Sunset

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

 

 

Sunset

 

 


 

 

Jimin POV

 

"I'm done." Dahee crumbles the plastic after put her ice cream wrapping into it. She stand up from her seat and make her way to the nearest recycle bin to throw away the litters. I smile as I leave my seat and approach her. 

"You said you want to take me to your favorite place after we're finished our ice cream. Where is it?" The curiousity takes over me as I'm really looking forward to her special place. What does its looks like.

"You sure are impatient one, Park Jimin." She chuckles as she looks at me. I grin ear to ear after hearing those words.

 

The ideas of sharing special place with someone make me slightly nervous. I never been this way before. It's seems like Dahee won't mind share her favorite place with me and she wasn't even hesitate from the beginning. I'm scared that she will change her mind and plans to go to other place instead. It somehow like she tries to open her heart for me but cancel her intention and left me clifhanger. That was the scariest part of it. Perhaps, because of that, I may look a bit impatient.

 

"I'm just so excited you know." I smile when she leads the way. "You really look like a kid right now." Dahee hums as she turns to me and pat my head. She tiptoe to touch my head since I'm a bit taller than her. 

 

Looking at her this closely, I wish I could control the times. Her eyes sparkles and the corner of her lips slid upwards. She captures joy with those beautiful smile and the most captivating smile. Automatically, my lips turn upwards when I see her smiles.

 

"Let's go, its almost time." Dahee suddenly freak when she looks at her wrist watch. 6.30 PM.

 

I startled at her sudden action since I'm in my own daydreaming all the time she stands near me. "Huh?" I look a little blank. What did she said again? Almost time? What time?

 

Frustrated with my slow reaction, she quickly pull my arm and run away to the certain path. Thanks to my athletic skill, I could run faster even I'm still blank about what she's talking just now. We run through the narrow alley and make a turn and going back to straight alley. Its been forever the last time I'm running like this. But then, I grow to love it and I get so much satisfaction from running longer and faster. Plus, its an amazing feeling, moving my legs. Happy to be alive and able to run. Without thinking too much, I run in front of her and take a lead. Weirdly, I can figure out the places we're going to right now.

 

"Finally." We stop as we reach our destination. Just as I guess. The path leads us to a place that kind of high so we could see the whole town upside here. I was panting heavily, breathing in deep, short and furious gasps as if I have been running forever. I look at Dahee and she just as same as me. She seems to be panting heavily too, her chest heaving, as if she had just run a great distance. 

 

"Why are we running like crazy?" Dahee voices out her opinion with her palm stick on her knee. 

"You are the first one to run and even drag me." I chuckle at her question. This girl.

"I'm so tired right now. Its been like forever since I'm running so hard." She sits at the bench that place perfectly at the center. 

"Me too and I got carried away." I take a seat beside her and lean on the bench, tired from the sudden sprint.

"This is my favorite place." She beams as she show the almost orangeish sun in front of us. Perfect spot to see the sunset. 

 

I almost forgot that we arrived at her special place. I scan the view around us and it is really magnificient. There was a very old tree, a maple tree, with a huge trunk. There were flowers, many kinds of flowers. It was nobody's place. The place somehow could take away my worriness and make me forget about all the problems I've got. This is the perfect way to release your tension and somehow, I feel attach to this place already. I want to come here more often with Dahee.

 

"Look at the sunset. It so beautiful." Dahee said as she tap my arm. I look at her. She is mesmerize by the sunset in front of us. 

 

She smiles, revealing a dimple in her left cheek. I never know that she has a dimple. Her face has been touch by the sunlight, appearing orange-yellowish and I am mesmerize by her side face and drown into her deeply.

The sun pour out its brilliant hot oranges and reds into the clouds like a pot of molten lava. Never before had I realised how tenuous and thin the tranquil clouds are. Wispy and frail, like they only just exist. The clouds were cotton candy, as though they blush at the warm touch of the sun. Silhouttes of birds flew home across a sky that was now magenta. How I wish to stay like this for a long time. I don't want the sun to leave us because I know as soon as the sun disappear, our moment also halt. I don't want to end this moment. 

 

"Its will become dark soon. Lets go home before the light completely out of our sight." Dahee stands up as she points to the almost-dark-sky. 

 

I guess this is it. Our moment stop here. We should go now before its turn dark. It will be dangerous for Dahee and I don't want the same incident happen, knowing that I couldn't protect her that day.

 

"Let's go." I stand up while stretch my arm. Its time to go home now. We stroll the way back as fast as we could since the path is so quiet and not so many people walk around here. It could be extremely dangerous if a girl is walking alone around here. No matter how much or loud you scream, people still won't hear you. 

 

After a while, we reach the end of the path and I let Dahee walk first, don't want her to be at the back. We could see all the light in the town start to shine the road. A lot of people could be seen walking around, hanging with friends and laughing. The road become more lively as we exit the dark path. I don't know that night also could be this cheerful. It will be less dangerous if we're in public. 

 

"What if we go grab some foods first before going home?" I suggest when I see a lot of people still hanging out at night. 

