Closer

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

Closer

 


 

 

   tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

Jimin keep insist on walking me to Mina's house. I never know he is this kind of people. Stubborn. Walking side by side with him, I try to fasten my pace since I don't need an accompany to go to my friend's house. Its not like I hate him or what, I just can't adapt this situation right now. I never depend on someone especially a guy. But here, right now, at this very moment, I feel something weird inside me and I have a mixed feeling about it.

The walk become quieter than before. Only the sound of people chatter that pass by us can be heard. Perhaps, its already night. That's why there not much people on the road. I look ahead of us and amazed by the lamp that shines brightly in the dark night. Its seem like we're walking side by side with a dozen of light. If you keep walking forward, the light will look like an alluring fireflies that queue up for you, waiting for you to walk through them. Its so beautiful like other days but why I never realized it.

In this silent walk, I still can feel Jimin's presence. His existence isn't important for me yet I still notice it. Our silhouette flash on the route and I just realize that we're close. Too close.

I try to look at Jimin but my head refuse to do so. When I steal a glance at him, he's looking at me. My eyes widen at his sudden action and I fake a cough while look at other place.

 

"Am I too handsome for you to resist it?" Jimin notices Dahee stares at him and smirk as he tries to embarrassed the girl.

"What? Do you even have a mirror at your house?" His statement make me look at him straight into his eyes and I'm not diffident anymore. We stop for a while under the big road lamp.

 

My counterattack didn't effect him at all. He just stand there with his arm cross against his chest and lean on the road lamp. Under the light, he flashes a smile. His warm smile is a contagious, as the corner of my mouth involuntarily turn upwards.

 

"People said my smile is a vitamin. At first, I don't believe but now, I think I know why they said like that." Jimin proudly states as he smirks while observing Dahee's reaction.

 

After hearing his words, I narrow my eyes towards him. This guy really didn't missed a chance to praise himself. I just shrug my shoulder, don't want to crush his little imagination. With that, I turn my back to him and ready to go to Mina's house.

I take a step forward, leaving Jimin behind. There is few jaywalker who walk pass us and I know if I wasted more time, it will be me and Jimin who still wander around the city. I take more steps but it feel like I'm walking alone. I don't hear any footstep except mine. Abruptly, I stop myself from taking another step.

 

Where is Jimin?

 

Did he already went home? If so, it's okay. But I hate the way I'm still searching for him. I'm not going to look for him anymore. He's a guy. Why should I care for him? It's not like he's going to be kidnapped. I agree with my statement.

Unknowingly, my feet won't move any inch. Instead of moving forward, I turn to my back to look at Jimin who has his back facing me. He's staring at something but the way he looks, its like he's looking down. He just stay there static. What is he doing there?

 

"Yah, Park Jimin! What are you doing there?" I call out for him but receive no respond. This guy. I'm too lazy to go back at him but once again, my feet won't do as I wish.

 

With a light step, I approach him and with all my energy, I slap his back while pretend to laugh out loud.

 

"Yah! What are you..........."

 

..........

..........

..........

 

 

Jimin and I stand immobile for a long time. None of us dared to utter a word. If the situation can be turn 360° degree, standing there is Jimin and I. The worst scenario ever is a big dog in front of us who keep showing his teeth to us and a slow growl could be heard from the dog.

The atmosphere around us are not that good since the dog seems like he's going to bite us anytime. My heart beat faster since I'm really scared of this big dog. What if the dog....No, no. I can't receive this negative thinking. But, what if....

Jimin who stand beside me also froze, not knowing what to do. One wrong step, then end. Our lives are on the line.

 

"How can you involve with this dog?" I whisper as slow as I could without moving my body and my eyeball. They keep facing the dog.

"Me? It's you who step on this dog's tail just now." Same with me, Jimin doesn't move his body. Just his lips part a little as he mumbles the words.

 

Me? It is really me?

 

"Yah, don't blame me." I turn at him and push his shoulder a bit. I don't remember step on the dog's tail and I don't believe in Jimin that much.

"It's really you, pabo." Jimin turns at me and push my forehead. He seems disebelive with my sudden action for not believing him.

"How dare you call me pabo?" My eyes widen at his unpleasant words. Who is him to said that to me? And why should I believe him when I still didn't know him that well. We still like a stranger.

 

Right after our little quarrel, we realized that the dog still there and ready to attack us. Once again, Jimin and I become motionless and when the dog about to jump towards us, the motionless break in a second.

Running like a marathon, Jimin and I take turn on the first place. First, I run in front of Jimin, but then, he sprints in front of me. Both of us keep changing place but it doesn't stop us from running. This is a matter of life. The silent night turn into a loud one with our steps and a little screaming from me along with the barking of the dog.

We run like crazy and surprisingly, I don't feel tired at all. The cold wind hit our face and even the air is cold, its much colder at the back. Just thinking of the back could motivate Jimin and me. Jimin seems to notice the distance between the dog and him as he starts to dash in front of me. Realizing the situation, I pull his shirt from the back while yelling something inaudible.

 

"Yahhhh, don't leave me!" I cried when the dog's barking can be hear clearly behind me. Jimin slow down a bit due to my scream and he quickly search for my hand. Once his hand grasp on my arm tightly, he sprint as fast as he could and I try my best to follow his pace.

 

After run like forever, we reach the junction and I start to confuse which road should we take. I don't know what to do but having Jimin in front make me feel a bit relieved. Since he's running in front, he would decide the path, right?

As we reach the junction, I think I heard something wrong since the wind blow too hard in my ear. No way. I'm sure I heard wrong.

 

"Separate!" That one word still haunt me as I'm running alone to the left path while Jimin takes a right path.

 

Unfortunately, the dog take the left path as well, catching up behind me. I regret for make such a terrible mistake. Right means paradise and left means hell and here I am, in the left side. With the dog. Following behind me.

 

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" I scream when my mind come to reality again. My leg won't stop running as well as the dog's leg.

 

If I can picture this situation, first, it will be in the quiet night where a mum is singing a lullaby to her child suddenly heard an ugly, high-pitching screaming along with a loud whined howl.

 

Once more, there is a junction in front of me and once again, I take the left side and it's really fit the word 'hell'.

The path came to a dead end and I don't know what should I do. I practically stick on the wall and waiting for the dog to approach me. The dog keep shorten the distance between us and there's nothing for me to defend myself. I close my eyes, refuse to think about what's next.

Hearing a little growling from the dog, I automatically scream while closing my eyes tightly. Please, someone save me. I mentally pray in my heart even I know there's no one here at the time like this. The attack didn't reach me until now and I wonder what happen. Slowly, I open my eyes and reveal Jimin with a stick on his left hand.

For the first time, I think I saw my guardian angel. He looks like my shining armor with sword in his grip but in reality, its just Jimin, a normal guy with a stick that he took at no one knows.

 

"Are you okay, Dahee?" Jimin approach me as he throws the stick on the ground. He looks worried and I feel grateful since he came.

"Thanks. For coming and save me." Not answering his questions, I hug him tightly. Even I'm confuse with my action right now but I really feel relieve when I saw him just now.

 

Even he's not shining like my shining armor, he still shone brightly when he save me just now. Under the road lamp.