Not a good date

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

 

Not a good date

 


 

 

 

I open my eyes after hearing an annoying hyenas' laughter. There's a guy who I assume as Jimin's friend at school since I always saw him and Jimin hang out together. What's his name again? J- something. I rolled my eyes when Jimin joined his friend into a laughing party. 

 

"Yah, J-hope! That was so crazy. I almost run away just now." Jimin said while he pats his friend's shoulder hardly. Boy.

 

Ah, that's J-hope boy. 

 

I know him.

 

I nod as I already found out his name. Yeah, J-hope. Jimin's best friend forever. They always stick together like a couple. I just shrug when the idea of couple hit my mind. Ew.

 

And wait..what did Jimin said again?

 

Run away?! 

What did he meant by run away? Leave me behind and save his own life. -_-

 

I let out a loud scoff and flip my ponytail over my shoulder, beginning to carelessly check my hair for split ends. What a jokes. I've never know that Jimin is such a funny guy. I cross my arm together and fake a cough while glaring at them, unamused.

 

Now, both of them are looking at me while nudge each other elbow, sense the dangerous that they might faced it together. Jimin keeps avoiding my eyes while J-hope keeps drawing a circle on the ground with his feet. Both of them try their best to not looking into my eyes as they keep busying themselves doing useless thing. 

 

Jimin clears his throat once when none of us talked likes no one would dare to break the silent.

 

"So, why are you here?" Jimin turns to J-hope. I look at J-hope when the curiousity hits me as well about his presence. Did Jimin told him that we're here?

"I just came here for my holiday. At first, I thought about surprising you at your house but when I arrived in front of your house at dinner time just now, I saw Dahee so I decided to surprise both of you. I don't expect both of you will be this shocked. Sorry." J-hope's long explains make me and Jimin focus on him. At the end of his sentences, he chuckles. 

"Is that so? Why don't you join the dinner?" Jimin looks at me as if he's saying that we're glad if you stop by at my house and join the dinner. I don't know that one looks could mean anything. I just awkwardly nod at J-hope, try to agreed with Jimin. 

 

It's awkward because I've never talked to J-hope or my classmates. Unless I need anything, I will talk to them but if nothing important, I'd rather stay at my seat, doing nothing.

 

"I don't want to disturb both of you." J-hope spits out with a naughty looks.

 

Realizing it, Jimin hits his friend's arm hardly. I'm a bit startled when the sound of Jimin's hit can be heard clearly at this time, in this quiet night. 

I bet that must hurt a lot.

 

"My parent was there too." Jimin mocks his friend. He looks at me but I show no reaction since I don't understand what did they mean by that. Perhaps, no special meaning. I just stare at them and at the sky and at the bushes around us. Nothing seems weird. 

 

Then, both of them laugh at their silly jokes. I just sigh as I look around us, no energy to join them or understand what they thought. 

 

"And about just now, did you guys seriously surprise or what?" J-hope asked when he noticed that I'm really shocked with his sudden jump out of the bushes. 

"Of course!" I exclaimed, my heart still beating stronger.

"Not really." Jimin bluntly said, boring with J-hope silent attack since it's lame.

"I thought you will not startled since it always hard to make a surprise attack to Jimin." J-hope innocently stated.

"Of course she surprised, you fool. She's a girl afterall." Jimin tries to backup for me as he pulls me closer towards him. I startled with his sudden bold action as I try to distance ourselves a bit inch.

"And she didn't put her trust in you. She's a girl afterall." J-hope said as he smirks when I try to keep a good distance between me and Jimin. 

"Yah, of course." Jimin speechless since what's J-hope said is truth and he didn't has any nice point to backup for himself.

 

I just giggles when I saw their childish behavior. I never know that both of them argue with a small matters. They're like a kids fighting for who's right. How cute.

When they heard my giggles, both of them smiles and let out a light chuckles.

I don't expect that hanging out with them could make me smiles. Perhaps, I keep closing my heart for them to not come closer to me that's why I always complain. Not only for them, for all my new classmates since I don't want to moved to the new school at the first place. I look upside the sky and wonder for a while.

 

The stars look like scattered moondust in the sky. I smile when I realized that tonight is such a clear night with all those shining stars shone at the wide-black sky. As I enjoy the midnight, never did I know that there's something else in the bushes, secretly looking at us. 

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

 

Since it's our first night at Jimin's hometown, J-hope asked all of us to have a camping on the beach and enjoy the night breeze of Busan. He said it's not easy for us to wait for the good weather to have a camp in here. So we just agreed with J-hope suggestion. I bet this should be worth it.

