A gift for Jimin

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

 

A gift for Jimin

 

 


 

 

A bell tinkled as I walk in to the shop and a staff greets me with a smile. I look at her while flash my smile back before go deeper into the shop. The real reason why I'm here is because I overheard Jimin and J-hope's conversation earlier at the class. Its not like I eavesdrop their conversation, I just happen to be there when J-hope wished happy birthday at Jimin. So, today is Jimin's birthday and I really have no idea what day is it if I don't walk pass by our class at break time just now. I don't know why but after the incident that night, after the weird guy had been arrested, after I saw Jimin with the girl yesterday, Jimin and I start to distance ourselves.

Both of us just avoid each other after all those incident. Even this morning when the class bell ring, I decided to take a different way to our class. Jimin was the same. He took another way to reached our class. As we reached our class, both of us just ignored each other's presence. We just lived our life as if we never met each other before. Even its hurt to admit it, I feel somehow sad and disappointed with myself. Why can't I talked to him first.

And I noticed at break times, Jimin hang out with J-hope and the girl that I saw yesterday. They look so happy at the school cafe when the girl brought a cake for Jimin. Probably they celebrated his birthday at the cafe.

 

"Happy birthday, Park Jimin!" They sang a happy birthday song while clap their hands. J-hope puts some candle on the cake while the girl asked Jimin to make a wish for himself.

"Make a wish before you blow the candle." The girl chirps happily when Jimin closed his eyes while put his hand together, make a wish. The moment Jimin done with his wish and open his eyes, the girl put the cream on Jimin's nose and all of them laugh happily.

 

I hide behind the cafe wall while watched the happy scene in front of me. Its not like I'm stalking them, I just want some information about what's Jimin likes. They are in a cheerful mood and its a lie if I said I didn't feel dejected while looking at them secretly.

 

"Miss, what are you searching for?" The girl approached me as she kindly looks at me, trying to help me to choose the gift. I startled by the sudden presence beside me as I almost scream my lungs out. Her voices snapped me back to the reality as my eyes fall into her figures and I quickly shook my head to gain back my consciousness. 

"Umm.." I hesitated for a while since I don't know what should I buy for Jimin. Even we grew apart day by day, I still want to get him a gift for his birthday. I don't want to forget about him and I wish he will remembers me forever.

"If you're okay with it, may I know who do you want to buy for? Who knows if I could help you." The girl smiles at me as she looks a bit aware while asking me those questions.

"I want to buy for my friend. A guy." I simply said, hoping that she could help me picked up some gift for Jimin. She looks at me while nod her heads, perhaps, start to think which one should I buy for my guy friends.

 

There is one thing in my mind when I think about Jimin. A clothes. I don't know why but he looks kind of fashionable when he wears his own clothes rather than school uniform. I remember the first time I saw him without school uniform, he looks so handsome and attractive. And because of that, I want to buy him the clothes.

 

"Can you show me a guy clothes?" I politely asked while look around the shop. She quickly responds to me as she nods while leads me to the guy clothes. 

 

After thanked her for the help, my eyes search for the suitable clothes for Jimin. If I'm not mistaken, he does like black and light blue color. He often wears a black and light blue shirt and I do noticed that most of his belonging is whether black or light blue so I don't have to think hardly about the color of clothes. The size of his shirt should be medium. I nod to myself while spend my time there searching for Jimin's gift. The shop sells clothes of various colors so its easier for me to choose the colors that he liked.

As I walk through the rack of the clothes, a light blue sweater and a white-black stripped clothes caught my attention. I stop on my own pace while staring at those two clothes that success take a hold of my interest. This will be perfect for Jimin. I smile as I manage to find the present for Jimin without spending too much time.

 

"Will Jimin likes it?" I grab those two clothes as I look at the back to check the price tag. As soon as my eyes land on the price tag, I nod to myself while doing some quick math in my mind. If I combine the price of the clothes, it still affordable though.

"I guess I will take these two." I said to myself while scan the clothes for the last times before make a payment at the front counter. 

 

The beep sound filled the air as the staff scan the item that I bought as I placed it on the top of the counter. I look around the shop while the staff was scanning the clothes. This shop is kind of posh so they must have a wrapping service right. I look back at the staff while takes Jimin's gift as she stated the price that I need to pay.

 

"Do you perhaps, have a gift box?" After giving her the right amount of money, I asked about the gift box. I want to wrap the gift in the box so it will look special. Plus, its a birthday gift so it must look special. 

