Say

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

Say

 


 

 

Jimin's POV

I take her hand in mine. As I expected, someone was here. We've been under his stare from the first time we'd reach Busan. I knew it. He plans all of this. Those guy in black is the same guy that approached Dahee that night. He's following Dahee in the dark and quiet alley until she misunderstood, saying that I'm the one who's following her with bad intention.

 

"Finally, all of us gather together. What's your plans?" I smirk as I know his whereabout. Behind the bush.

 

Dahee looks at me, puzzled. But still, her grip on mine become more stronger that before. She looks like a frightened child as she moves closer towards me. I brush the top of her palm with my thumb, try to tell her that everything's okay when nothing seems to be fine. I don't want her to be panic.

And its kind of persuasive. She does looks more calm as she looks at me.

 

"Jimin..." There was a slight tremble in her voice.

"Believe me." I smile.

 

Her watery eyes enlarged and the hair of her neck bristled. She tried to scream when the bushes seems to move a little, but the inside of lacked any moisture and a croak was all that issued from her gape.

Or not so really calm, I guess.

 

"So, who are you actually?" I hiss when a guy in black make his way out of the bushes. How could he stay there for.....ummm.......I don't know how minutes or hours but he sure like a psycho.

 

He said nothing as he just stand there, static. Even he wore all black and cover his face with a mask, I know his gaze was on her. The target is her but why? I block Dahee with my body so that he can't saw her anymore. What's wrong with that guy?

As I was about to make my way towards him, he holds up his hand but not in I'm sorry, don't hurt me way, its a total opposite. He then straighten his hand and I can see his forefinger pointing at me behind me.

I quickly look at Dahee and fortunately her eyes is on my back so she didn't witness the guy's action just now. I'm afraid if Dahee saw it and become more scared, she will run away. 

Its hard to chased after her with these psycho guy which I don't know his capabilities and in this dark night where everything can happened. 

 

"Her." That short word give both of us a creep. His hoarse voice make it sound more eerie.

 

Silent as beetles, he scuttles towards us.

 

"Run!" I let her loose. "Run fast!!"

 

But she backed away, wide eyes, breathing hard.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I saw my opponent's other arm begin an upwards trajectory. I ducked and felt my hair ruffle with the force of it. Drop to the ground. Roll clear, stand. Don't let him connect. Draw it out.

And that time, I saw something in his hand. Something shiny.

 

"NOOOO, PARK JIMIN!!!" And a girl's voice. And everything turn black and silent embrace me.

 

End of POV

 

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

I breathed in and out but air wouldn't enter my lungs. Starved for air, my heart raced at tremendous speeds, and my lungs shallowly rose and fell in time. I stood there for what felt like an eternity but was actually only few minutes.

Satisfaction of security was nothing but a distant memory, and an invisible force crushed me from every possible direction.

Each second submerged in fear made a permanent mark on my heart, and a vivid imagination made me wander whether it was just my mind playing tricks or reality.

 

"Who are you?" I shout as my leg can't stop shaking. 

 

That guy stab Jimin with the knife. His hand full with blood and Jimin laid there, unconscious. Jimin can't die. No, he can't! This is dream, no, a nightmare. Come on Dahee, wake up! wake up. You're just having a bad nightmare. Its time to wake up now. Come on!

I take a few step back when the guy approach me. He takes out something in the back of his pocket. A camera. He point it to me and click the button.

The flash is enough to near blind me and my body reacts like there's a gun to my head. My muscles are frozen in place but filled with such a tingling pressure that I want to run until my body is empty – put as much distance between myself and him as possible.

But all I see right now is loose forms with color and I need the world to come back into view before I can run. I know it's adrenaline. Perhaps fleeing is the dumbest move, I wouldn't know, my brain is too fried to analyze the options.

If my heat beats any harder, any louder, I might as well stick a spotlight on my head. My eyes are popped open so hard I couldn't blink if I wanted to and all the while I just want to run. Hiding might be better but I can't, all this energy has to go somewhere.

As soon as I can make out forms, forms but no detail, I burst from my dark spot and make for the forest. In the trees I can camouflage blend, trek away from this spot all night if I have to.

 

"I'm sorry, Jimin. I promise I will save you no matter what its take." I fish out my phone as I dialed Mina's number. Please.

 

She didn't picked up her phone so I decide to leave a message.

 

SOS

 

The only word I manage to type when I clearly hear the footstep behind me. 

I run into the woods.

And through them. Blades of moonlight cutting through the canopy overhead and splashing across my face and legs and arms. I glance back over my shoulder but sees no one.

I run until it hurts to breathe, until the stitch in my side unbearable, jumping over plants I think might be poison oak or poison ivy, ducking beneath thick mustang grape vines that are growing between the tree branches and wrapping themselves around tree trunks. I run until I have to stop and then I do stop.

Maybe he gave up. Maybe I'm really free.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Time takes its own time. I remain hidden within the darkness of nightfall, amongst the tree. My heart throbbing in fear as I stand up against the cold wet wood. The sky was hidden above the canopy of the trees, with only one sound to be heard. The sound of my own pulse throbbing in my ears.

Suddenly, the silence surrendered to the haunting scream of footsteps. The footsteps approach me lurking closer. A narrow stream of moon light filled little areas of the ground as it spotlights, a shadow quickly followed avoiding the light watching me. 

I am freaking out.

I'm hypoventilating, trying to avoid making a sound. Each second seems to play on forever, as I stand perfectly still listening to the footsteps of my likely murderer. This area is not safe and I realize now that I shouldn't have given up hope.

 

Please, somebody, no, anybody, help me and Jimin.