Who's that?

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

Who's that?

 


 

I never feel this awkward before. This is my first time feel this extremely awkward and I feel so suffocated. I keep shifted on my own seat while my eyes wildly to the left and to the right. My hand trembling under the table as I clasp both of my palm together. My leg can't stay still as they keep shaking non-stop. My dry lips loss for a phrase and I can't find a right word to talk about right now. This is what I feel right now.

 

"What's your name darling?" Mrs Park asked as she looks at me with those sweet smile plastered on her face. I startled at the sudden question as I quickly set my eyes on her figure. 

"Huh...My name is Kim Dahee." I awkwardly answer while chuckle nervously. I break into a cold sweat when I was asked a question from Mrs Park. And she is Jimin's mum.

 

Jimin makes an eyes contact with me while he nods his head gently. Maybe he asking me to keep chatting with his mum or reassure me as if I'm doing good with his family. I don't know what his mean since I never learn any body language before. What did he said actually?

 

We sit together for a dinner since Mrs Park keep insisted for me to join the dinner. At first I suppose to meet with Hani and Mina for our first dinner together at Busan but then, never did I thought that I will eat my first dinner with Jimin and his family. This is totally out of the plans. So, I just agree to eat dinner with Jimin's family since it will be rude if I reject the invitation.

Afterall, they are kind enough to let me stay here after Jimin explained what actually happen to us. I mean what kind of family would let a girl who is totally stranger to them stayed in their house. Perhaps, Jimin mentioned the 'friend' term to his parent. That's why they treat me nice.

 

"Are you Jimin's girlfriend?" Mrs Park squeals quietly, tries not to obvious but she fails miserably. Everyone can see it.

"Honey, stop it. You make our guest feels uncomfortable." Mr Park voices out when he saw my reaction. Jimin's dad is the best.

 

Suddenly I feel a hot blood rush to my face at the word 'girlfriend". I was white as chalk. My eyes and my mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise and although I was staring straight at Jimin, he appears not to noticed me at all.

How can I answer to that sudden question when I'm speechless right now. And that Park Jimin is no help at all. How can he still in ease when his mum asked those question to me. 

 

Without Dahee's knowing, Jimin is waiting for her answer too. He's so curious about her answer.

 

"Huh...hahahah, no no. We're happen to be in the same class." I laugh awkwardly while kick Jimin's leg under the table. Fortunately, my kick do hit his leg as I can see the sudden change expression on his face.

 

The loud thump attract our attention to Jimin's way. He hits his knee on the table due to my kick on his leg. Jimin quickly brush his leg with a loud voice he has. 

 

"Ouch..ouch..My leg." Jimin stands up from the dining table as he brush both his leg and knee. He was in pain for not trying to help me. Poor Jimin.

"What happen to you?" Mrs Park startled when his son suddenly shriek in pain. She seems puzzled with his son action as she looks under the table and found nothing dangerous there. 

"She kick....No..no, I'm fine. Maybe a mosquito bites me just now." Jimin pause as he looks directly into my eyes. I just smiles at him in triumphant.

"You should act politely. How can you look so clumsy in front of girls?" Mr Park said, strict in his voice. 

"I'm sorry, dad." Jimin lower his head due to his dad's statement. Then, he raised back his head and looks at me.

 

He mouthing me a word that I keep said to him.

 

'ert.'

 

"That's why I told you not to wear a short pants." Mrs Park nags his son, believing in those white lie. 

"It's not too short. It's above my knee. Plus, I feel hot tonight that's why I choose my not-so-short pant." Jimin whines and I found he surprisingly cute. What a kid. I roll my eyes to him as I continue to eat the foods.

"And why would you feel hot tonight?" Mrs Park shook her head, already know his playful son behavior.

 

Jimin sits back on his seat as he glares at me. He's thinking about taking a revenge towards the girl. And then, something hit his mind.

 

"I feel hot because my girlfriend is here, staying several night with us." He smirks as he winks at me. 

 

The dining room feel with an awkward silent. No one dare to utter a word. Everyone is speechless upon Jimin's words. Hearing his words almost make me spit out the foods that I eat before. The spoon that I hold this time drop on the table and the sharp ting of the table and the spoon collide could be hear out loud. My eyes widen as I swallow my saliva hard.

If his mum aren't here, I will already punch him. My face turn red after hearing Jimin's wild jokes. I want to buried myself into the deep hole and never meet him again.

How could he said that in front of his family. He puts me into an awkward position once again. Both Mr and Mrs Park facepalm their faces because of their son's words.

 

Yah, Park Jimin! You're really a ert.

