Lost

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

 

Lost

 

 


 

 

 

Jimin is sleeping right now so I decide to wait for him until he wakes up. There's only one visitor that can stay with Jimin until night and I already write my name in the list. At first, J-hope asked me to go home since he knew about yesterday incident. Perhaps, Mina and Hani told him. I refuse to do so since I really miss Jimin and I just want to make sure that he's okay. I want to stay until he wakes up and there's so many things I want to tell him.

 

"Can I stay here please? I promise I will not skip my meals." I plead, hoping him to say yes.

"I think its better for me to take care of Jimin. You want me to call your friends?" J-hope seems worried. 

"No, don't! Don't call Hani and Mina. I don't want to trouble them any longer. I just want to stay here please." Once again, my pleading become so desperate. J-hope looks at me, still won't let me stay. He is feeling nervous, unsure of himself.

"Pleasee..." This time, I'm begging, almost on my knee.

"Hey, don't be like this." He startled with my sudden action as he hold my arm tightly so I won't be on my knee.

 

After hearing my pathetic explanation, J-hope finally agreed with me. Plus, he can't say no to me because of my stubbornness. Its almost night anyway, so he should be home early since Dahee will be the one who stay.

 

"Okay then, you can stay. If something happen to Jimin, please let me know." J-hope said as he pass me a small crumble paper that contain his phone number.

"You will be the first one to know." I nod and smile at him before he leaves.

 

I really owe my life to J-hope. He saved me once today. I walk to the couch beside Jimin's bed and settle myself on it. Looking at how soundly Jimin sleep right now make my heart at ease. I smile while lean on the couch. Today is another hard day for both of us.

 

 

Flashback

Staying here make me feel uneasy. The strange guy just keep his head low. I don't even know who he is or how on earth he knows my condition. This is so weird. I clasp my hand together as I break into a cold sweat. What if he is the one who's keep following me all this time? What if he's the one that stabbed Jimin that night. This is not so really good. 

Did he following me all around until here. My breathe become heavy all of sudden. I need to escape as soon as possible. The people on the bus seems so calm while enjoying their ride. But its different for me. The ride make me breathless. I look around and saw a stop button.

I should end all of his game. Without thinking much, I raise my hand up and press the stop button.

 

Ding Dong

 

My heart beat faster as if I'm taking a wrong choice. I look at the strange guy beside me and startled when I notice his gaze on me. The same eyes were looking at me, almost burning me with his intern gaze.

 

Oh my God

 

It left me a goosebumps. I quickly stand up after press the button and rush to the bus door. It seems like I'm the only one who's going to get off from the bus at this stop. I keep my eyes on the door, not dared to look at him. The bus stop at the stop sign and the hiss sound could be heard when the door open. As I'm about to take off from the bus, I can feel someone standing behind me. The scary aura got the whole of me.

I shook my head, still, I won't look back. He can't do anything to me since there's a lot of jaywalker. I jump off from the bus and ready to run at the count of three. Counting the number in my head, I take a deep breathe.

 

"Okay, let's run." I whisper to myself, already in the right position of running.

 

As I'm about to sprint off, someone hold my right arm and make me stop on my pace. I scream as hard as I could while shut my eyes. 

 

"Don't kill me!" Was the only words that come out from my mouth at that time.

"Hey, don't scream. Dahee! It's me, J-hope." J-hope gently hold my arm while trying to shut me up. I'm too noisy. The passerby are looking at us. In doubt. Whether to help me or not.

 

J-hope?

 

I stop from struggling and open my eyes slowly. There's J-hope. He takes me into his arm and tries to calm me down. Its soothe me somehow to be in his embrace.

 

"Why are you acting that way?" J-hope broke the hug as he looks into my eyes.

"Huh...." I don't say anything. The right words just won't escape from my mouth. He raised his eyebrow, waiting for my answer.

 

"Perhaps, you are tired." J-hope makes his own conclusion and I just nod. How I wish his assumption is the right reasons of my action just now.

 

He looks at me and realized that I'm wearing a short sleeves in this cold weather. I try not to act obvious that I'm really cold right now. Plus, I've been in the bus with a strong air cond and a stranger with a black hoodie. I don't feel well. 

 

"Take this and let's go to Jimins'." J-hope puts his sweater on my shoulder and leads me to where Jimin was.

 

End of flashback

 

 

I fall asleep while waiting for Jimin to wakes up. The silent and cold night make me feel sleepy and I don't even mind to sleep on the couch. I'm sure my back gonna kill me if I'm sleeping in the couch but somehow, my heart feel relieved to be able to stay beside Jimin and knowing that he's fine. 

I shifted to the side of the couch, try to make myself comfortable as I'm going to take a quick nap. The room is soundless since everyone is already fast asleep, its too quiet that I might surprise myself if I hear anything inside this room. 

As I'm about to go to sleep back, I could feel a warmth on my palm. My eyes shot open and my heart thumps, a little excited. The warmth then move to the top of my hair as I feel like someone caress my hair gently. Tears well up as tighten my grip. Just imagine Jimin awake right now make me feel so happy.

 

"Dahee." 

 

 

I could feel my heart beat.....every single pound in my chest. Not through my ears. This great pounding, this great pressure; every beat. I couldn't hear it but I could feel it.

 

 

"I'm glad that you're fine."

 

 

I can feel it still, beating, pulsing, thumping. It didn't work. Why won't it stop.

 

 

"Yah, you should worry about yourself. Not me." I look at Jimin. His voice. How I miss his voice so much.

"I'm okay. What happen that night after I'm passed out?" Jimin asks, full of curiosity. His eyes changes at his own question.

"Nothing much actually. I just don't want to remember about that night anymore. You're injured, I left you and you went missing. I shouldn't left you that night. How selfish I am." There is a guilty secret hidden in my voice.

 

He shakes his hand and took my hand in his. It is weirdly soothing and comforting. 

 

"You do the right things. That guy was after you and you can't fight him back and I'm not there to save you. So the least you can do is run away." Jimin brush my hand with his thumb.

 

I smile sadly. He was injured yet he still cares for me. 

 

"When you are going to discharged?" I change the topic. Thinking deeper about all of this would lead me to tears.

"Tomorrow maybe. Plus, I'm already fine you see. Look!" Jimin jokes while act silly. He sure knows how to make people around him smile.

"You do look better." I smile. His eyes are on me. Being under his gaze is somewhat soothing and I feel kinda safe.

"Then, you should sleep now, Park Jimin. You should rest." I tuck him on the bed so he could sleep and rest his body.

 

As I'm about to stand up and sleep on the couch, I feel a pair of warm hand hold onto me. My gaze fell on him and there's Jimin, looks like a child who didn't want to sleep.

 

"You know what, I don't feel like sleeping anymore. All I did today is sleeping. I want to spend my time with you." A goofy grin paster all around his face. 

 

I don't think I could say no to him. After what he's going through yesterday, I think this is the best way to repay him even its just a small wish.

 

"I guess we could do that." I nod as I approach him and sit back at the couch beside his bed. I guess I can stay awake all this night.

 

And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.

 

Park Jimin, I'm sorry.

 

I think I got lost on the way to see you