I called Mina and Hani to joined us with this camping idea since its kinda awkward for me to hang out with two boys that I barely know at the middle of the night. In a sec, Mina and Hani agreed and rushing to the beach.

 

"I never thought that we are having a camping in the beach in the middle of the night." Mina chirps as she spread out her arm, feeling the cold yet comforting night wind.
"You should thanks Dahee and his boyfriend for all of these." Hani jokes while pokes me in the elbow.

 

Hearing her words make me rolls my eyes. 

 

"Just friend okay, but more likely a classmate." I sit on the mat that Hani and Mina brought just now. It's a good things they bought it since all of us will not dusted our pants. 

 

Meanwhile, Jimin and J-hope are working diligently in making a firewood for us. They picked a few dry stick that they found near the beach and try to make out a fire with it. I approach both of them, try to give a hand.

 

 

"Is everything okay here? I could help." I crouch down beside Jimin. Both of them break out in a sweat even in this cold night.

 

 

But none of them answer to my question. Perhaps, they are too focus in making a fire. I take out my handkerchief that I always keep with me and about to wipe Jimin's forehead when he suddenly hold my right wrist and show his sweet smiles.

 

"You don't have to. We'll be done in 5 more minutes and you should enjoy the night with your friends by now." Jimin said as he stares into my eyes. I awkwardly nod while avoiding his gaze.

 

It's hard to faced with sudden manly Park Jimin. 

I hope they could make a fire before the night become more colder with the night breeze. Jimin let my wrist go as he continues with what he was doing just now.

 

"Okay if you said so." I stand up and awkwardly walk to Hani and Mina who's laying down on the mat while enjoy the bright stars in the sky.

 

I sit beside them while hug my knee and enjoy the night scenery. It's beautiful but different from other night. Perhaps because this is my first time in Busan or perhaps because of him.

 

"The fire is done!" J-hope shout in relieves as he drops on the sand, happy. 
"You could take your mat around here so we can heat up ourselves." Jimin said as he stands up and stretch his arm.

 

Hearing their voices, I quickly stand up along with Hani and Mina. We take the mat towards them and spread it so we could sit there. I take a sit at the end of the mat while Mina and Hani sit at the middle, beside Jimin and J-hope. 

 

"Woahh, its really warm here." Hani cheers while put both of her palm near the firewoods.
"Of course, look who's making the fire." J-hope smirks and they chuckle. 

 

I just look at the fire with my head rest against my knee. Lately, I can't control my heart. Sometimes, it beat stronger when I'm around him. What with me? 

 

The wind blow around us and the sound of the sea sure comforting. The ocean was forging its own sea-song. The gurgling waves were metronomic. Slumbering in its blue robe, the sea greeted us and the half moon of the beach softly. It was like being wrapped in comforting cellophanes of warm sounds and soft light. Being here is the best choice and being with them here is the perfect choice.

J-hope looks at Jimin and smile when something hit his mind. 

 

"I brought a guitar with me." J-hope grins as he runs towards one of the tree near the beach where he placed his guitar before he helped Jimin lighting the firewood.

"Wow, its perfect!" Mina exclaimed.

"You should sing since your voice is OK." J-hope said as he puts the guitar on Jimin's lap. Jimin seems a bit surprise with J-hope sudden request and gives him a look.

"I don't want." Jimin simply said and put back the guitar on the mat.

 

I look at Jimin and he turns to look at me. We both make an eye contact. For a while, the world seems like in a slow motion mode and the wind blow into his hair makes he looks more attractive. I quickly break the eye contact and fake a cough. Awkward. So does Jimin. He quickly set his eyes on everything except me and J-hope notices Jimin's weird behavior.

 

"This is your chance. Try to melt her heart." J-hope nudges his friend's elbow and pass him the guitar. For a moment, Jimin looks kinda worried about the ideas. Should he? J-hope nods, confirming the ideas.

 

After having a little argue with himself, Jimin takes the guitar and place it on his laps. He makes himself comfortable with the guitar and test his voice. 

Mina and Hani seems excited as they clap their hand. Me too. Somehow, I silently participate into his little performance. 

The sound of guitar can be heard along with the sound of the sea. Its nice until Jimin's voice mix well with the sound of nature. I was hypnotized by the mellow tone of his voice. Jimin's voice is mesmerizing and that time, I look at him as if he was the perfect man that ever exist in this world.