 

"Stop teasing her, Jimin. Let our guest eat in peace." Mrs Park almost laughs herself after hearing her son's words. She knows her son. Her son always teased his friends like that whenever he brought his friend home. But Mrs Park feel a bit surprise since Jimin never brought a girl friend home. Perhaps, this girl is special.

"Why? I really like her and I love the idea that she's going to sleep here. You better locked your room tonight or I might be there." Jimin never ending teases make me feel more embarrassed.

 

At this very moment, I really hope that I can kill him.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

"Yah, you ert! ert! ert! ert!" I hit him numerous time as soon as we step out from his house. Jimin told her mum that he's going to show me Busan night.

"You started it first. You kick my leg." Jimin defense himself as he lets out both of his arm to protect himself from me.

 

I look at him in disbelief as I stop from hitting him.

 

"Yah, you are no help at all. How can you keep silent when your mum asked those question?" I rolled my eyes due to his nonsense statement just now. What? I started it first? You gotta be kidding me. 

"Of course. Why would I help you. Is not even a hard question. Just told mum the truth." Jimin said as both of us walk side by side. I just sigh. Perhaps, I'm too shocked of the word girlfriend just now. Or perhaps, today my life is full of surprise. 

 

Summer night luminous with starlight, moon full and bright. We strolled through the inky darkness of the mid-winter night. Busan night is sure different. A trembling gush of wind inaudibly drifted across the skyline. The blinding city lights gradually subsided ever so subtly, filling the shadow-emitted sky with a pleasant silence.

I just realized the beauty of the night. I should not think about Jimin anymore. Enjoying the cold night wind is enough for me to feel in comfort. Today is sure a long day. 

Maybe if I forget about all of negatives things, I might enjoy my vacation. Even it's not really perfect as I'm planning, I should not make it more worse. Enough is enough. Something good will comes to me sooner. This vacation should worth it. 

 

"Dahee..." Jimin's voices echo through my eardrum. Automatically, I look at him without any suspicious. 

"Or did you just want to touch my bare leg just now? Am I that y for you to resist?" Jimin smirks while his thumb brush his lower lips. I look at him in disbelief as I scoff.

 

As I'm about to forget all of this things, Jimin starts to fool around with me. I don't expect any attack from him. His presence seemed to buzz around me like a fly that you can never swat. Every word, movement and breath he performed seemed to infuriate me to no end. If I am a boy, I already punch him and pick a fight with him. Fortunately I'm a girl. 

 

"I don't know you can be this annoying Park Jimin." I frown, slightly annoyed with his behavior tonight. 

"And I don't know you're ert too." Jimin remarked, chuckling. 

"Yah, look who's talking." I roll my eyes while speed up my pace. This guy really getting on my nerve.

"You know what, you should stop rolling your eyes. Your eyes ball might explode." Jimin laughs while follow up my pace. He jogs and stroll beside me. I just walk as fast as I could, try hard to ignore this annoying Jimin. 

"Wait for me. You're so unexpectedly fast." Jimin tries to keep with my pace which I know its easy for him since he's a guy.

 

Suddenly, I feel like running away from him. It will be nice if I didn't bump on him in the first place. I fasten up my pace and almost in a mode of running when suddenly a warm hand pull my arm. I stop as I look at Jimin's way.

 

What's the rush?

 

"What?" I bluntly said. 

"I want to clear up all this misunderstanding." Jimin's sudden voice make me focus on him.

"What misunderstanding?"

"Actually, I'm not a per-"

 

As Jimin about to finish his words, something caught our attention. The bushes near us moves slightly. What was that? An animal? I quickly move behind Jimin as I sense a dangerous behind those bushes. Jimin stands there protectively as he move closer to the bushes. 

But then, when I look at the bushes clearly, I swear I saw a hair inside the bushes. My palm is sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through my system was shutting down my ability to think logically. I wanted to run.

 

"Don't go, Jimin." I pull his arm, afraid that whatever behind those bushes can do to us. 

 

After I warn Jimin, both of us hear a laugh behind those bushes. I tighten my grip on Jimin's arm as preparation of him running away, leaving me behind. I can't speak to him because I was still scared. Is it a ghost?

 

"Are you afraid?" Jimin slightly turn his head towards me as he senses my tighten grip on his arm.

"No." I simply said, eyes still focus on the bushes. 

 

Dahee said she wasn't scared but Jimin saw her body movement was tighter. Jimin looks back to the front and when his eyes meet the bushes, a light suddenly came out from the bushes and both Jimin and Dahee shuts their eyes due to the sudden bright light.

 

With that, I scream out loud behind Jimin.