Treat

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

 

 

Treat

 

 


 

 

"Why are you here? Its already late though." J-hope said as he looks at the pathetic me. I've been standing in front of Jimin's house for 30 minutes. J-hope is happen to stay at Jimin's house for this week so here he is, convincing me to go home since Jimin won't come out.

"Can I at least talk with Jimin? I said something horrible to him just now. I just want to apologize and make sure that he is okay." I explain to J-hope since he is kind of clueless about my state with Jimin right now. I won't blame Jimin for acting like this. I deserve this though. I feel so sorry towards him.

"What are you saying at him? Just tell me, maybe I could help." J-hope asks as he looks at me and turn back to Jimin's room.

 

At first, I hesitate to tell him. I'm sure J-hope will judge me if I told him about the harsh words I said to Jimin. All guys won't like it either. But I try to stay positive as well by thinking the right way to tell J-hope. He is waiting for me to open my mouth while corrected his black sweater. The night breeze is killing both of us but more towards me since I wear a short sleeves t-shirt with a pair of jeans.

 

"Umm..." I don't know why but I just can't said those words anymore. It feel like I'm hurting him twice if I tell J-hope about it. What should I do right now. I blink at J-hope for several times before opening my mouth again. "Can you take care of Jimin's wound? He was badly injured before." Perhaps, its better for J-hope not knowing about it. I won't said those words again. Not in front of him or his friends. I'm sorry, Jimin.

"Yes, sure. Anything else?" J-hope hold the door knob behind him, ready to close the door when I'm leaving. I shake my head as I bit my lips.

"Tell Jimin that I'm sorry." I said as I bow to J-hope and thanking him since he didn't leave me alone outside Jimin's house. He just nods and finally close the door. The cold wind hit my face as I turn my back to Jimin's house. 

 

The feeling of rejected hit me as I arrange my step to Hani's house since her house is in the same alley as Jimin's house. Its feel like being stabbed in the heart a thousand times without dying. The cold night somehow suit myself right now. There is no warmth in this chilly night. The only things that accompany me is a sound of crickets chirping. I sigh as I raise my head up to search for the stars. The stars do shine brightly as if they own the wide sky. I've been in my thought for a while, thinking about nothing, until I notice my silhouettes become darker than before. It seems as someone turn on the light behind me and weirdly, I feel a little warmth. 

Then, another silhouettes appear beside mine. It bigger than mine that I could tell its a guy shadow beside me. I stand still at my spot without turning to my back to whoever it is behind me. Perhaps some passerby. As I'm about to take a step forwards, someone clears his throat behind me. I quickly turn since the voice sound closer and its kind of make me nervous. The moment I turn to my back, I see Jimin right behind me. 

He is the one who's standing behind me all this time. I don't expect the shadow to be him at all since he seems angry at me just now. But then, there he is, standing awkwardly while both of his hand is in the pocket of his jeans. A cut on his lips could be clearly seen under the road lamp and there is some dry blood at the corner of his eyes. He still didn't clean up his face. We both look at each other with no words. My mind is processing really quick right now, debating whether to talk first or let him speak up first.

It will be more awkward if none of us utter a word so I try to think of some words that will not hurting his feeling and make me regret in the future. 

 

"It will be dangerous to let you wandering around at this time." Jimin didn't speak for a while, and when he does, his voice is somewhat hoarse.

 

I look at him nervously, loss in my own words. What should I say? If I said I'm okay, he will thinks that I'm doubting his strength. If I said I'm not okay and he decides to walk me home, do I look selfish? I mean, he is badly hurt yet I make him walk back and forth just to walk me home. What should I do right now. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes. Enough for today. Enough for hurting him today. He didn't deserve all of this.

 

"Why don't you clean up your wound first?" Perhaps, distracting him with other question could save me from answering his hard questions.

 

He doesn't said anything instead, he just staring blankly at me. I fight not to fidget or shuffle my feet at the awkward silence that lay between us after I bring up about his wound. Unsettle eyes glance unceremoniously and tries to avoid catching each other glances. Did I said a wrong words.

The left side of his faint red lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his face, casting a spell to eyes that dares look his way.

 

"Shouldn't you be the one to clean up this mess on my face?" This time, a clear smirk plasters on his face as he runs his fingers through his hair. I swallow hard after saw his sudden action.

"Jimin, are you okay?" I don't feel quite good when I saw his reaction just now. He didn't look like Park Jimin that I know. Somehow, he looks like someone else. Jimin that I know is kind of bubbly and always grin like a fool but right now, the Jimin right in front of me is total opposite with the one that I know.

 

Maybe because of the hits. Did the guy knocked his head hard that he forget his true self. 

 

 

Flashback

Jimin POV

 

"Yah, you can't leave her alone like that? She must be scared after saw you fought with that guy." J-hope said as he kicks my unlock door open. His action does makes me surprised as he freaking kick my door. 