"Yes, we have the gift box. Would you like one?" She politely asked me and I quickly nod, feeling excited all of sudden. 

"I'd like one and does it comes with a ribbon?" I don't know why but I feel my heart at ease when I'm doing all this kind of things.

"Sorry, we don't have a ribbon. We just have a mini card for the gift. Is it okay with you?" She shook her head when she apologize for the ribbon. A card. What should I write if I choose the card. I pondered the question of what should I write for Jimin. A happy birthday greets perhaps.

 

Without saying much, I just agreed to take the card and put it on top of the box. Once again, she nodded at my request and start to do the wrapping things. I, on the other sides, keep thinking the suitable words to write for Jimin. Should it be, 'Happy Birthday, Park Jimin! Thanks for all the memories , does it sound melancholy? or should I just write, 'Happy Birthday, Park Jimin! Sorry for all the troubles. I shook my head vigorously as I don't want to embarrassed myself in front of him. Maybe a simple wish will do.

It only takes five minutes to prepared the gift as I take the gift after thanked her for the help. I put the card together with the box and bow to the staff for the last time. The bell tinkled as I push the door to left the shop. I don't know why but after getting a gift for Jimin, I feel so happy. So shall it stay put, a smile eternally stained upon my lips.

I make my way to Jimin's house while humming to a random songs. I will make sure that I passed the gift for him hand in hand. The weather is quite nice as I strolled to Jimin's place. Will he be at home? What if he isn't home? Should I just put the gift in front of his house? There is a lot of thought run wildly in my mind and I'm not really sure how to answer those questions. 

 

---

 

The thought that I had before is actually happen right now. I sigh as loud as I could while my eyes drop on Jimin's house. It was so quiet and I could even tell that he isn't home yet. The inside of his house is kind of dark and I can't see his shoes everywhere near the shoes rack. This is so upsetting. How much I want to give him the gift yet he is not here. Where is he actually? Did J-hope throws him a birthday party somewhere else? Or did he went out with that girl?

Once again, the wrong thought never disappointed me as the things I imagined before is really happening right now. Did I have a sixth sense to predict about what will happen in the future.

I smile sadly when I saw Jimin and the girl walked together, stroll towards his house. They chat happily while laugh at their own jokes. A perfect combination. Jimin looks so sweet like usual that it could attract other girls when they saw him. Somehow, I longed for his honey like voice. We didn't talk much now and I kind of miss spending my time with Jimin. 

 

"What are you doing here, Dahee?" That honey like voice called out for my name when he saw me standing right in front of his house, doing nothing. I snap back to the reality when I heard a girl giggles beside Jimin. After looking at her closely, I hate to admit that she is so cute. I shake my head gently, trying to knock off those thought.

"Um..hi?" I greet them but it sounds like a question. Slowly, I hide the gift behind me as both of my hand rested behind my back. He didn't saw the gift right. Jimin looks a bit puzzled by my sudden answer and presence. He raised his eyebrow, hinting that what-are-you-want-actually- look. Grinning awkwardly, I excuse myself to leave them. I don't know since when I become so awkward around Jimin. The awkward that killing me inside and I hate it. 

 

The girl suddenly reach out for my hand when she feels something suspicious behind my back. The impact of her sudden pull make the gift drop onto the cold floor as I am quite surprised by her action. She stares at the gift for a minute, then, her gaze drop on my figure. My heart feel like bursting any time when Jimin bend down his back to takes the gift. Without thinking much, I quickly bend down to pick up the gift and our head collide with each other. I have no time to groan by the impact of our head collided since my mind is full of the gift. Somehow, I don't want to give Jimin's present in front of the girl.

The moment I straighten my back and still hide the gift behind me, I barely heard a low groan in front of me. The owner of the voice caress his forehead gently as he shut his eyes, tries to ease the pain. I cup my mouth with one of my hand when I saw his forehead turn red due to ran into mine just now.

 

"Are you ok-" I didn't managed to finish my own words when the girl cut me off from saying more.

"Are you okay? Is it hurt?" Her voice is full of concerned as she quickly caress Jimin's forehead gently while blow on it as if he was a kid who is hurting because of someone careless. Jimin shook his head when the girl warm palm was on his forehead. He brush it off and mouthing I'm okay.

 

I just witnessed the whole sweet scene in front of me and weirdly, a tear rolled down my cheek.