Something off

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

Something off

 


 

Jimin's POV

When my finger met the string, I start to sing along with the melody. Somehow, I feel nervous to let my voice lingering around all of us. A lot of question stay in my mind while I'm watching their reaction to my voice. Usually, I'm not even worried about this small matters but today, its different. 

It's different because she was here. Listening to my voice with reaction that hard for me to read it. Did she likes it? Or hate it? I don't know the answer to my questions and its . 

Others seems enjoy with my little performance since they are obviously clap their hands and move their body to the rhythm. I feel relieved to know they are enjoying themselves but only this one girl make me nervous to death. Whether she enjoys or she keeps hoping for me to stop singing.

 

You’re beautiful
Don’t we look good together?
I always imagine it like this
You be with me with me
You’re beautiful
What will we be like together?
I always imagine it like this
You be with me with me

 

At the end of the song, all of them clap their hand while J-hope cheers loudly. The girls also cheers for me, saying that my voice sound very nice. I smile at the compliment while my eyes busy searching for Dahee's reaction. 

She smiles too. And that times, the wind blows hardly and go through her hair. Even the wind mess up her soft hair, I can see her eyes shines on me like starlight. My heart beat for her. She's so dazzling.

 

"Is my voice okay?" I ask J-hope in a low voice, make sure that they didn't heard my question.

"Yeah. Good as always. Dahee looks happy when you're singing just now." J-hope said as he takes the guitar from my laps and start to move his finger on the string, playing a random music.

 

Really? 

 

I steal a glance at her and she's laughing with her friends at J-hope's simple jokes, where I don't find it very funny. Girls. Always find everything amused. And that's what makes them so special.

When I see Dahee's smiles, my lips automatically turn upwards. Her body movements resembles a flower petal that I worry she will be break. What's with this girl? Why my heart twinge in pain whenever she lost her smile.

 

And tonight, everything seems prettier than other nights. She is the most beautiful girl that ever existed in this world.

 

"Okay everyone, let's enjoy the night." J-hope cheers and all of them clap their hand with a shrieks of laughter. I just shook my head as I reluctantly draw an ugly circle on the sand with a stick that I found just now. 

 

I want to talk to Dahee. I really want to ask her how was my voice earlier. Did she enjoy my little performance? Those questions make my heart thump like crazy. And at the same time, I kinda feel mortified to ask those cheesy question. I mean, why does she needs to cares about my voice. About whether I'm doing fine or not. She totally assume me as a stranger. Not more than that.

If I can't approach her, maybe just maybe, keeping her safe under my gaze is enough. 

 

"Yah, Jimin! I hope we won't stay here till midnight." Those voice that make my heart tremble speak out to me as she tugs the side of my shirt. I quickly look at Dahee who's sitting beside me. Since when did she been here? I mean, beside me.

"Huh?" Curse my slow brain! I blink my eyes as I look at her once again. What did she said just now?

"Not to offend you but we can't stay here for a long time. The weather will become more darker than now if we're still here." She explains one by one to me.

"Ah, yeah. We can't stay here for the whole night." I nod to myself when something hit my mind. It's kinda dangerous for us to go home late. Plus, we have three girls with us and all three of them seems gentle. 

 

I stand up for my seat as I clear my throat to gain their attention. J-hope looks at me along with Hani and Mina. They seems puzzled with my sudden action.

 

"Why?" J-hope asks when he senses something wrong.

"Let's go home now. Its seems darker than before." I said as I point to the dark sky with my forefinger while mouthing J-hope something. I don't feel good. 

 

Within a sec, J-hope catch my words as he nods while look around us in secret, not to worried the girls. They might become panic if two of us hinted something at them. 

 

"Let's go girls, J-hope will walk two of you." I command while J-hope agreed with me. We have the best team ever. 

"Wait, lets stay here for the whole night." Mina exclaim as she pretends to laying down on the mat, refuse to go home. 

"Yeah, its not like we do this kind of thing frequently. Its hard to find this perfect chance." Hani agreed.

 

Their sudden reaction make me stop thinking. How could they come out with this idea. J-hope also seems a bit taken aback as both of us didn't know how to persuade the girls. He mouthed me, what should we do now? Plan B? 

Even I don't know where those plan B come out of nowhere. Let me think. I quietly approach Dahee since she is the only one that can convince her friends. 

 

"I guess you should talk to them." I smile at her while scratching the back of my neck.

"Okay, I'm sorry on their behalf for troubling you." She said as she sighs. No, its okay. You never troubling me though. 

 

With that, she left and marched to her friend's way.

J-hope and me just watch from a quite distance.

After seems like 5 minutes or 10, three of them walk towards us but not with those pleased face. Hani and Mina have a sour face plastered on their face while Dahee just acting like usual. Emotionless. It's kinda scary when girls have those expression on their face. We better stay out from their problems before something more scary happened. 

 

"Okay, let's go!" I tried to cheer them up but receive a hiss from them. Better shut my mouth tight.

 

 

End of POV

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

After bid a goodbye to J-hope, Hani and Mina, Jimin leads me to his house. At first, Hani and Mina didn't agreed to go home since they said its still early. I'm not pleased with their answer because I think its too late right now and I don't want to be a burden to Jimin and J-hope. After having a little argue with them, they finally follow my words.

The night become more darker since its almost midnight and here we are, walk side by side to his house. I hope nothing bad happen in this not-so-good-time. 

As we walk together, I can't keep up with his pace. His long leg really takes a big step. Does this guy still full of energy?

 

"Are you tired?" Finally, Jimin talks after sealed his lips for quite time. There's an awkwardness in his voice.

"Yes." I simply said while my eyes focus on the pitch-black path under us. 

 

He didn't said much after hearing my answer but I can feel that his pace become more slower than before.

 

"Well, your voice is good when you're singing just now." I smile as I look at him, trying to fill the noiseless atmosphere around us and I feel a bit sorry for him because of my friends.

 

Jimin was taken aback when he heard the sudden praise but remain calm, not to destroying his image. Fortunately, it was night and no one could see his super red face right now. He clears his throat once again. Unable to said anything.

We just continue our walk and back to silent.

 

"Well, I feel sorry for you and your friends since we don't have more time to spend at the beach." Jimin start the conversation.

"No, its okay though. Its not your fault." I quickly wave my hand, hinting that he's not in fault.

"But tomorrow, I will take all of you to the best place in Busan." He said, glint in his eyes. Typical Jimin. I just nod, agreed with him. 

 

Then, we just walk under the moonlight. 

 

 

Jimin POV

I look at her without she noticed it. The moon conspires with her, it makes she looks more beautiful. Her eyes glint, boldly black. I've suddenly forgotten how to read her eyes, so many emotions stare back at me at once so I just smile at her.

 

We just walk under the moonlight when the moon fades to blackness, it lights a fire inside my guts. It burns away the drabness of the day. The clock in and the clock out. My mind is blur with possibilities.

And I feel something off that night.

What is it.

Like we've been under someone's fiery gaze.

And that time, I hold her small hand in mine.