fly to the front when the wind blow from one direction. I close my eyes due to the strong wind while corrected my messy hair. In that not-so-short time, I open back my eyes and almost scream when a guy who's wearing a snapback that almost cover half of his face, standing exactly in front of me. He's wearing a black shirt and quite tall as my eyes level are on his chest.

Somehow, I forgot how to run. Due to extremely anxious, I can't move. It as if I'm being hypnotized by him. He smirks under the snapback and I swear that's the most creepy thing I've ever seen in my life.

 

Somebody help me.

 

"Alone?" A hoarse whisper from him make me goosebump. Even he just standing there doing nothing, I can sense my life is in danger.

 

I take a few step back as I don't feel good when he's standing near me. He still won't budge any inch and I think this is the best chance to run away. Suddenly, my phone make a beep sound to inform that I got a new message. I quickly fish out my phone that being kept inside my pocket and clutch on it. Not really dare to look at the message.

 

"How about you check out the message?" The guy said as he takes one step forwards to me. I gulp my saliva as I clutch tightly on my phone. My heart feels like it's going to explode sooner or later. Maybe I should check the message and send out SOS to my friends.

 

Slowly, I hold the phone with both of my hand since I'm trembling right now. Clicking to 1 new message, I read the content of the message.

 

From Mina.

Yah, Dahee! Watch out with the guy who's wearing a snapback and black shirt. That was the ert guy that I told you yesterday.

 

My eyes widen at the resembles of the guy Mina tells me and the guy in front of me right now. I think I should run. Again.

 

"I guess you already know.." The guy approach me and with that, I run for my life.

 

I sprint as fast as I could without turning back anymore. I force my legs to run even my leg feel like given up already. I don't know where I am and I don't know where I should head to. I decide to follow what my heart said and I turn to the left, Bad choice. I trip on a big rock and fall to on the ground. My leg hurt so much as I find it's hard to stand up again. 

The sound of the dry leaves shatter make me hold my breath instantly. I close my eyes when the sound keep getting near and near. Even I don't want to open back my eyes, I still need to see what's going on since the sound is nowhere to be heard. Perhaps, the guy lost my track.

I pluck on my courage and open my eyes slowly. I can see anything but black in front of me. A guy with a black shirt is crotch in front of me and I scream in a high pitch.

 

"Yah, don't be scared. It's me, Jimin." Jimin hold up both of his hand to prove that he's innocent. I stop screaming for a while and take a good look at that guy. He's wearing a snapback but he wears it opposite.

 

So..he is that ert. The ert that Mina's talked about.

 

At a speed of light, I push him with all my might and run away, forget all about my pain. He's that ert. I make a right decision to run away from him at the very first our meeting. I can't bump onto him again. I run pass all the trees while avoid a big branches. There's no way I'll stop. I'm going to run all along the way to my house. Ignore this pain. My safety are the most important right now.

Without Dahee's knowledge, someone is looking at her behind the tree. He smirks as he put a mask on his face.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

After take a long shower, I rest myself on the couch at the living room while watching the news. Seems like my parent still at their work place. I wrap myself with a thick blanket and recall about this evening incident. I don't expect that the ert will be on the same school as me and also the class. I guess I need to tell mum that I want to go to another school.

Plus, it's okay to move to other school since I don't make any friends yet at my new school. Should I suggest to mum that I want to go back to my old school. I take out my phone and compose a new message. I enter Mina's name in the receiver column and write a new message telling that I'm going to move back to my old school and we can have fun together like before. It would be happy. Then, I click a send button.

 

"I hope mum will agree to transfer me to my old school." I smile as I imagine the atmosphere at my old school.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

The next day, I go to school like usual. My intention to move to my old school crushed when mum and dad won't allow me to transfer. They said this is the best school for me. When I told them about the ert, the said I'm creating those story so I can't get back to my old school. They didn't believe me at all. I clutch on the hem of my skirt as I kick some pebble that block my way. This is unfair. I don't want to go to school today because of yesterday incident.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" A guy voice could be heard behind me. It's kinda familiar yet I still can't recognize the owner of the voice. I stop my walk as I turn my head to look at whoever human-being that stand close behind my back.

"You!" I point my forefinger to the guy who now standing in front of me. This guy from yesterday.

"Yeah, I just want to know if you're okay since you're screaming loudly when we met yesterday at the park." Jimin explains when he realized that my face start to change when he approach me.

 

I seal my lips as I don't know what to say anymore. Maybe he just pretend to cares for me because he wants me to keep his little secret. I think I should keep a distance with him. There's no way I'm going to help him.

 

"Ah, okay. Don't follow me anymore." I warn him as I continue my walk to the school, leave him alone.

 

Jimin doesn't said anything when Dahee leaves. He just thought that this girl is hard to approach. He really want to know the girl but she seems not really interested to be friend with him.

 

"I should ask J-Hope for some tips." Jimin talks to himself as he looks at the girl disappears into the crowd. But then, he remembers something.

"Wait for me! We're heading to the same school anyway." Jimin runs to catch up with Dahee. He doesn't know why but his legs just runs towards the girl.

 

I try to mix up with the crowd so that guy won't find me nor follow me. As the crowd decrease one by one, I fasten my pace as fast as I could. Not to mention that I can't run because of yesterday incident. My legs hurt like hell due to non-stop running. I pass a few of the store when I heard someone calls my name. Turning to my back, I don't see anyone I know because of the crowd. I just ignore the voice and continue my walk.

 

"Dahee!"

 

Who's calling my name? Maybe I'm hallucinating. Yeah, I don't have enough sleep since I keep thinking about those ert. I try my hard to ignore the voice as I clutch onto my bag. Then, a hand stop me from stroll by touch my right shoulder. I quickly turn to my back and find out the same guy who's talking to me just now. He's grinning like an innocent one as he tries to speak something but I cut him off.

 

"Yah!" I push his hand off my shoulder and take a few step back. He looks puzzled with my sudden action as he's taking a step forward to me.

"Don't come any closer." I quickly pick up a few pebbles that spread under the ground. Ready to throw at him if he failed to give cooperation. I just keep the pebbles into my grip. Even he's a ert, I still can't hurt him.

"Hey, you're misunde..."

 

Before he could finish his words, my leg take a lead as I dash to school way. I don't know why but right now, I'm running again. He startled by my action as he chased after me. Even I'm running now, I can feel a presence behind me. It's so far yet so close. I yell when I hear his footstep coming close to me. With that, I throw all the pebbles I hold just now randomly into the air. I speed up my run while make a weird noises. I don't know anymore. The word 'run' are mix into my soul since I've met this guy. Everyday is a challenging day.

 

"Okay, okay. I'll keep your secret." I scream as I don't have any might to run anymore. This is tiring. Too tiring. I feel like dying. My hair is so mess up.

 

Jimin stops from chasing her as he clearly heard what Dahee said just now. He seems confuse with this girl's words. Secret? When did he ever told the girl about his secret?

 

"What secret?"