"Can you just open it properly?" I said, annoyed. My heart is hurt with Dahee's words and he is not comforting me at all. I put my head back on the bed as I close my eyes.

"Don't you worried about her? Its already late though." J-hope asks as he leans on the door frame while cross his arm on his chest.

 

I don't respond to him. I do feel worried about leaving her alone outside but I just can't convince my heart to talk to her. I feel so humiliated today. I can't face her right now, in this condition. Tonight incident keep replaying in my mind. The way she provokes me, the fighting scene, the looks in her face. The memories of all of these were still vivid. I sigh as I shake my head vigorously and sit on the bed instead of laying down.

 

"Hope, what should I do?" I said, almost whisper but still audible to J-hope. He raise his eyebrows to me, still can't access the current situation of me and Dahee. "I mean, what should you do if your girl start to doubt your strength to protect her?" I think its better to ask for Hope's help.

"That was hurt." J-hope simply answer, not helping at all. His answer is like a bullet that shot right into my heart.

"Are you talking about Dahee?" I simply nod, lose all my strength to answer his question.

"If so, you should act tough in front of her, like a bad boy or something like that. Don't act like yourself for a while." J-hope said while nod to himself, maybe proud of his advice. It hard to accept the sudden change since J-hope and me is always act like a fool. Both of us is a beagle line.

 

But I can't think anymore else other than J-hope's ideas. Better try it first. Who knows it might change Dahee's perspective about me. I jump off from my bed and run past J-hope before he mouthing a good luck to me.

As I reach for the door, I can clearly see Dahee's back as she takes a step forwards, leaving the area of my house. Fortunately, she is still there.

 

"Okay, let's try Hope's ideas."

 

End of POV

 

 

"Forget it." Jimin simply said as he brush off his hair into a messy one and let out a long sigh. I can't take my eyes off Jimin and I can't understand what he is saying right now. Forget about what.

"Let's go. I will take you home." Jimin said as he points to the car in front of his house.

"You can drive?" I ask curiously as I look at the car where he pointed before and back to him. I never know that he could drive all this times.

"Yes, I can drive. Now, lets go." He simply said as he gently pull me towards his car. I just let him drag me as my leg just follow his paces.

 

After get into his car, Jimin start the engine while fasten his belt. I quickly fasten my belt too and awkwardly stay still on my own seat. The air inside the car is too awkward that its killing me slowly. I don't know what to say to Jimin. He also didn't talk much. He step into the gas and the car moves under his control. He doesn't turn on the radio or make a sound. The only thing that I could hear is our own breathing inside the car. How suffocating it is. 

 

"The cut on your lips." Finally I manage to find a topic to bring out and kill the silence around us but my effort is useless as he cuts off my words.

"I'll take care myself." Jimin said, looking tired. As much as I want to take care of his wound, I decide not to talk anymore instead of nod at him.

 

The ride to my house only takes several minutes as I can already see my residence area. Jimin steps on the break and stop right in front of my house. I begin to unbuckle the belt and thanking Jimin before I get off from his car.

 

"I'm sorry for today incident." I said as I close the car door gently and make my way to the front of my house. Jimin still didn't utter a words as he just nod and rides away. 

 

 

Jimin POV

 

After make sure that Dahee went home safely, I drive back home. She looks so sad as she apologize at me before. I want to comfort her so bad but I don't know why can't I said those soothing words. Those simple soothing words. After cleaning up my wound, I take a quick bath and dry up my hair while looking at the mirror. I sigh as I lay on the bed. I can't stay angry at Dahee for too long.

 

"Yah, didn't we agreed to act like a bad boy?" J-hope appear out of nowhere as he sits on the edge of my bed. I turn to face him.

"I just can change my behavior in one day." I stretch my arm while look at J-hope, uninterest.

"You should let her treat your wound." J-hope playfully said as he points his forefinger at my bruised eyes. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Its already late though and I don't want her to stay at my house this late. Plus, she will be the only girl here. That's a no way I would let her be alone with you and me." I lay back on the bed, feeling a bit dizzy all of sudden. 

"Why?" J-hope sounds so confident as he smirks at me.

"Lets respect her. I just don't want her to be in the man's house late night. And I don't really trust you." The thought of Dahee to be here at midnight is dangerous. Who know what might happen. It will be somehow like the little red riding hood and two wolves. Sounds more dangerous.

"You know what, forget about the bad boy image and just be you." J-hope said and once again, he feels proud with his words. I roll my eyes at his sight. Who was the one that came out with the bad boy image huh?

"Okay then, get out. I want to sleep now." I pretend to kick him and he just walks out from my room before repeating those words again and again. What a day.

 

 

I shift on my bed, try to find a more comfortable position to sleep. I really want to forget today incident. I hate it when I need to ignore Dahee for the whole day.