"Agree." She simply said as she touch her tummy. I guess she is hungry too.

"Is it okay for you if we eat at the stall?" I need to ask first before make a decision. I'm afraid that our taste on foods are different so I need to ask first before we decide where to eat. I want two of us enjoy our meals. "I like it. I really want to eat at the stall. The foods is so yummy." She replied, brighten with my ideas. I smile when I see her reaction. Its all set then.

"Let's go." I said as I walk beside her, make sure that she is walking at inside the path so she safe from any vehicles on the road. 

 

We walk side by side and as we almost arrive at the stall, a drunken male walk across of us and I quickly search for her hand. I hold her hand tightly and move in front of Dahee a bit so that the drunken male won't see her. Dahee seems somehow scary by the presence of the male since she hold back my hand tightly. I could feel that she is shaking right now. The male doesn't seems harmful since he just walk passed us. Maybe from Dahee's perspective, the male does look dangerous.

 

"Just ignore him." I whisper slowly at her and walk while shielding her from that guy. I want to be her salvation. Dahee let my hand go as she hug my left arm tightly. She does looks scared. Its okay, Dahee. No one will hurt you and I won't allow anyone to touch you. 

 

We reach the stall and take a seat on the vacant table outside the stall since there's no empty seat anymore inside. This stall is famous with their tteokpokki so I'm going to order it for two people. While waiting for our foods, I look around us and there's a lot of people here. A group of businessman I guess are eating inside the stall with a lot of soju on their table. No wonder the drunken male that almost bump onto us just now come from this direction. Maybe he was one of the group inside the stall. I fix my gaze back at Dahee and her eyes set on the group of the older man inside with a bottle of alcohol in their hand. Her gaze shaking and she doesn't look good.

 

"Are you okay?" I ask, try to avert her eyes from the group of the older man. She turns to me with worried face.

"Not really. Is it safe around here? I mean there's a lot of drunken people at night and I'm a bit scared of them." Dahee frets about the aftermath of the alcohol. I understand her concern since I saw a lot of people drunk. They are not in their right mind.

"I hope nothing happen. I will walk you home tonight." I try to reassure her. I hope she put those negative thinking aside and enjoy her meals.

 

All guy that has girl by their side won't be happy right if their girl still feel insecure around them. I mean, all guy want their girl to depend on them and I'm one of those guy too. I want her to believe in me and feel secure whenever I'm around her. Looking at her all nervous and frighten make me sad. I know I mess up the chance to protect her last time but still, I don't want Dahee to lose her trust on me. Its hurt when she thinks that I'm not capable enough to keep her safe.

 

"Its alright okay, you should enjoy your meals." I said as I pass a plate full of tteokpokki in front of her. "Eat it." I said as I don't feel hungry anymore. The thought of me didn't able to protect her make me loss my appetite. 

"You should eat too Jimin. I can't finish all of this by myself and you said you're hungry." She looks at me, puzzled of my sudden change. Her eyes search for mine but I keep avoiding her. 

"I don't feel hungry anymore." I take out my phone and start to play with it, totally ignoring her. Dahee just stares at me. I guess she worries about me. I don't know anymore. Why do I sulk with her. She didn't do anything wrong though but I still feel sad when she keep mention that she scared. Perhaps, I just too sensitive.

"So sudden?" She asks as she pokes the tteokpokki with the fork and tries to feed me. I see her put the fork on my lips and I quickly close my eyes, try not to smile at her charm. I need to maintain my poker face. Remember Jimin, you are angry right now.

"I won't eat it understand?" I pretend to sigh and gently push her hand away from my sight as I put my head on the table.

"Are you okay? Why are you acting this way? You don't feel good?" Her voice shows that she concern about me. All of sudden I feel a warm touch on my forehead. I raise my head up and see her right palm on my forehead while the other palm is on her forehead. She is trying to measure our heat since she thought I'm not feeling well. 

"The temperature is normal though." She put down her hand on her forehead but still stick those soft palm on my forehead. 

"I'm not sick and don't treat me like one." I remove her hand away from my forehead. 

 

Its really hard to stay angry at her. Everything she does make me smile unknowingly.

 

"Finish your foods quickly, we are leaving soon." I simply said as I show no interest at her. She just stares at me while finishing her foods. As soon as she takes a last bites, I stand up from the seat and pull her hand in mine.

"Let's go." I kind of drag her to the counter and make a payment there. At first she insisted to pay since she was the only one that eat the tteokpokki but I just paid without saying anything. The ahjumma that in charge of the counter looks at us and smile brightly when she saw that I protectively hold Dahee's hand.

"Aigoo, you two could make a cute couple. Look at the way he holds her hand, I bet you must feeling secure around your boyfriend right?" The ahjumma said to Dahee. Yes ahjumma, keep saying that I'm reliable and able to protect her. I can't say this by myself. It will be really embarrassing.

"Uh? We're just friends." Dahee smiles as she tries to be polite with the ahjumma. I can tell that she is embarrassed as she tries to pull her hand away from me but I tighten my grasp on her while smirk in triumph. 

 

Please Dahee, I could protect you if you believe in me.