Hurt

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

Hurt

 


 

The hard packed dirt not disturbed by idle bikers or speeding cars was narrow and weaved in between the large trees. The slight breeze caused the red and orange leaves to lazily skip along with the quiet road hardly making a sound. The lamp road blink repeatedly like the menthol inside is about to die. What a night. 

And here I am, walking with my one and only torchlight to the school. Hanging a small bag on my shoulder, I clutch the stripe of the bag with my left hand and hold the torchlight tightly on my right. The night view is so beautiful with those stars blink brightly on the dark sky along with the dim moon yet so scary.

The dog barking is everywhere and for a second, I regret my decision. I really feel like cursing that Jimin guy.

 

"Damn you Jimin!" I hiss as my head keep turning to the front and back. Who know what's behind me if I'm careless.

 

As I'm taking each step, I keep praying silently so that I won't bump with drunk people. It will be such a mess if I'm bump on them. First, I need to run. Then, hiding maybe. Third, continue my journey to school and hope that I won't meet them again. And how about a gangster. I don't know what should I do if I bump into some gangster in this area. I will be a dead meat.

 

"Was the way to school is usually this far?" I check the wrist watch that hang nicely on my right wrist. 0020

 

When will I arrive? Why the school seems so far yet so close. T_T *TT

 

Since I don't know at what time can I reach the school if I'm taking a main road way, I decide to use the shortcut. My heart feel so heavy at the thought of shortcut. I stop my pace from taking another step. I swear I can hear my heart beat thumps and my palm is freaking sweat.

 

Take a deep breath.

 

Here I am, in front of the alley where it will lead me to our school in no time. But walking at the shortcut feel like forever and walking at the main road feel like no end. I close my eyes for a second, regret with my decision and mad at Jimin yet I still continue my way.

Taking a timid step, I move forward little by little with my torchlight as a accompany. I torch the light on my way only, not bother to look at what around me. As I walk, I got startled when I step on the dry fallen leaves. The crack noise make me want to curse.

I ignore the dry leaves and taking another steps. I hope everything will be okay and I hope I could survive the night. As I stroll once again, I feel like I step on something soft. Perhaps the dry leaves. I try to ignore it again but something feels wrong. I can hear a shriek of pain.

 

Oh no! Don't tell me that.....

 

Woof woof woof!!

 

In the peaceful night with a wind that blows slowly, there's a shout mingle with the barking and howling of dogs. I scream like there's no tomorrow while running like crazy. Why did there's always a dog when it involve Jimin. The dog bark loudly at me while chasing me since I step on its tail.

 

"I'm sorry, doggy. I didn't mean it." I manage to said as I'm running away from them. And the dog won't forgive me nor give up on me.

 

My breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous. At my sides, tanned fingers curled into sweaty fists, swinging forward as if it would make me faster. Behind me, I could hear the baying howls of the dogs. The sweat dripped from my forehead.

 

"Please God, let me live." I cried aloud, throwing myself forward with even greater abandon. My lungs and heart were pumping, but the air didn't seem to be enough as I sprinted forward, panic trembling in my exhausted limbs.

 

After running like forever, I reach the school and the dogs are gone. What a jokes! I breathe heavily as I lean on the school gate while wipes the sweat on my forehead. The air seems aren't enough for me and I bend myself in position where both of my palm are on my knees, trying to get better air. After I take quite minutes to calm down myself, I straighten my back and sigh.

 

"What crime did I commit in my past life until I get such a punishment? Did I betray my country?" I sigh as loud as I could while arrange my steps to school library.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

"Yah, Park Jimin!! Are you there?!" I almost shout in anger as I knock the library's door furiously. If Jimin wasn't trapped here, I swear I am the most stupid dumb girl in this world. Why would I sacrifice my night just to came to this creepy school and found out that no one was here. I must be out of my mind right now.

 

The cold wind blow towards me as I keep knock the door. Tonight is not like other night. Instead, tonight feel more scarier and eerie. Is school usually the attraction for ghost?

 

"Ah, forget it!" I mentally curse myself for thinking about ghost right now. I'm tired.

 

As I shook away the sinister thought, a knock can be heard behind the door. I almost scream due to a great surprise. The knock doesn't sounds like a soft one instead a harsh and loud one. My heart nearly burst as I move back a few steps. I hold my mouth with my left palm while my right is holding the torchlight tightly. I'm scared. What if the ghost suddenly appear? The ghost's appearance was an ill omen. 

 

"Park Jimin, is that you?" I gather all my courage to ask whoever behind the door.

"Help me whoever is it! I'm trap here!" The male voice yelp for a help and the voice sounds familiar.

 

Somehow, I feel relieved after hearing those voice. Without wasting much time, I rush back to the door and found out a steel between the door holder. Its not even locked. Someone must put the steel between the holder so Jimin can't exit the library. Even I'm a bit surprise by those trick, I still try remain calm and pull the door open. 

Whoever is it that pull prank on Jimin is really too much. I throw away the steel and reveal the tired Jimin there. He looks so pitiful with his uniform still on and the way he messed up his hair. But all of bad image about him disappear when he looks into my eyes and smiles in relieved. He really like a lost puppy that cried for the whole day.

Even in the midst of a harsh, he still smile because of the handful of sunshine?

 

"Thank-" Before he finish up his words, I embrace him tightly while hiding my face on his shoulder.

 

The torchlight that I've been holding for the whole time fall out from my grip. I don't know why I react like this but I feel like crying. I couldn't help but feel some relieve at the sight of warm smiles that welcomed me. I close my eyes, still in Jimin's embrace and the moment I close my eyes, tears fall down from my eyes. I just can't.....hold it.

 

"Uh, Dahee, are you okay?" Realizing the situation, Jimin voices out his worries and he tries to soothe me by gently caress my back.

 

I let go of him and went down with a cry of pain, scared, worries as tears sprang to my eyes. I was choked with angry emotion. How could a person does something like this to Jimin and how hard it was for me to reach here in the middle of night where its dangerous for a girl like me. Jimin went down too with his hand on my shoulder.

I hate it how I appear weak in front of him and at the same time I just can't hide my feeling. Once that first tears broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. I bent forward where I sat on the floor and pressing my palms to the cold floor and began to cry like a lost child.

On the other side, Jimin is comforting me as he hugs me and protect me in his embrace.

 

"Don't cry Dahee. I'm here." Jimin pats my back gently as he whispers those magic words at me. I hate it how I feel protected with him on my side.

"It's okay Dahee. No one will hurt you."

 

When I'm crying and someone hugs me, it makes me cry even more.